Guys, Guys. Which matters more to you? Looks or Personalty?

• Looks
    30% (31)
  • Personality
    70% (74)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

48

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 47

• They come hand in hand..
    I'm not going to date someone I don't fund attractive nor will I continue to date a bitch just cause she's ho...

• Both really matter to me, to be in a relationship with a girl, I must be attracted to her physically and find her personality interesting, otherwise I wouldn't be able to be in relationship with her and I wouldn't see the point of it. Nevertheless, if I had to choose between an average pretty looking girl isn't a very nice and interesting personality, and a very hot girl with a bad personality, I would prefer the first one.

• Looks get me attracted to her initially. After that it's all personality.

• Looks all the fucking way with mY shallow ass. And if ya look like a goblin you betta get hobbling LOL www.lovethispic.com/.../31725-Bunny-Hop.gif

• That's a bit insensitive, in my opinion. You would date a girl, just because she's hot? Not because she has a personality?

• @Phoenix98 But I wasn't trolling >_<

• Shh, shh under the bridge.

• Looks are most important for both genders. Anyone who says otherwise is a phantom bullshitter pussy fuck.

• To all the guys saying personality: You are all so dumb. You have to first and foremost be attracted to a girl to entertain her as a partner. If you think you are going to commit to a girl you are not attracted to because she can satisfy your emotional & intellectual needs, you are lying to yourself (and others if you posted here!). Looks first, personality second. Most smart men, however, will not take one without the other.

• To be really fair, we'll always care about looks first; you could meet a goddess, but with a shitty personality. Looks is something you can tell without knowing the person, and naturally and unconsciously we'll choose looks. But let me tell you, personality is way more important.

• Looks draw a guy in. Personality gets the second date

• Looks are for parties and for the streets.
    I'll only become attracted to a woman after listening to her for hours.
    Twenty-five years later the looks will be gone but the intelligence and personality will probably be the same.

• Both matter. You can't be lacking in either department and it's not that I expect the girl to be knockout beautiful or be exactly like me but let's just face it, if the girl is nice and has a lot in common but has very little to no physical attractiveness then kissing let alone sex would be awkward.

On the flip side of that, if a girl is very attractive but has a bad/boring personality with nothing in common and especially does nothing to further the conversation then a hookup might come out of it at most. Dates that feel like interviews or girls who complain all the time are the fucking worst.

• And I absolutely hate when someone insists a person is out of someone's league. The real question is, are you a match?

If you don't feel any excitement when seeing a person then it's not gonna work out.

• Depends.
    Hookup: Looks
    Relationship: Personality.

• Both of them!!. I give importance to both equally.

• Personality by far, looks can be nice but that's all it is.
    If you had to choose from a choice to pick the fancy well defined perfume with a uniquely shaped bottle or the one with the rectangular shape you usually buy.
    Which would you choose?

Once you choose that fancy looking perfume you'll smell like old lady Gibbons after the Gym.

Beauty comes from taste, smell, sound and touch... Not just sight alone.

• it's a 65:35 split with 65 being personality and 35 being looks. They are both important. If the most attractive girl I've ever seen approaches me but she's a complete bitch I won't want to date her. The same way if the girl with the best personality, but I'm not attracted to her I won't want to date her. You need a balance

• For me personality

• I can't pick one. The importance is equal.

• Looks

Any woman can develop a good personality, but looks are genetic yo

• I can stand to be with a woman that does not have the looks but I will not spend a minute of my time with a gorgeous woman with a lousy personality.

• I would say looks only because it doesn't matter how cool a girl is, if I am not attracted to her at all it's not going down.

That being said a girl can be really hot, but if she is dumb as a rock it won't last, but I would still probably sleep with her a few times.

It's sad I know, but that is how most guys think.

• It's both. A great personality and no looks won't cut it. Looks but a horrible personality won't cut it. It's a balance of the two.

• I'm 50/50 on this I think both matter.

• No-one has the perfect looks neither does anyone has a perfect personality. The 2 compliment each others. But, if I only had 1 option, I would go for personality.

• Both are equally important... but above average looking girl with great personality will go a long way than a great looking girl with just average or above average personality... In other words it is the compatibility which matters a lot to me

• For me, I was best friends with my girlfriend for three years before I asked her out, so personality. She isn't very physically attractive, but she is EXTREMELY generally attractive to me.

• Both, one is no good without the other.

• looks get old but personality is for a life time

• 65% personality and 35% looks.

• personality, looks are not everything if she's a horrible person

• Obviously personality, but I can't get attracted to someone I don't think is physically attractive to me. so I guess It is both.

• the right mix of both is the key

• More from Guys
    17