What is the difference between cute and hot?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hot implies sexually desireable.

Cute implies somewhat adorable, often youthful and/or small.

Most cute women are somewhat hot, because most guys find attractive youthful naive girls sexually desirable. Not exclusively them, but yes to them. Someone could be out of the age range you find sexually desirable and still seem 'cute'.

Some women are both very cute and very hot. Some are much more one then the other.

I. e.
    nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/.../...470776340240415.jpg
    In this particular picture, wouldn't call her 'cute', would call her 'hot'.

"hot without being cute' is more common i guess with older women who look elegant, seductive, and very much aware of what they're doing. Lena Olin seducing johnny depp in the ninth gate comes to mind:
    cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/.../...ull.jpg
    I mean she's almost a decade older than him. But nobody was thinking 'why is he fooling around with her?' And it's not that she looked younger than her age. She just still looked hoooot.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• I always seem to use the word "Cute" when talking about a teen or a young looking woman. I very rarely use the word "Hot" as I tend to use words like "Beautiful", "Pretty" or "Attractive" for other women.

• I feel like hot is more of a sex motivated term. I'm not too sure about this topic, but they are quite different.

• Until women started griping at me for saying they were hot, I didn't consider there to be a difference.

They both mean attractive, I think the rest is getting hung up about semantics.

Or the dreaded, "You only see me as a sex object." mentality that makes me want to shoot myself for talking to her in the first place.

Rant over -_- XD

• I would say that cute differs from hot in a simple way.

Cute = you look nice.

Hot = you look nice in a sexy way.

• cute: "you look nice!"
    hot: "wanna fuck?"

• Cute: I'm seeing you as a potential long term partner.
    Hot: I'm seeing you as a ONs/FUBU

• I think cuteness lasts longer and doesn't depend as much on age.

• I would rather have a cute/pretty girlfriend

• The dictionary should help you ^_^

• Cute for me means she could be my girlfriend.
    Hot means she looks like a model or something.

• I just don't know, I'm always called both...

• Cute is more about emotional, spiritual aspect
    Hot is physical and sexy aspect

• Cuteness leads to love while hotness leads to have sex!!

• cute is all about face, hot is combination = face, body , looks, personality

• Hot is a fling cute is forever

• Carli Lloyd (Cute) and Alex Morgan (Hot) on the US womens soccer team.

• when someone just good, then "Cute" or else "Hot"

• I'm cute and your'e hot.

• Cute = a girl i would like to date and go to movies with & chat with & laugh with
    Hot= a girl who i masturbate about by just thinking about her

• One you find innocent, the other you want to fuck

• can't get hard for cute.

What Girls Said 8

• When you're cute, you have more subtle baby-like features. When you're hot, you have more pronounced features like angular face, or nose, etc. Th body also plays into hotness.

Cute:
    25.media.tumblr.com/...lvo3inVs3P1r3d6rto1_250.jpg
    Hot:
    thisistrouble.com/.../...allpaper-1366x768-055.jpg

• Well hotness is more about facial expression and body. The second girl has a pretty baby-like face as well. It's just her pout and body that make her "hot"

• @YingKim I think there are plenty of hot Asian girls, trust me. I just think it's because Asians as well as Black girls don't age fast. #AsianDontRaisin You all just preserve well but I've seen plenty of hot Asians.

• I'm pretty sure guys go crazy for Asian girls!!!♡

• cute is something that looks like it needs to be protected/cuddled and hot means sexually attractive :( :(

• Hot= sexy, mysterious, bangable
    Cute= lovable, friendzone, just awwwww....that's usually where I get put lol

• hot is mostly in the sexy way or sexual way, based on the body and the clothes, and cute is more for the way you are or look like innocent, I don't know really, but i preffer 100% cute than hot

• both mean attractive but hot involves sex appeal whereas cute involves charm, sweetness, more innocent description

• Cute to me is the girl next door type
    Hot is more sexy, the vampy kind of girl

• When I hear cute I always think maybe innocent looking.
    Hot is more like sexy and more mature

• Hot is more of finding someone sexy or like sexually attractive. Cute is more like finding someone attractive but not in a sexual way. For example, some guys might find a little belly pudge cute but find a flat stomach hot.