My boyfriend hates my body. Do I really look that horrible?

I feel horrible. I feel fat & ugly. My boyfriend hates that I gained weight & asks out loud why he's still with me. His birthday was this month, & I hired a photographer to take budoir pictures of me. I gave him the prints in a birthday card, & he tore them up in front of me. I asked when he's going to approve of anything I do, & he said, "Once you look decent again, you chubby-ass porky little pig. I can't stand you." He left immediately to go to a friend's house. I picked up the shreds from off the floor & did a little cleaning to retrace my mind but this really hurts. I'm trying to better myself physcially but it sucks when he says he's the only one who will even tolerate being with me. I can't just leave him because we are both signed on our apartment's lease & he's the only connection I have in this town. And I know he can be the person who used to treat me well again. I hate being called chubby. I hate being called thick. Although I don't mind curvy.

This is what I look like right now. Am I that repulsive as to what he says?

Most Helpful Guy

• nah, not horrible. you've got a little more meat than some guys like but i'd take a pass at ya

• I have 36DD boobs if that helps.

• see that, boys? honesty always works.

thanks for MHO!

• No problem. You were precise but constructive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not the best angle for a picture... but you look just fine! I would dump your boyfriend. He obviously is being very immature and doesn't deserve a great person such as yourself.

• I haven't been called a great person in a while. Thank you!

• never mind i take that back (just reread it) that should be her ex

• @hazoplmeught what do you mean he said what he had to say?

What Guys Said 49

• Jeez, talk about self absorbed doucbag. He needs to eat a f**king shovel of shit for what he did. He probably gain more sanity too than the shit in his brain which has clearly become rotten. Why on earth would you subject yourself to this guy? There is nothing wrong with your apperance or looks, and your not chubby, fat or anything. He is just a shallow douchbag who dosent deserve your attention. You are worth so so much more than this, dont let people step on you like this. You dont look horrible period. And it was sweet what you did for him, which makes you sweet an caring on top of it. he on the other hand is again just a thoughtless shallow douchbag.

• You have a little excess there, but not anything that looks bed at all. Your boyfriend needs a new name: "Ex-". No man treats his gal like that. Boys do sometimes, and assholes even more often. Work your way out of that living arrangement and move on with someone, anyone, who appreciates you. this is not the guy!

• Wow ! Your boyfriend should definitely become nothing more than your roommate. May I recommend you find someone else than yourself to pay the rent, or throw him out and find someone else to stay with you?

Your boyfriend is a jerk and doesn't deserve a single minute of your time. He should be dumped without a second thought. He showed you a tremendous lack of respect. The kind you can't recover from. Even if he had valid concerns, the way he expressed them is unacceptable.

Maybe you could afford to lose some weight, but you look fine to me. You don't look horrible at all.

• I think you need to find a way to get out, before he destroys your self esteem to the extent that it's almost impossible. He's your boyfriend? I mean, what the fuck, even my enemies aren't that nasty to me =/ Your self worth must be really low to consider actually changing yourself for him, rather than chucking him immediately. What a bastard. I actually hope you're not being serious. This is pure tragedy that you'd allow yourself to get so beat up like that. Frankly, you shouldn't try and appease a cunt. And I don't use that word lightly...

• Do I look that bad?

• Well, I don't know what to say to you. I know you want validation, but it kind of cheapens the issue. Your body is normal. It could be more toned. I've dated girls 'bigger' than you and found them attractive. However, he made it sound like you're a worthless piece of shit. This is not about your body at all. People who feel like pieces of shit see pieces of shit in every body else. Your boyfriend likely hates himself. And you must hate yourself to stay with him. Seeking validation about the body is totally not what this is really about.

• Omg he's a dick. You look great. I'd break up with him if I were you.

• No, you don't look bad at all, you look fine. However I think your boyfriend prefers more of lean body type of women.

• That guy's an asshole. You have a great looking body, I'd be proud to date a girl that looks like you!

• Thank you... really?

• Well, I know my stomach is flat yet at the same time is flat from being "padded" as you say. I try to explain this to my boyfriend but he says I'm straight-up fat.

I know I have curves though.

• It's not a bad thing at all. The thing that boggles my mind is how someone who supposedly loves/cares about you could say something so mean and critical! haha

• You're a little chubby

• You look great! But maybe he's into incredibly skinny girls. Everyone's different. You look really good so he's the one with the problem

• thank you

• happy to help :)

• you're welcome. definietly very hot to me at least. i'd lose it

• When he went to his friends after ripping up the photos, did you dump him and if not WHY NOT?
    Don't take that sort of verbal abuse from him nor anyone else. Who is your boyfriend, the most arrogant BOY on the planet. I use the word boy because he is nowhere near a man.
    Do me and yourself a favour and tell him from me that I think your body is gorgeous and so do a hell of a lot of people on here. It's a pity you didn't have a "boudoir" picture to post, it would probably send the guys on here crazy.
    Dump him TODAY. PLEASE !!!

• I think it's literally impossible to look "so bad" that it'd warrant emotional abuse. Your boyfriend should be your ex.

• I hope your boyfriend gets punched in the throat, repeatedly.

• depends on if he's right

• You look fine to me.. next time he says that tell him well now you have a bit more to love.. take care now

• Ok so I think you should go to the gym and work out and reduce that belly fat...

But I gotta say your boyfriend was very hard on you..!

• I think it's time to leave that bastard...
    He "HATES" your body which probably means all he need is sex
    Dump and Move on

• You have to keep in mind that the vast majority of men think anything looks good. By conventional standards you don't look good.

• Well, you don't look chunky to me at all :D. You look quite hot. If your boyfriend doesn't see it, dump his dumbass lol :D.

• What's wrong with your body? 🤔 Your boyfriend is weird

• Yes you are big... BUT FUCK HIM! DUMP THAT PIECE OF TRASH boyfriend of yours first!!! You have great potential. Your boyfriend has karma coming his way so don't worry too much

• Don't tell me I have "great potential" if I'm already unattractive.

• That's the spirit! I'd rather be alone than with someone who causes pain.

• I'm sorry but you're not helping any. I don't need you calling me big when my boyfriend does that already.

• Dump that shallow asshole

• He sounds like an ass why are you with him do you like how you look, you look fine with nice tits I'd take that

• No you don't look repulsive. I personally think any guy that would say something remotely like what he did is not worth your time.

• I can't see your body, All I see is a bit of a chubby tummy... ehhh yea 😕

• You're fine leave that toolbag

• Oh my god, dump this piece of trashes ass.

• Dump his ass. If you feel that way, the only way to feel better is to start working out. I used to feel extremely insecure about my body until i started to work out (:

• I do work out. Do I need to work out more?

• damn girl just give me 5 minutes with you i promise you'd walk out feeling like the queen of the world

• I don't look so bad then?

• Thank you. I suppose you'd appreciate it if your girlfriend made you budoir pictures, huh?

• very welcome
      Just got out of a relationship like 2 or 3 months ago, so im single but if i had one
      heck yeah i wouldn't complain.. your boyfriends lucky lol

• were you slimmer when you got together?

• he called you porky.. what a shit... you look absolutely fine to me.

• As far as what I can see, I like it.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 15

• He is a huge jerk and I wouldn't take that shit off of him for a second. You're not repulsive by any stretch of the imagination and I think you look great. Even if he is put off by your weight gain, what he did was completely unnecessary and unacceptable. I would dump his ass if I were you. Having no one is much better than having someone who is that mean to you.
    Also, don't even bother trying to change him because you can't change people, especially if they don't care to change themselves. He is an asshole and you deserve so much better.

• No you aren't, honestly as much of a rut you're in you don't deserve to be with someone who says that to you. yes you can leave, nothing is permanent you're just finding reasons not to.

• You don't look disgusting at all! You just have a few layers of fat here and there, but that's normal. Shed a few pounds and you'd be perfect.
    Leave that douchebag at the chance you get. There's no point in staying with someone who can't appreciate you for who you are and who's constantly trying to put you down. Believe me, some guys prefer that kind of body. :D 👌

• Dump his ass !
    I don't care if you live together - find family or friends and go live with them until you can get back on your feet. What an asshole

• my question was if I really look that bad...

• Okay you're either just after attention here or don't wanna hear anything bad about your boyfriend.

He sounds the fucking worst though. But no, you don't look bad

• Sorry if I came off that way.

And thank you.

• Why are you with him?

• its good girl... why would he hate such a body... You look great.. but why are you focusing on your tummy [in this pic]
    you should have included lowwer and upper portion

• That's what I get so self-conscious about.

• you let him hurt you? LIKE THAT smh if i were you i would have left that same night deadass no joke and you cleaned the messss!!! you Make more of a messs shred something he worked on or cherishes if you gained weight and thought you were "pig" fuck him bitch ass he doesn't deserve you you busting your ass to please him and treating you like crap he went to friends house girl he's treating you like that and left to a friends house yeah right

• I think it's nice and he's an asshole. Please leave him for a man that will treat you right and like you deserve.

• Why are you still with him again?

• He is being very stupid you're not fat if he is degrading you and your emotions than you should rethink this relationship. You are what you make yourself remember that.

• you are NOT repulsive and you habe great boobs. dump his ass, why would you want a guy who does not want you? better make space for someone who is worth your time girl

• Omg. You are not near fat. You look good. For that boyfriend of yours, tell him to get the fuck out of your life. I literally want to go bitch slap him for you. He is one rude son of a bitch. I can't believe how some people can be so heartless. My advice is that you take your stuff and leave that shit head. You look good idek why he is saying what he is saying. Ps your belly ring is so cute :)

• Thank you so much!! My cousin got me that belly ring in San Diego. <3

• Your boyfriend should be an ex right now 😒

• No offense, but in all honesty you are pretty chubby. That's not curvy because you are just iPhone shaped with larger tits. No toning in your arms at all. Curvy is not iPhone shaped.

Your boyfriend is an asshole though. He' emotionally abusive and he should be more supportive.

• supportive of what?

• He says the more I lose the less he'll say stuff like that

• You should lose weight for you and to be healthy, not to silence your jerk boyfriend's insensitive, mean comments. Leave his ass

• No, I don't think you look bad at all. While people do have their preferences, he might be into really skinny people, like Kate Moss skinny? Either way, his delivery and conversation with you is completely rude and disrespectful.