Is being rated a 6/10 good or bad?

I overheard the boys in my class say that I was about a 6. I don't know if that's good or bad. Are they insulting me?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's good to me. Don't worry about what other people think of you though.

It's not average (that would be 5/10). But it's slightly better than average. I highly bet those boys aren't looks, are they? Take consolation in that fact.

What Guys Said 39

• You'd be a 10 to many guys, and you'd be a 1 to many guys, it's all pretty meaningless.

Basically whoever was rating you feels that you are above average but not the hottest to them. Don't let it change your confidence though. It's all in the perception.

• It's just so relative. I mean, I'm very hot to certain types of women, but not attractive to other types of women. It's so arbitrary. Plus, they are immature at that age, who knows what their criteria even is. And even then, that's better than more than HALF of girls! haha

• It's a rating if you are just above average. Anywhere between 6-8 is handsome and attractive and anywhere above 8 is gorgeous or you fall into the looks of a model category, means you look like a model.

• I don't think numbers is the correct method in rating people because everyone has a different meaning for each number. What I consider a 7 might be equivalent to a 5 in someone else's mind.

• Yeah I agree with this. I interpret the attractive scale based off how I do with grades from school. 7 (a 'C') meaning average. 8 (B) as cute. 9 (A) as beautiful. 10 (A+) as jaw dropping. But I tend to say 10 to a girl who's attractive period haha I admire beauty for what it is. You catch my attention, you're a 10 in my books.

• No, not for me. That's what I define average. Good starts from 7, in my opinion.
    I wouldn't wanna be rated a 6.

• you're chillin d00d

• Average

• A 6 is average, meaning you're not ugly but not ridiculously hot either. Don't take what they rate you to heart, this might sound corny but only your view of yourself matters.

• I think its an insult, cause when I say 5/10 is average , the guys around me are like no, thats hideous. a 7/10 is average.

• it means you are average... but the good average. you look goodbut nothing special. that's what a 6 is to me

• I'd say ignore them, either way he is talking with a bro, and bro are idiots. Although, the original guy that asked must have found you attractive one way or another. He wanted to know what someone else thought to see if there was competition.

• Maybe? To some you may be a 6, to others you may be a 16. It's their opinion and that changes from person to person.

• I think it's good 🙂

• For them u are 6 maybe for others u are 8 and for others 10 ... Learn to don't care much about what others say and just be urself and be more confident of urself ;)

• to right guy, every girl is capable of a 10/10

• Umm... well I wouldn't say they were insulting you.

• it means you look average with a small tinge of cuteness

• i agree, 5 is average. there arnt many girls i would rate oveer 7

• To me, it's slightly above average. Take that as you will.

• It's more good than bad. At least your not a 4 or below.

• well that would be a D on a test so yeah

• It means you're slightly above Average. It's not bad

• Means you are better then average. I get rated a 6 a lot. I don't mind :)

• It's medium but nobody's first choice :/

• Averagishhhh

• It's a little bit above average...

• For me a 5 is average 10 is out of this world beautiful, being a 6 isn't something to be sad! A lot of guys would date a 6!

• it's slightly above average

• Its one point above average.

• Its above 5 which means above average no?

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 12

• To me a 6 is average. It's slightly above average

Anyway what makes their opinions so important?

• It's average.

• 6/10 is above average. Good ole fractions at use. It isn't a huge compliment, but they basically said you certainly aren't ugly.

• Average-ish

• You shouldn't base your looks off a few guys opinions! But, if you really wanna know a 5 is average so a 6 is above average 😊

• for guys it s good means you are above average

• That's a little above average.

• My guy friend said I was a 3.5 yesterday so a 6 would be amazing to me.

I'd say it's average or just above?

• Slightly above average

• It means they think you're average: not ugly and not particularly attractive either.
    I wouldn't take it as a bad thing

• Tell them to get a life. Than ignore them and focus on school.

• Yeah, why not?

That means you are slightly above average.

:\