Do guys like intelligent women?

would you prefer dating the hottest girl on the class but she is super dumb or the best student who is pretty/hot too?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys normally like women that are at least intelligent were they can carry on an interesting conversation.

What Guys Said 32

• The best student. I wanna have something to talk about. Probably not very interesting talking to dumb girls.

• Intelligent as in she passed college. No.

Intelligent as in has a high IQ or can pick up on things very fast and see past the surface level. Clairvoyant, mechanical in thinking, can see 20 steps ahead, then yes very sexy. But it's rare to see a girl like this.

• Depends. You say "best student" which can very well mean she's more of a workaholic/perfectionist. I don't care if she was the hottest, smartest girl in the world if she didn't know how to relax every once and a while I'd probably not choose her.

Of course, I'd never choose the pretty dumb girl, I can't stand stupid people.

• I prefer intelligent women, by far.

• Its definitely a big plus, but its not the biggest factor for me. It's much more important to me that I get along with her and enjoy spending time with her.

• To answer your initial question, intelligence is an attractive feature.
    I personally find intelligence appealing.

I'm not entirely sure how to answer the second part of your question because the individuals visual appeal would also have a say.

• Intelligence just like looks are attractive qualities, but what's the point if the woman doesn't have a good personality or has an ugly heart? I would probably date neither. This is coming from a guy that always have dated the intelligent woman.

• I don't really consider doing well in school something that guarantees intelligence. But intelligent girls are more attractive to me.

• I would prefer the smart and funny girl over the hot and dumb, or just really smart.

gotta say the biggest attribute i look for is funny, even in one night stand situations.

• Whichever one I have better chemistry with and who likes me more.

• Best student.

• you can't make it not equal. like, there's no tradeoff... anyways, we like the dumbest.

• I sure do ^^

• Any smart guy would pick the one with brains and beauty but thats just me talking. In the event that a relationship comes about she could offer valuable input or look at things from a different perspective completely contrary to to your own. Also to his benefit he would not have to do all the thinking.

• what do you mean by intelligent cause people have been thought a lot of lies so the young generation is very dumb and I don't blame them, but they think there smart

• I prefer the woman who is attracted to me and I'm attracted to her combination of personality, face and body.
    I don't care if a woman is smart or dumb, rich or poor, I just want to feel good with her and know that she likes me in the same way.

• Having a good head on your shoulders does earn you serious points.

• intelligence that isn't attached to arrogance is best

• i can tutor a dumb girl =]

• I would definitely date the intelligent girl.

• I like hot women.

• If you're dumb, being hot means nothing.

• Stupid women and women that complain are my two biggest turn offs. A confident intelligent woman is going to grab my attention and keep it.

• She better have a decent head on her shoulders if she wants to date me. I'm not into 'Airheads'

• No we always like silly girls

• prefer smart girls over dumb ones

• Yes.

• Of course the smart.

• I like em kinda dumb. Its cute

• it's a nice plus.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 1

• The best student by far for me, but I like men. My brother said he goes for the looks but stays for the looks/personality. So if you can't talk with him on any deeper levels your gonna be ranked way lower. Also, nobody likes a showoff or someone who only talks about facts or is all technical about everything, because that's bad too