What is so wrong with a septum ring?

I have had it honestly xD why do people judge me on some metal on my nose?
They call me a drug addict because of it
I've never done drugs
They say I look like a slut
The biggest thing that has come to me as a boyfriend is a pizza
They day I look like I dropped out of school
Kinda true. I dropped out before finishing highschool because I'm going to university.
Like why does a small metal affect the small minded people of gag
Like I don't get it xD

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• 3|1
  • I have always liked septum rings and have got used to yours - Honestly it would be more of a surprise to see you without it - I think giving your personality and your artistic leanings make the septum ring an ideal statement.
    "Don't let the bastards grind you down" - You have listed the things said about you and discounted them - Don't worry about what other people say, only care about what you think, if you are comfortable and happy that is the main thing. Without putting too fine a point on it "Fuck Them", you know your own life and have the talent to get into art school before finishing high school, let them dwell on negative things, you are too busy moving forward,

• It's culturally synonymous with bad attitude/problem child. I don't think it makes you look worse, but it certainly doesn't make you look better.

• I don't know, I like it as you know. Some people are just stupid or shallow.

• Well piercings in the past were affiliated with satanism/problem youths/punks etc. and some older people still get that idea when they see people with piercings.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with septum rings, I just think they look really stupid.

• You care too much about what other people who are irrelevant have to say. You do you, if you like it you keep it.

• Like the one in your picture? I don't think it's a big deal at all. I see girls who are very girly and listen to pop and dress in pink and sundresses all the time with septum rings on.

• I don't judge you for your nose ring, I just dislike the look a lot

• I personally think it looks ridiculous. But, that's all i think. Doesn't mean anything more. Just an ornament on a tree.

• it looks awful. and stereotypes are based on reality.

• It just looks dumb that's all.

• because it looks like a metal booger lol :P

• they look ugly to me... but w/e floats your boat

• Nah !
    I like you just the way you are :P lol
    People are stupid 😶?

• It looks trashy.

• It's cause people are dumb and ignorant.. don't let em' phase you :D.

• They just look really weird and unattractive to me. I don't know why

• They are closed minded and by trying to put you down they think it will make their life better. Forget the haters because you are better than them. Just keep on being you.

• it's just ugly.

• Lol it looks weird.

• I told you a long time go , not sure if you remember though , that you are gonna be judged, looked at in a weird way, and thought of as something bad but you argued with me that i am wrong and iam dumb and dont know what iam talking about , but there you go its not me even saying it yet you are being called all sorts of things

• I personally do not like them at all. It would be a huge turn off for me. Would never go out with a girl who had one.

That being said, it's your life and I would never tell you how to live it. No I would never judge anyone who had one. It would be no different to a girl who smoked, did drugs, drank way too much, didn't have her own job, covered in tattoos etc etc. I would simply not want to be with a girl who had a lump of metal in her nose like a bull.

This springs to mind when I see a girl with it done:
    p1.pkcdn.com/...-of-charolais-bull-ring_105420.jpg

• Wow not like I've seen that pic before
      Wow this is a first
      Wow you're so original

• I shared my honest opinion. If that is the same as everyone else's, that is not my fault.

• You did something to make yourself look different and get people's attention. Now you've got their attention and they said you look different. You didn't need to tell us; it's quite obvious that you don't get it.

• I do like looking different and this isn't about attention this is about judgement

• So what? People have the right to judge you. You may not like it and you may have some explanation for why it is morally unjustified but people have no obligation to act in a moral manner. That is part of the reality of the world. You will be judged the rest of your life and some of the judgments will be arbitrary and capricious. . . and there is not much you can do about it.

What Girls Said 6

• i don't think anything's wrong with it. unfortunately people do attach it to a number of stereotypes or attributes like u mentioned though. sorry u have to go through that.

• They look ugly and stupid to me. That's about it. I don't like facial piercings and they can make a 10 drop to a 2.
    But it's your face and you can do as you please.

• I think it looks great on you and I love septums.
    It just seems that a lot of people hate them, and I'm not sure why, especially guys.

These ones are the coolest

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...78726720b8.jpg

• I just don't like it much cause it reminds me of a cow.
    on you it is not so bad though, it fits you.
    but why do you like it?

• It's random not friends
      I only have one friend who's like that and triggers all my insecurities
      And keeps trying
      But like I said I don't break around people
      I only have once
      And that was because I had a lot of stress before exams

• so the point of all this is what now? :P
      We ve been talking back and forth about without reaching an end lol :P
      I didn't help you with shit.
      what you gonna do now?
      leave it or not and how are you gonna deal with it?

• all my friends told me i shouldn't get my septum done and my parents would kill me if they ever find out but im doing it anyway i dont care

• Babe do everything you like & everything you want haters will hate anyways.