Ugly people become attractive after college, did anyone experience this?

did anybody experience this where (if your older) you go to a school reunion or see a high school friend that was bullied for not being attractive and hot and years later theyre whole face/body etc changes to be attractive and somebody had an experience where they were get flirted on by the highschool bully and when they say who they are the bully freezes. and sometimes at school reunions the so called ugly girl is attractive and the hot girl from highschool is addicted to drugs and ugly. but did anyone experience this rather if you were the bully or the one getting bullied.
because I've heard and seen this happen before and its funny how the ugly girl is pretty and the bully is suprised and regretful of the they treated them before.
mostly from what I've seen and heard it was the guy being a bully and a jerk and a girl getting bullied by him for her looks and social status
or the hot girl bullying the unpopular ugly girl
or a ugly guy not being hot and popular enough for the popular girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's because some people don't really break out of their shell until university or sometimes even later. They don't know how to be fashionable, carry themselves with dignity.

There's also just some transitions going on in the body. Young teenagers can be kind of oddly proportioned, still growing very rapidly, teeth full of braces, and still a lot of baby fat around the face. A lot of people tend to look their best a bit later on in life, when their bodies have "stabilized" a bit.

Another thing is that the idea of attraction in high school tends to be the most superficial of them all. You might find a rather dorky and slightly chubby captain of the wrestling team being considered super hot as a result of sports, partying, just being really confident, only to find some people wondering what they saw in him later.

Later on, university and onward, people tend to be judged more on individual merit and less by cliques and things of that sort.

So i think all of these reasons kind of contribute.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in high school, and the school I go is a small school where everybody knows everybody and nobody gets bullied. But I have noticed something like this with kids. As in, people that were beautiful as babies and kids turned out to be average or below average most of the time. And the ugly kids turned out to be pretty good looking.
    If you think you can't get bullied for your looks in kindergarten, you are wrong... I was an ugly kid (I'm glad that now I'm average 😄 I have improved 😂💪) and got bullied by the whole group in kindergarten. After some years (I was 13 or 14 :-?) my biggest bully has stalked me the whole summer to be in my company. @.@

What Guys Said 7

• i have pretty much completely changed, was the little guy getting bullied for being overweight and glasses then i seem to have "puberty hit me like a truck" xD

im apparently fairly attractive now, still lost the confidence to ask someone out but apparently im better looking while the attractive people stay the same and don't mature and look masculine like i have become, it doesn't help that i have started going to the gym very often too, i would love a reunion in a few years so they can see the ugly guy be buff and wanted ;) but because i was bullied im still the nice charming me and not self obsessed and ignorant attractive people usually have ;)

• There's this girl who I chilled with a while back that looked okay back then but looks quite good now. So yeah, I've seen it happen.

• From losing ton of weight yes

• The level of attractiveness that someone else depends on who you ask. Just because someone thinks a person is good looking or not does not mean everyone else agrees

• yes a lot it happens

• It certainly happens, though not all the time.

As you go from 17 to 30, how you look becomes increasingly driven by how you behave and take care of yourself.

• you mean after highschool and yes it happened to me

What Girls Said 3

• well i know people who have completely changed as they got older but it had nothing to do with college. just something sparked within them that made them want to be the best version of themselves.

• yeah that's what I was trying to say

• well.. money can fix everything you know...

• I'd say after high school, not college. It's like as soon as people get out of high school and move on to college and the real world... most of them cleaned up pretty quick. There are a few guys from high school I'm still friends with on facebook, back when I knew them they weren't attractive at all, didn't take care of themselves... but now a few of them look incredibly handsome, it's almost like they're entirely new people.