Could I be a model even if I'm ugly?

Hear me out.

My chin is really receded from mouth-breathing as a kid. My nose is piglike, my jawline and cheekbones aren't visible, and I'm only 5'5. There is 0 visible demand for anyone who looks like me.

HOWEVER. I truly do want this. I am willing to work hard and sacrifice other parts of my life to become a model. Even as an objectively ugly human being, could I somehow make it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea, you can only apply and hope

Most Helpful Girl

• Wanting something won't matter, especially in the modelling industry. They want tall, skinny and bland, so they can make the model look however they want. You can certainly try, and if you want an accurate opinion, ask someone who works in the industry if you honestly have chance.

• I realize that wanting something has no bearing on how marketable I am, of course. It's more of a shorthand that this is not a 5-minute aspiration, that I'll do what I need to the second I have any opportunity. Thank you for the advice!

What Guys Said 4

• this sounds mean but there are ways you can model without showing you're face, if you have a nice body

• no idea without picture

• why did you not post a pic of yourself? how are we to know without seeing you?

• Nope, it's like a 5'6 fat Asian guy wanting to make it in the NFL OR NBA

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sorry to tell you this, but the modelling industry is ruthless. they will examine every inch of your body like you're a bug under a microscope and align u against a criteria. based on what you tell us, you are even lacking in confidence and I'm not sure your features would be what they're looking for.
    hard work can get people far, yes... but the model insdustry is next level. it's okay to be a normal girl hun <3 i dont mean to crush your hopes but i want to keep my advice honest for you.

• Not all models are pretty, some models are considerably ugly but thats what makes them stand out more. Besides i hate opening up magazines to see the same blond/brunette model with the same great body, doing the same generic poses but thats just me. We need variety, and talent... Stay fierce. RAWRRR😂

• not a chance. I'm 5'6 pretty and 108 lbs and they tell me I was too short and too fat even if my face was beautiful they cannot take me or this reasons