Do you TRULY love your appearance?

I can stand before every one and truly say that I do.
Trying to "be" everyones type or fall into an acceptable bracket of what is considered
racially beautiful, is impossible.
Beauty is a persons expectation of what they want you to be.
Failing to meet this expectations leaves you in a world where you are deemed unattractive.
Who says you have to meet the line which others set for you?
Instead set one for yourself, and love every inch of you.

I encourage those who don't love themselves, to come to terms with their appearance.
We all have flaws (some more visible than others)
You've got to be in your body for the rest of your life.
So why not start now?

http://www. girlsaskguys. com/social-relationships/a24872-you-are-unattractive-because-society-says-you-are

• I Love My Appearance!
  • I Hate My Appearance!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are what you are. If you don't love yourself for who you are. Who else will? I'm happy with my appearance but that shouldn't mean I shouldn't work on myself. There's always room for improvement.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think love and hate are two extremes that need a middle answer option. Neither really apply to me. I certainly don't hate my body, but I think everyone has one or two things that they want to work on or that they don't particularly enjoy. However, this is the body that I was given, and I remind myself of all the amazing things it does and how amazing it truly is :)

What Guys Said 26

• Its the only one I have. I try to make the best out of it. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I am a believer that everyone is beautiful (or at least acceptable) to someone.

Like you said, you cannot please everyone. You just have to find that one person who looks at you the same way this dog looks at cupcakes.
    cuteimages.net/.../...allpaper-cuteimages.net.jpeg

• Mmm. Beauty is standardized. The general concept is based on how the majority perceives beauty. More than that, scientifically, humans are attracted to facial symmetry, meaning that attractiveness and unattractiveness could be scientifically measured.

Don't delude yourself. You don't have to love how you look. And like anything else, if there's something you don't like about yourself, you either must accept it or endeavor to change it. Not delude yourself or try to convince other people you're attractive.

You just have to not give a fuck. Just do what I do "Well I'm not pretty, and I'm not cool; but I'm FAT and I'm UGLY and PROUD so FUCK you."

• I'll never love my looks. Ya, I'm happy with it but no.. I can never love my appearance.
    It's not about being beautiful or ugly but being treated like an alien around human beings.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9865-i-won-the-race-from-racism

• I don't think you need to love your appearance to be able to love yourself. I think that is only necessary is you somehow connect your value as a human being with the way you look.

Even if you would consider your appearance to be "ugly" I think it's still possible to love what is inside, and there's where the love counts and your value is. I think it can be healthy to be honest and say "I look like shit, but that's okay!"

I think this is similar to appreciating a book. You can still read and love the book even of the cover looks like crap and I don't see a reason why you would need to change the way you look at the cover of the book, because it's not there its value is located.

No need to hate, no need to love, just accept things they way they are.

• I think you took my words too literally

You can love your internal characteristics and hate your appearance. Whether we want to admit it or not your exterior affects you in every aspect of your life. If you are a black man growing up in a white neighborhood, you will most likely be exposed to racism and hate the skin you are in.
      If you are fairly unattractive dating will be hard. If you are in school most likely you were teased.
      Loving your appearance means gaining acceptance with it. Thats the message I was sending out.

Love yourself can be used in any context, to speak about appearance or inner self.

But loving yourself either way of course is possible

• There's only one answer that I can give you to this question.. I do.
    And I'd like to think that I encourage everyone else to believe the same
    about their own selves.

I love seeing people being confident
    Confidence makes people shine, like nothing else. ^.^

• I do genuinely like my appearance. Although I do intimidate some people with my complexion (i'm a dark skinned black guy) and stature (i'm a endo-meso body type so im simultaneously pudgy and muscly by nature so literally nothing on my body is small)... I like my complexion / size / cutesy face combo. 👌

• Vote 'A' I love my appearance but I'd prefer getting it to where I want it to be :D

• Usually I do, fitness freaks like me tend to be obsessively critical and never content, but with that aside, yes I am very pleased with my body, style, and appearance.

• im not bound by scoeity, but i wouldn't even hit that *points at me*

• I Love My Appearance!

• im a bit short, which bugs me, but I weigh 80kg and bench a 100kg, deadlift 120kg, got big abs and v lines and got this awesome, horror themed tattoo on my entire left forearm. I'm probably the best looking version of myself ever. Means fucking dick though in attraction. Would rather be a chubby douche than a ripped nice guy when it comes to dating. Nice guy trumps physicality in female repellant.

• I love my appearance, sure i got a big nose and my skin is super sensitive and i can't grow facial hair for shit lol. But THIS is me and im fine with who i am, you will never be someone else and if no one likes me for me then they can go fuck themselves :)

• well my face is okay nothing amazing
    I hate my teeth but I got braces so its getting fixed
    decent body but its getting better I miss my six pack :( ohhh when I was young
    and im over 6 feet tall

so in a girls perspective im okay plus my females friends have told me in not ugly so that helps :)

• As with @consultantisback , I'm pleased with my body. I wouldn't necessarily love it though.

• No I don't, on a good day I think I look alright but that's not very often. But I've just come to terms with it and don't expect myself to look any good.

• Is there an in between? It depends on my mood. Some days I'm dancing seductively in the mirror before I shower and others I'm looking at my belly asking why the hell I ate so many damn Doritos.

• Meh... it is okay! I get by.

• If i could only get rid of my acne scars then everything else would be totally fine. But i am cool with them rn. Like, i can still get attention from girls. BUt i am planning to get rid of them by surgical means.

• No, I can't even look in the mirror...

It's nothing to do with appearance... I'm the most selfish piece of shit in the world...

• I don't know what to think...

• Due to bullying when I was younger, today I am still unable to be satisfied with what I look like.

• Yeah, I'm a 9.5/10

• I am tall, jacked, athletic

Hell yea I do

• Could be worse, I'll take what I can get :D

• Yes nothing wrong with what i look like.

• I don't like.

What Girls Said 30

• Hate my appearance, I've been told countless times I'm ugly, that I now believe it and it wouldn't matter a jot if someone tried to tell me different, can't get lower than ugly because I know if anyone tries to boost my confidence there are at least 10 kicking it back out of me. I do hate my appearance but I accept it is who I am.

• I don't hate my appearance but i'm slowly starting to appreciate it at ALL times, sure we have those bad days but I've accepted myself a long time ago and only continue to improve.

• I can't answer your poll...

While I do not love my appearance..

I wouldn't say I hate it either.

• ah well yeah i guess. it's a process.

• From the age of 6, I realized I never had physical beauty. After several years struggling with the fact, I've largely come to terms with it. Because hey, it could be worse. Acceptance would've come much sooner if people did not care so much what my face looked liked by what their actions say. So, I like myself enough, but I'll never love my looks.

• Okay... just saying here it is so much easier to tell people to come to terms with their appearance than to actually come to terms with your appearance... Trust me I've been trying for 17 almost 18 years and I haven't gotten there yet.

• here= that

• @thomasjjeffy Well thank you. That's very nice. :)

• I definitely know it doesn't happen over night, I also have someone encouraging me. I can definitely say I am no where as bad as I used to be and occasionally I can like my appearance compared to hours spent crying in the mirror but I still am not close to liking myself. And ya maybe, we'll see.

• Not at all, but i'm getting better at liking it. I used to hate it at all times, but now I love it when i'm wearing makeup and nice clothing. I can be okay with it sometimes when i'm not wearing makeup, but it's a lot harder. Whatever the case i'm still making progress :)

• Eh, I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I know I'm too critical of my appearance, though.

• I like my style. But my face I am not as happy with it, it has to many flaws that I dislike currently.
    Also I am not a fan of my body, I am to short and I don't like my body shape either.
    So I don't really hate it as much as I used to but I still don't live my appearance

• i hate my appearance

• I don't think I look perfect, but I love how I look. I love my face, for starters, and I think I have great boobs. I know I need to muscle my stomach up and probably my ass too. But otherwise, I don't mind the way that I am, and I don't think it matters if people like me too or not.

• I'm more on the love side than the hate side. Some things I wish I could change about myself, I don't find myself perfect, but I'm happy

• I love it sometimes, hate it others. I'm getting better though :)
    My self esteem is improving definitely.

• I didn't vote. I don't love or hate my appearance.

• Sometimes I feel I look like utter crap, and its a big oh well. I just suck it up because it usually means I'm headed out to adult and take care of things. Some days I'm pretty happy with myself.

• I neither love nor hate ny appearance. I'm objectively pretty but also flawed and def not everyones type (which I'm okay with). Still there are things I wanna change for ME..

• Meh.

• I am fucking beautiful!

Jk, I'm alright though, ain't complaining.

• well I ain t perfect but I ain t bad
    ^^

• No I'm insecure

• No I'm ugly

• Yes I do, most of the time

• I don't. But I'm trying to accept my flaws, only because I have to.

• Yep I do

• I hate myself.

• i can be pretty insecure some days about my looks.

• i love my appearance, im good at getting a man if i want him plus i think im hot.

• I swear, I really hate how I look. I always feel hideous compared to every girl.

• I'm somewhere in the middle. This is what I was given, so I just try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a fit body. My face isn't too bad, it's slightly asymmetrical but otherwise it's considered to have pleasing features.

• I used to really care what people thought about my appearance, but now I truly like what I see when I look in the mirror. I think it also has a lot to do with inner beauty :) I used to be very depressed and in a dark place, but when I was able to find a way to shine and be happy again I became more beautiful :) I really believe that confidence and happiness have a way of transforming a person's face into gorgeousness!! <3 For anyone who's reading this, find what makes you truly happy and passionate and you will be more beautiful than ever