I'm a 16 year old girl who just got braces. I feel so akaward to be so old and have them. Am I ugly?

621

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not ugly. You are just late according to our standards here in the US. But like the old saying goes. better late than never right? Once you remove them your smile will be upgraded and you will look better.

In other parts of the world, like Brazil where I'm from, women get braces as late as their 20's and even 30's and many actually think it looks cool.
    Brazil is considered to be a country that produces the most beautiful women on earth too so you'll be fine. Don't worry about it and remember they are temporary. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You're still a teen and still in high school perfectly normal :)

What Guys Said 20

• I got my braces at 19 and I had them until 21. They didn't prevent me from getting a girlfriend and my social interactions were not affected. I think you're going to be fine. Just think about how beautiful your teeth will look once you get your braces off!

• Don't worry. It's cute 😊
    https://imgflip.com/i/y0mao

• OMG I LOVE BRACES! I think braces are adorable!!!

Not sure if i'm the only one like this, but i like braces more than a necklace on girls.
    hahaha

• So what? Nothing bad about braces. If they help you in the future then you made the right choice.

• I had braces from ages 14-17. Honestly, teenagers with braces aren't all that uncommon, so don't worry. And I generally think braces look cute and I'm sure most guys your age do as well.

• You feel old by having braces? That's weird! No, you are not ugly. I've seen a few people with braces in their 40s.

• LOL, no, several of the cheerleaders at my HS had braces, and they were hot. Hotness is based on your body and face, not the fact that you have corrective braces to straighten your teeth.

• i am 19 and I've had braces for over 3 years now , and people dont even notice them they get used to it after maybe 2 or 3 days tbh and I've always been out with girls n stuff so it shouldn't effect anythng lol and remember its for ur own good like mines are about to come off in a few months now and people actually say i have a celeb smile even whith my braces on imagine when they are off lol x

• You are not old for braces. I have seen women in their 40s have them

• I have a friend who's in her 30s who just had braces.

• braces can look very cute on girls. my last crush had braces and she's 23yo. don't worry about it :)

• Yeah our teeth are going to jail for all those sweets you had bwahahah

• My best friend got his braces taken off when he was 19. No need to worry.

• nah it's fine. feel luck rather b/c your parents had the money to do it.

• im 25 and just got them so trust me your good

• No. I had them and no one even noticed. I dont think less. of someone with braces.

• Nah not ugly, I had mine for 10 crazy years during my public school days.

• Nonsense I think girls with braces are cute

• You're beautiful for who you are

• Be thankful you didn't need to get metal ones as a kid. It's worth putting up with to get a great smile you can be proud to show off when you get them taken off.

What Girls Said 5

• braces doesn't define your beauty, I had a friend who got braces at your age. she was cryingggg but now her teeth are gorgeous as she is. all thanks to those metal things, trust me you'll love your teeth three years from now 👍🏻 😊

• If it makes you feel better I need them but have to wait until I'm 17

• im 18 and i have braces, and i still got 2 years to go with them. its not ugly. i personally think i look cuter with braces

• I know girl in college with braces. ur not that old. ur wrking on improving urself. good 4 u!

• lol i'm 15 and i'm getting braces soon. I hope it's not for long. anyway braces does not equal ugly.