How much do I have to weigh to become a model?

I am currently 5'10 and I weigh 63 kg. A friend of mine said you have to have 29 inche waist and 32-34 inche hip (I have a 30 inche waist and my hips are 32.) Is this correct? And do I have to loose weight? I play volleyball and a lot of my weight is muscle.

• You need to loose weight.
  • You're fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have that "skinny" natural frame (i. e. Cara Delevingne) you will probably need to get *a bit* underweight. Do you know many muscular fashion models? I know a couple of pretty athletic women who would have to starve half a year to fit in fashion clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think for your height you're perfectly fine, it's just important to make sure your diet is healthy and perhaps go to an agency, they can give you advice on what they're looking for, but don't let it change you.

What Guys Said 2

• Not necessarily weight it is more of a height to weight ratio. Usually they don't want a ton of muscle though if you are a woman. What kind of modeling though?

• the modeling industry is a joke and needs to show more of a height range, different body types, sizes etc.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on what type of model.
    You could be a model, but for runway stuff, you need a unique/pretty face, and skinner (which i really dont recommend)

• I think that you're slim enough that way.
    But i thought that models needed a slimmer waist.
    😅😅