Am I fucked up for the rest of my life?

So I'm currently 15 and around 4'9-4'10. I am constantly being ridiculed both in school and by my relatives. It's just so unnatural that I'm like 2 inches shorter than my mother. I'm also the shortest in class. I'm not a late bloomer or anything because I got my periods when I was in 5th grade and am grown in every sense (wide hips, boobs, butt etc etc) My father is 174-175 cm and my mom is 152-153 cm and my brother is pretty tall too. WHY AM I LIKE THIS!!
do you think I'd reach 5'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being short is not the same thing as being f*ked up. I've been through a lot of crap throughout my life, and there are mental scars there from it. I was also told as a small child by the doctor that I was destined to be 6 feet tall exactly. I reached 5'7-1/4" (5'8" with shoes on), and then... stopped. Others were all like: "What happened? You never reached your potential!"

However, my grade school years consisted of battling:
    -bullies,
    -stress,
    -bad teachers,
    -sinus infections,
    -chicken pox,
    -overcoming throat surgery (tonsillectomy),
    -pneumonia,
    -some supernatural encounters (deny all you want, I was there!),
    -bad diet due to parents having financial hardships and buying cheap crap at the store,
    -allergies,
    -attempts on my life by crazies in the neighborhood,
    -stomach flu (a perennial pest, nearly always around Christmas),
    -ear infections,
    -colds,
    -ribcage flu,
    -social anxiety,
    -family infighting,
    - bad grades every so often due to the above factors,
    -weight gain brought on by the above factors,
    -etc.

And then high school happened. So yeah. A hard childhood robbed me of five inches of my "potential." But I can still point to all those things I overcame.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aren't they just teasing you in a friendly way?
    I have a classmate who's also 4'10" and my deskmate who's 5'5" calls her "little" (like he isn't short 😂), and I'm pointing out to him that he is also short. 😂
    Or my mom is pointing out every 2nd day how small my eyes are (you know how big eyes are seen as beautiful and small as ugly) but she isn't trying to make me feel insecure about my eyes, she just notices it (it's in the morning when I'm not wearing my glasses).
    The idea is that they are just joking or noticing it, not trying to make fun of you. 😊

What Guys Said 37

• I know it's hard at your age, but try not to worry about it. There are so many benefits to being a short girl and it's waaaaaay better than being a short guy or an extremely tall girl. I doubt you'll make it to 5 feet and you're going to get comments about your height your entire life, so the best thing to do is just embrace it :)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7a11e594d4.jpg

• Lol thank you :'(

• Holy crap those r awesome perks! Lol I particularly liked the leg room lol at 6' that's a bit scarce at times lol

• Wow @BertMacklinFBI says it perfectly. No matter what they'll find something to bug u about. The key is to not let it bother u, that's when they lose interest and quit it. And the way to not care about what they say is just as Bert says. Own ur body! Short woman generally look really good! A good percentage of men look specifically for short girls. Wait a couple years and they'll be all over u. All u need to do is stay healthy, ur body will grow as tall as its supposed to and u'll look amazing! Just like I'm sure u do already! And if u'll grow to 5'? It doesn't matter! But it's easily possible. I had my last growth spurt around 18 I think. Remember, own ur body! If others try to tear u down, just let it roll off. Their opinions don't matter any more than the bird shit that hopefully falls on their heads

• Oh and no I would definitely say u r not f***ed for life lol and ur mom and dad r not tall. I'm 185cm ish which is like a quarter inch less than 6' and I'm not even tall lol

• thank youu <3

• Ur welcome! ! I hope u come to realize how beautiful u really r! Feel free to message me anytime if u ever wanna chat

• don't put so much emphasis on something you can't control in life. thats a bad habit to practice.

• What can I do when I am constantly being FORCED to give importance to it when I try not to!!

• if they didn't talk shit about your height they would find something else about you to insult. the insults don't stop, they only change. you can't let the opinion of others bring you down, its just their fucking opinion. they're not judge, jury, and executioner. its understandable for you to feel insecure, but you also gotta realize you allow yourself to be insecure about it. its your body, own it, be proud that its your because everything about your body is essentially what makes you unique, and no one else can have it. own it, ITS YOURS.

• Thank you!!

• Actually, although you are around the age that MOST girls stop growing, it is actually possible for you to grow until around the age of 18. I'm not saying it will happen, but it is possible. Maintain a healthy diet to make it more likely.

Either way, you're height is but one factor about you. And it's not a very important one. Guys (if that's what you're worried about) care much more about how traits than height. In fact, although I'm 5'10, both of the girls that I was most attracted to in high school was much shorter than I was. One of them (the one that I was most attracted to) even had a nickname based on how short she was but I didn't care.

• how short was she

• Very short. Her nickname was midget (followed by her last name since sort of rhythmed), but I didn't care. Her personality was what I really liked.

• Your height is HOT ;)

• Hmm... Oh my... short girls are cute. Unless you look like terminator the third then a lot of guys will find you cute.

The shorty trait probably comes from your mom. 150cm is about right for 5'.

• You're not Fk'd at all. The key is to embrace who you are. My favorite economy-sized person ever was an EMT who worked alongside huge firemen. Her size and her guts allowed her to enter overturned cars through broken car windows and cut victims from their seat belts and drag them out. She'd make her way through other tight spaces like storm sewers and pet doors to perform rescue work. I admire and love her to this day.
    Now go and be yourself.

• Your height really doesn't matter. Actually its a cute size to be. Yes, you will get jokes on your behalf, but learn to laugh about it. My ex was 4'10 as well and it never was an issue.

• You're only 15, you still have time to grow.
    Go see a doctor, he might be able to give you HGH to help you grow taller.

Either way, there's guys that love short girls, so you'll be fine.

• it's more of deal for guys, most women won't date guys who are shorter than them, but we really don't care, especially since you said you have wide hips, nice boobs, and butt.

• Yes you height will grow till you are around 18... Do don't worry..

I know this won't help much but try to do some height increasing exercises... Till you are 18..

Maybe you will grow more than you are expected

• First off they're most likely playfully teasing you, not ridiculing you. People usually get 2-3 growth spurts. The best way to tell if your due for another would be to remember if when you were a little kid if you were relatively short or tall. If someone was short as a kid, they'll most likely be a tall adult. If someone was tall as a kid, they'll most likely not grow much more. Either way people don't really care about others heights

• ohhhhhhh short girls? <3 call me ! hehehe

Don't worry, short girls are the best ~ ! !

• and if you are 14, you should still grow, maybe play some jumping sports, will help a bit too :)

• thank youu

• There are those that ridicule everyone for something, remember no one is perfect.

Then there are those that will love the fact that you are short.

• No , shorter girls are more attractive

• You can still grow, get enough nutritions, exercise, and get enough sleep.

• I agree with Bert

• There's a lot of guys out there (myself included) who prefer short girls to tall ones.

And you're still 15. It's going to be OK. Don't worry. ;)

• I don't think you're fucked up I'm only 5'4" for a guy and I don't think anyone cares all my friend are 6 foot+ and I've got a girlfriend who's only 5'1"

• You are much better off being < 5 ft as a girl than you would be as a guy. So look at the bright side.

• you shouldn't care too much about it... sure you can still reach 5', but if not it's fine too. nothing wrong with being on the shorter side :)

• You're a good height for me. I'm literally 5'4/5.
    So you'd legit be the perfect height for me 😂

• My wife is 4 feet 11 inches, I am 6 feet tall and we have been married for 27 years. Beautiful things come in small packages.

• Im Asian and i went to a white school that was full or racists.
    I survived, even tho with a suspension from breaking a kids nose that let everyone know not to fuck with me.
    Just that ridicule to better yourself and show them up.

• Make yourself big in heart and compassion, height doesn't mean anything, its the person who you become, how you love and what you bring to this world. Do good, desire justice and love thy neighbor.

• Well sometimes people can be short too.. I know some people... even their parent's tall they r really short.. Well honestly, girls not grow up so much after 15 yo.. But dont loose ur hope ya..

• Don't worry about your size.

• it's okay to be short.. I'm turning 18 next month and I'm 5'3 and I'm okay with that although girls don't like short guys. just accept it and don't care about it.

• You can reach 5 with some dedicated effort from your side.

• Everyone has something about themselves they don't like you should keep your chin up and accept it as the way you are.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 16

• I'd say no you aren't fucked up for the rest of your life. I'm 13 and 5'1", not far from you and its normal for immature teens to make fun of you for your height. My mom is around your height and she got married and got kids (obviously) so your height doesn't matter. If people don't accept you for who you are and for your height then you should ditch those motherfuckers. Don't waste your time with them.

• embrace your height.. cuz this is something you cannot do anything about.. being stressed over this is useless.. just be your awesome self.. :)

• Don't put yourself down for that , Thats something you have no control of. I'm the shortest in my family too , I'm 19 and 4'10 . I'm like 2 inches shorter than my mom , and I feel it , some people including relatives make fun of it , but honestly I think it's a good thing , most guys like short girls. And people always call you cute lol. Just look at the positives.
    Also whenever I'm like in line or in a crowded place and want to get to the front since I'm tiny it's easy to cut people

• I'm around the same height as you and there's times that it really bothers me as well... but I can't say it's *really* affected me when it comes to meeting guys / friends / with work etc.

Like I said I do hate it sometimes but there's nothing you can do about it. I'd say find what clothes you feel that extra bit confident in and maybe buy some heels - nothing crazy but even just 2 / 3 inch heels will maybe make you feel a bit better.

(hugs) I know it does suck tbf.

• Aww thank you :'(

• Thank you!!
      I know.. highschool sucks

• I was homeschooled but I already had so many negative thoughts about my height that if I'd been at school, don't know how I'd have managed to deal with the comments!
      You'll be fine :)

• Everybody is different you may continue to grow in height, or you may not it's all in genetics. I stopped growing when I was 15 and I'm 5'1". I love being short and would never dream of being taller. So embrace it, enjoy it, and just be yourself and proud of yourself. Best of luck girl.

• I'm only 4'11 forget what people say. Like yourself. Besides short people tend to live longer and have less health problems. Except for Pygmy and short and fat people

• My ex step mom in only 4ft and 11" And it is very funny. You humor us in a good way. And by us I mean normal sized humans

• I don't really get why height is such a problem. I mean it's not like you can decide how tall you are going to be, everybody knows. I'm 5/5'1ish and I do get some (playful) comments on my height sometimes but I don't really care anymore. If you can accept your height and appear to be confident people won't even pay attention to it.

• 175 cm isn't tall xD and your mama is teeny so you were bound to be short. Its okay tho. I'm almost 6ft. There are pros and cons being up here just like there are being down there:)

• My mom is about 2 inches taller than I am too! I've just accepted it! It's weird but I don't know it's just how our bodies work

• I grew until I was 18 :)

• I am 20 and 4"8. You still have time to grow

• I am 5'0". I would say you will grow a little more maybe a lot more.

• how much more do u think

• Getting your period early usually stops growth. I'm 4 inches short than my mom and 9 inches shorter than my dad. The same happened to me lol it's just life.

• Your totally fine. Im around your age and I'm 4ft 11in lol. My cousin is 23yrs and 4ft 10in and she's stick skinny, married, and has the cutest baby boy!

• I have a friend that's 4'10", too. In school, some people picked on her as well. She doesn't let it get to her, she is actually quite confident and met an amazing guy. She's really happy.

Just don't worry that some people try to bring your self esteem down. Be happy being you and focus on the positives.

• Thank you!! :'(

• Sure!
      If you are positive, you'll hopefully attract positive people. Ignore the negative people, they aren't worth your time. :)