Are cuts from self harm a huge turn off?

i. imgur. com/Va6gwnS. jpg
i. imgur. com/VjiwCWG. jpg
remove the spaces

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the scars that are the problem, but what they might say about you.

If there's a turn-off, it's the mental and emotional stability associated, which might be some red flags.

That said, you can counter that by being cheerful, easy-going, etc., explaining to any guys who become intimate that this is a thing of the past.

It would really help if you get some professional help to battle these issues. The red flags would be your brain, not your body.

Most Helpful Girl

• No not at all it shows me how much a person has gone through and how strong they are. Sure I wish people wouldn't harm themselves but scars don't make you any less beautiful or handsome

• thank you! ☺️

• No, they do not show how much a person has gone through. Many people suffer through terrible problems, many life-threatening, without self harming. And they are the strong ones, not the ones who cut themselves.

Scars from other things do not necessarily detract, but scars you inflict on yourself show that you have internal, mental issues that you are not strong enough to deal with appropriately.

• @Red_Arrow I'm saying if you made it through that time when you were self harming and they are now all healed scars then you're fuxking strong. Sorry if you don't agree but I think anyone who goes through that shet is strong as Fuxk

What Guys Said 29

• They aren't desirable, but they aren't instantly hideous either. Most people have scars of some type on their body. The bigger issue is that it speaks volumes about the girls mental issues, as oppose to it being a matter of physical attraction. If the guy doesn't know they are self inflicted the scars wouldn't be as big of a deal.

• Lol a turn off is putting it nicely
    yeah

• Absolutely, if they think cutting them self is an ideal way to deal with things they're crazy and most likely dangerous to them self and to me. If they can't handle life without trying to hurt their body, they're not mature enough, unless they are very different from when they cut, for any sort of relationship.

• Each scar on your body tells an individual story of how you were in such emotional distress, the only relief you could find was to harm yourself. Now that you no longer self harm, wear those scars with pride and use them to tell your story.
    Any man worth his salt isn't going to find those scars a turn off. He's going to look at those scars and say to himself "This girl has been to hell and back. Now it's up to me to take her to heaven."

• yes. stop it

• yes. dont do it

• Yeah, people don't necessarily like mental instability. And these scars can possibly stay with you, your entire life. Only a very few amount of guys would find scars attractive or not a turn off.

• Not to me, not at all. Just don't cut again

• A few scars are cool, And you are a real looker!

But really, Stop doing that :(

• We all have scars, emotionally and physically. It reminds us of previous mistakes we made in the past; as long as you learned from it; most people should understand

• As long as self-harm doesn't continue, it's not really a turn off.

• Huge turn off. Not because it's ugly, but because it's a sign of poor mental health.

• Honestly, yes it is

• No it's not, but you really need to stop

• Yeah but dont worry about it. Just get better and cover them up when it public.

• You're to beautiful to do that to yourself...
    Don't do that
    And it can be a turn on because we know how emotional you could get

• No, you just need love as respect :/
    Please, don't do more cuts...

• Definitely.

• Yes, they are a huge turn off, why are you self harming?

• Well, yeah, That tells me that she doesn't love herself

• biggest turn off out there

• No. As long as she no longer does it

• Eh not a turn off but i dont think some guys would like it
    just find a guy to bite your wrist or something while you're cuddling
    not hard though

• no , but it's something that would make me worry seance i use to be like that myself

• Pleaseeeeeee don't do that. You're a beautiful girl. Love yourself for who you are. Don't harm yourself

• Yes, its a major turn off if she still does it.

• I have a huge dick

• I wouldn't say that they are a turnoff but they really aren't atractive either, if they are from the past and whoever doesn't cut anymore i wouldn't mind them..

• Yes.

What Girls Said 5

• For me they wouldn't be, I can't judge because I have scars as well.
    Yours aren't even that noticeable, mine are very noticeable

• I would say no! I think it's honorable when someone is able to admit that they are going through a hard time and they are getting help!

• Yes, they are.

• Lots of people have scars, but you need to get in a good place before trying to date anyone, dear. I cut from 13-28 ... at a time before it was even a thing people knew about and one of my biggest wishes was that I'd sought help sooner. Nobody knew - I got straight A's, played sports, had friends and dated some, etc... But inside I was miserable. My mental health kept me from achieving all that I could and anxiety and depression ended up getting worse and worse. You deserve better than that - to live a whole and fulfilling life!

This website is old, but has lots of good info:
    http://buslist.org/injury.html

Try to see a professional therapist.

Much love!

• No, not at all