In your opinion why so many people are insecure about themselves?

not only insecure about how they look but also insecure about doing new things, are you like this if yes why? I am but I am trying to overcome this. *Please elaborate your anwers this is for a projet about why people feel insecure*

Most Helpful Guy

• i have no friends. no girlfriend. no job. no diploma. i produce nothing. what do i have to be confident about? i'm one of the least confident on planet earth and foor good reasons.

• if you feel like a job or a diploma are important to the way you see yourself you should study something and maybe like this you will see yourself like an important person and more confident

• I am sorry but you gotta keep in mind that if you don't do anything to change it it never will, so find something that make you happy and hold on to it

• yeah whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think society and what's portrayed in the media has a big part to do with it. The sad reality is that not too many people look like those that are constantly on our televisions, phone screens and media in general. Nobody matter how hard we try. I'll be completely honest and say that most of my insecurities come from wanting to look a certain way and knowing that the chances of lookng that way are slim to none. The other part of it is constantly being inside my head and overthinking.

I personally have issues with change. I'm all about routine. And I get anxious when that routine is broken. I'm trying to be more open to trying new things because I feel like fearing change only holds me back.

What Guys Said 14

• Because there are many reference points that skew our perception of adequacy.

It's our own fault, really. Marketers know for example, that women don't buy brands featuring ordinary looking female models with a practical sense of style. They want Victoria's Secret and Gucci because women want to identify as skinny teen bodies with high status.

Same with men and penis size and muscular atrophy.

• Everyone has flaws, and insecurity is natural because people don't like others judging them. They don't like risking looking bad or being humiliated publically. Thus, public speaking is one of the scariest things people want to avoid doing.

• society has this standard

most people don't meet that standard

• i applaud the ones who give society the middle finger and make a difference in the world

• They feel insecure IMHO because they're always comparing themselves to others...

• Because we are all a little bit to different and people perceive everyone differently too. We generally want to be the most "universally acceptable" version of ourselves so that most people will find us, umm, acceptable but in the process people get insecure or lose their individuality.

• The media and social conditioning. We tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard than we do other people.

• Lots of people attack others,
    Media and society influences us to compare ourselves against others,

• People are afraid what others think of them. I personally don't give free fucks for what people think of me.

• I think so many people are insecure about themselves and many other things because of their past. period

• The place to high a value on what other people think.

• They're been emotionally beaten down

• Even I feel but if u ask me why... even I don't know if I would know then definitely I would overcome

• It's mostly due to bad parenting.

• Media and society... it's ridiculous

What Girls Said 7

• because other people exist, and comparing yourself to them happens to almost everyone.

• Um.

Probably because a lot of times the media is telling you what is perfect, and a lot of times you find that you don't meet up to those standards so you feel less then you are, or you feel insecure.

Also, people around us can influence that too, like if you're always picked on for an imperfection that you have.

Yeah.

• We see ourselves As unattractive when we look in the mirror. Not gonna lie I find myself unattractive but I've learned that I don't see what other people see when you look in the mirror at yourself you're rarely smiling right? So I tried to smile to see if that helped and I seen myself a little more attractive. So basically I think we are so insecure Becuz we don't see what others see in us. We don't see ourselves laugh, smile, sleep, etc.

• They are still at the age of being a spoilt brat.

• It has a lot to do with standards that society sets for us.

It also has to do w the way we were raised. If our family doesn't instill confidence in us as a child, it is hard to gain confidence as an adult.

• Well im insecure because of things thats been said to me and always comapring myself to others

• I'm insecure about everything. I don't think insecurity would ever stop for me either. I'm insecure about my legs, eyes, since, arms, waist, toes, nails, hands, if I'm pretty enough, eyebrows, hair, my clothes, if I'm right or wrong, if I'm good enough at a certain thing, if I look stupid, and pretty much everything. It really sucks.