Is back acne a turn-off?

So, I have quite a few friends who have back acne, and they all feel super self-conscious about it and they think that it makes them unattractive, and that all people will be totally turned off by it. They cover their skin and they hate swimming because then it's super visible when they are in a bathing suit. I was wondering, is it a turn-off? Or not? Do people typically notice it?
And I know I put this under 'How Do I Look', but that'sonly because I'm not quite sure what else it could go under. I apologize if I got the context wrong!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on severity and the guy, but overall I think it is not likely a major deal breaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have back acne as well and seriously I couldn't even wear tanktops because of it. It cleared up as soon as I cut out dairy and processed food from my diet. Back acne is not nearly as bad as face acne though (and less noticeable). I doubt a guy would care if he really likes you. Also, it's a lot easier to cover up, especially if you have long hair.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes kinda a turn off if its lot

• tell your friends to wash their back with head and shoulder shampoo. My friend did it once and his pimples where gone.

• Sweet, thanks! I'll be sure to do that! (Tell them, I mean haha)

• I don't really think so, not to me anyways.

• Everybody gets zits

• I don't mind it as long as a her back hair covers it up

• Yes it is and if anybody tells you difrent than they are lying to make you feel better about it.

What Girls Said 6

• I've had it as long as I can remember and while it's by no means attractive, most guys are able to easily look past it.

• There's a difference between acne caused by just being a human and there acne from poor hygiene. You can tell the difference and if hygiene its the problem is a turn off if not, it happens to everyone tell them to invest in a sponge with a stick so when they wash their back they can really clean it

• Like most things: it's only noticeable if you make it. If you go out of your way to cover something it draws attention to it. Kind of works in the opposite way. Like you much makeup and bad acne or too much cologne and no deodorant. Lol.

I don't like back acne. But then again I'm a chick and I want my entire body to be pimpleless. But if a guy had it I wouldn't mind that much unless as I said before.. if it bothered him that much.

• It is a huge turn off, you can try to be in denial about that and i know guys on here will say it's not even noticeable, but it is.

• It can be if it's like bee hives amount, but I have a feeling it's just a normal amount that teens get

• I mean, No one dreams of having someone with acene all over their backs, but I wouldn't stop dating someone or stop talking to them if they had it. It's not a big deal.