Why do most people call average white hurl "pretty" but average black girl "average"?

Why do most people call average white hurl

White girl*
I mean people are thinking like average White girls are pretty in general but average Balck girls are just average or below average in

Most Helpful Guy

• 0|1
    • But Asian girl too though. Average Asian girls are average

• lol thanks :D

• it has to do with a lot of things
      think about how society views black people
      lazy, drug addicts, etc the list goes on,
      when people see black people they automatically assume something bad even if they did nothing wrong

What Guys Said 15

• Those faces all look pretty to me, but this kind of stuff is all subjective. There's always some bias in guys who judge these things (me included), and even with society in general -- they're not judging based on canon but simply based on what they like, which then gets influenced by society.

It's like what type of people mostly dominate fashion magazines, television, film, etc? That tends to be what shapes all most of our ideas of attractiveness, unfortunately, beyond more universal aesthetics like good health (those tend to prevail in every culture).

I'm kind of all over the map with faces I consider attractive since I studied figure drawing and portraiture for a while. It expanded the range of people I found attractive, or at least good-looking (I can find a woman very good-looking without quite being attracted to her, slightly different type from what I prefer but lovely nonetheless).

• Who's your favorite out of those girls?

• Kind of been to all sorts of places in the world though, had to travel all the time. So I kind of fell in love with the canon of various cultures, find a wide range of women very attractive. I think the Ethiopian woman most catches my eye, as I have never met many women who look like that. I have a bias for Chad/Cameroon since I had an ex who very much resembled that face.

• Ohh I see! Sounds cool

• it's impossible to educate women fully on issues like this for a number of reasons, which is why i and a lot of guys don't really bother. What they do instead is choose the path of least resistance, which is to avoid and deny. As long as that culture exists, you'll never get the answer that you're looking for to this question. Actually, i think a lot of girls who asks this and other similar questions regarding men and their attraction to specific kinds of women, already know the answer to the question they are asking... but they ask in the hopes that guys will be honest. Of course the irony is that they are often chastised for that kind of brutal honesty so they just avoid getting too controversial. In my opinion, the answer to this question is in part a controversial one, which is why i won't say anything beyond what others have said... and that is that white people by and large are seen as the standard of beauty in the world, so that is what people will gravitate towards. I believe the full answer is more multi-faceted than that, but im not really up for dealing with the hyper-emotional knee jerk comments from women that I'd normally get. Other things require my attention. But my advice to you is to not obsess over it. Work on bettering yourself and paying attention to what's going on in the world around you. Pretty sure that will end up being more important at the end of the day than how you rank up physically to some random white girl

• Well I don't live in the US and I'm not familiar with the beauty standards there so I wanted to make sure if it's true but yeah I knew the answer that white girls have more desirable features. But it's nearly impossible to get over it since everyone cares about how other people look. Thanks for your advice anyways

• It's because Eurocentric beauty standards still reign. They're being chipped away but it's still pretty mainstream. I think all of those women are cute to be honest.

• This is actually a pretty hard question to answer

The reason is much like we have no idea where we come from, its hard to say whether we have adapted to prefer lighter skin or if there really is a standard of beauty that is common across the board

• Okay so you agreed to what I said?

• Oh okay. But isn't tanned skin popular

• Yes it defiantly is popular, like latinas for example
      That comes down to features for sure

Another way to think of this is l with a limited number of ethnicities, there has to be boundaries... so ranks will exist. Not everyone will be equal. There kinda has to be a first and last place

As to why, we need to study our origins to get the full picture

• Because most people voting are probably white so they like what they're used to.

• Hmm but even some black guys seem they prefer white girls though...

• What's ur race and what's ur favorite race then?

• I'm half white, half Mexican, and all my crushes but one have been white. There was one who was also half white half Mexican.

• Because that's how society trained them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

• I never noticed that but girls can be pretty regardless of color

• Then what do you think of those top girls and bottom girls?

• They seem pretty Equal in looks, none of them really catches my eye

• Hmm okay

• Probably due to majority population being white. That's my guess.

• What're you babbling about?

• Because average black girl isn't as "pretty" as average white girl?

• What makes a person so called average as far as looks go? Whether someone is ugly, okay looking, so called average, pretty, gorgeous, sexy etc depends on who you ask

• Good question... ...

• I think because in general people find white girls more attractive than black

• You seem to be a little racist against white women.

• I'm saying the truth. See the picture which woman do you prefer?

• What's your question? And still people think white is averagely more beautiful than other race.
      If you don't get me that's okay just go

• Alright, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from, if that's not what you're looking for then ok.

• Are these some sort of facial composites showing a typical woman from each of those countries?

If yes, this question is making me feel better about myself :D

What Girls Said 10

• I think because much of our "beauty standards" are derived from lighter features.

(I'm not saying I necessarily agree with these, and of course not everyone will agree with these, but it's what the media and most of society says):
    -Blue/green eyes > brown eyes
    -Straight/wavy hair > curly/afro/textured hair
    -Blonde/light hair > dark hair
    -Long hair > short hair (this is changing in the US)
    -Pale skin > dark skin (though this one is increasingly more accepting of tan and tanned skin, in the US at least)
    -Thin nose > flat or wide nose
    -Slim figure > fuller figure (this one is reverting back now in the US)
    -Thin to med lips > Full or very big lips (those this one is changing in the US)
    Etc.

Obviously, not EVERY white girl looks like nor has the "better" of the features. And obviously, not EVERY black girl has the "lesser" of the features.
    But white women are more likely to be pale than black women. Black women are more likely to have kinky, textured hair and afros than white women.

So based on the "beauty standards" more white women will fall into the "better" of the features than black women and thus they are more likely for even the average white woman to be seen as "prettier".

• I don't agree with some of the beauty standards you mentioned
      Tanned skin, full lips, dark hair, curvy body are popular and these are what most black girls tend to have
      But yeah white people are more likely to meet "beauty standards" Fuvk those standards and media

• The thing is, those features are popular on white women. Why? I don't know.
      I've had a big butt my whole life. Only in the ghetto was it hot. But then Kim K, Jen Selter, Iggy Azalea and probably especially porn stars like Alexis Texas and Remy Lacroix came along and made it popular to white people.

Look at the whole "Kylie Jenner challenge" thing. A little white girl made full, big lips popular. Brandy, Monica, Maegan Good, Beyonce all have full lips. But it took Kylie Jenner to make them "desirable".

• I'm not saying I agree with this stuff though! It's just what I've noticed irl and even online polls have shown that lighter features are seen as better by men.

So don't kill the messenger! Lol

• If someone is pretty, shsze pretty regardless of race or ethnic. The same implies with a good looking guy.

• Shsze should be she's.

• I don't understand your question if my answer did not suffice.

• I mean a white girl who has an average face for white girl are considered pretty in general
      But a black girl who has an average face for black girls are considered average or below average in general

• Because our society values white beauty as the ideal. It's the same reason why Beyonce keeps getting whiter and whiter in appearance (light hair, etc).

• Are "most people" white?

• it depends of the person and this photo means nothing not all people from turky or Lebanon or I don't know where looks like that and i have friends from turky with blond hair and blue eyes plus there's people who media and people don't talk about it the "multiracial" people !

• I think both the white and black ones all look average, besides South Africa, Lebanon, and Turkey, as those are pretty

• Who does that?

• I don't know because its their opinion

• Causeee turkish girlss are very very pretty and beautifull💖

• Because black can always be so much better. People know how amazing black girls potential is. So pretty black girls are always underrated because people are just anticipating the African queens that we love so much💯🔍