Do pretty people know they're pretty?

and do ugly people know they're ugly? how do you know if you're pretty and how if you're ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 23

• 10|2
  • No, not all do.

It depends on how you perceive yourself. I look the same as i look when i was in Highschool (Just more facial hair), but when i was in high school i thought i was unattractive and ugly, i even hated myself (it was because i didn't perceive myself in a good way and had very low self-esteem and low confidence). Now, 4 years later... i gained a lot of confidence and self-esteem because i worked on improving myself mentally and physically. Because of that, now i see myself as very attractive and i like myself.

So it all depends on how you see yourself.

• I assume most people, within themselves, have a pretty good idea where they stand

• Do you really not know the answer to these questions?

• Yes we do.

• No... I would hope that they think they are no better looking then anyone else..

• Well I guess I must be amack in the middle. Not shit ugly because never saw people freaking out at the sight of my face. And not "pretty" because I was never the chick magnet. However, girls have always approached me for a good friendship.

But can't say and don't care. Not anymore... I'm married to a beautiful wife who thinks I'm handsome :)

• they know they are not ugly but everybody has flaws they┬┤re conscious about.

• Those that are beautiful and don't know it, those are the truly beautiful one. My girlfriend is like that.

• No and ugly people think their hot
    sources- Rosio donnel

• If you don't know you can hear from some of the Internet's Fonest Trolls in the 'How do I Look?' category

• I don't know cause I ain't pretty 😂

• i think most do. yea

• i know i am pretty ugly

• Some do but many are even more insecure about their looks

• yes, they do.

• Very hot

• Some do.

If you are told over and over that you are hot that's a hint

If you never get flirted with that's a hint.

Some won't believe you at all.

• Pretty people know they're pretty even before going to elementary school.
    Ugly people learn they're ugly when they hit puberty.

• Girls your age really are the scum of the Earth aren't you.

• Some do... some don't - it depends on whether they get approached by the opposite sex (and whether they realise this is due to their looks).

I wondered if I was a pretty guy - and when I looked in the mirror I thought I was kind of hot. But I don't think other people agree, so I'm assuming my opinion is wrong and that I'm not good looking.

Girls are probably more likely too, because they are likely to get approached (or even harrassed by drunk people).

Ironically I have less knowledge about guys. From what I've heard VERY good looking guys do get approached by girls, but guys who are quite good looking - it's hard to know.

People who socialise less are less likely to know because their lack of being approached is not nessecarily due to their appearance. With that being said, sometimes people can be gorgeous but look intimidating... so don't get approached either.

• Some of them probably know :)

What Girls Said 26

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the old saying goes. It's subjective who we each find attractive.

For example: I think my boyfriend is cute but you may see him and think he is only average or that he is physically unappealing. Vice versa I may see your crush or boyfriend who you think is handsome or cute and think that they or only average or unattractive.

We all have different opinions on who we find attractive and who we don't. We are all attractive to some people but unattractive to others.

On one hand I have had a lot of guys call me cute, try chat me up, flirt with me, one guy seemed like he was practically begging me to go out with him, my ex seemed really into me and from what he's said, it seems like my current boyfriend likes me more than I first thought he did.. But then on the other hand, an 11 year old child once called me ugly when I was 14 and when I began telling a story which started "I did something stupid the other day-" a male friend of a friend asked "What? Look in a mirror?"

So it would seem that some people find me attractive.. And other's don't. It's all a matter of opinion.

• Sometimes. I've read somewhere that people that think they're gods gift to the opposite sex (egotistical) usually have an skewed vision of themselves. They see themselves as a photo doctored version of themselves. People that think they're disgusting and fugly (low self-esteem) usually are at least 2 times more attractive than they see. People in the middle usually have it right. People that are out spoken on their supposed good looks tick me off. I usually think they're 10x uglier. I believe what I read is pretty accurate because I usually don't agree with any ones perception of themselves.

• I'm going to throw something out there.

No. Not all know.

Yes some are told their whole lives and know they are. Some are abused and don't believe a word said to them. They can be beautiful or ugly, abuse is not limited.

So no. Not all people know if they are pretty or ugly.

I personally believe I'm very ugly. My friends and family, my boyfriend and my councillor say I'm pretty.
    But I don't believe I am. And you know why? My mother and my bullies. I believe in hate more than love.

So you tell me. Do you think everyone knows? Because I don't. Why would people tell me if I'm not? Make me feel better? Why would they do that through lies?

• I have seen both ways, pretty girls thinking they are ugly and ugly girls thinking they are beautiful. (It may be true for guys too, but I haven't seen this yet.)
    It depends on the person, what kind of feedback they get from the opposite sex, how they take it, etc.

• yeah ture but I've seen really unatractive girls getting all the boys and thinks she's too pretty.

• Exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that part.
      It's still a mistery how they do that. 😂

• some ugly people think they're pretty
    some pretty people think they're ugly
    some people are insecure
    some people look in mirrors

• Some do, some dont.

• Yes they do!

• It all depends on confidence, really. If you're confident in yourself then at that moment in time you believe and know you're pretty.

But in the moments where you're not confident in yourself, then you believe and know you're ugly.

• depends on the person. I've noticed a lot of times jealous females like to insult other females who are much more attractive than them. and douchy guys like to convince some women their less attractive so that they can take advantage of her.

• Pretty people probably know it as they get older, when they hear it, and learn it from what happens to them. Also as they see who others is around them. But of course there is people who think they are ugly but are pretty, and people who are ugly but think they are pretty.

• No not all of them know. I know a girl who think she is all beautiful and honestly she is ugly inside and out.
    And I know some very pretty girls who do not think they are pretty

• Ehh I don't think so? Unless they've been told that they're pretty all their lives than I'm sure they'd be aware that they were attractive and vice versa.

• Um.

It usually depends on the person. I think some people do know and others don't though.

I know that I'm pretty by the way.

Haha.

• I would assume they would know.

• Yeah, most do.

• I know I am cute :P

• Pretty women are always told they are pretty so yeah

• Yeah, some of them.

• Would you date yourself? That's what I always ask myself.

• Yea iknow im pretty bc of the compliments i always receive 😉😎

• Some do, some don't. But then again beauty is subjective so it's a complicated topic.

• yes that's right it's funny when I said to girl that I don't find her attractive at all for example Miyonis is nothing special for me. For me it counts her behaviour and other things. What I really hate is especially when girls have skyrocket EGO and they think oh my beauty is out of this world but it's totally opposite average normal girl. Haha just some info oh and one more thing I hate when they are active on fcbuk and they share pictures like expensive boats, cars and golden watches I'm just like wtf bitc* who cares

• If I was pretty, my life would be 10 times better. But its not.

• Yes, I know I'm ugly lol

• It depends who they are comparing themselves to and how often they get asked out.

• Yes they do. Most of the time we know where we stand but I have seen many unattractive people claim to be attractive vice versa. To me everyone subconsciously have at least a little idea about how attractive/unattractive they are.

• I think your pretty if how you feel about yourself is positive. It's all about self love.