How much do braces cost?

I'm pretty sure i'll only need braces on my top teeth and I also believe that we have dental insurance. My mom says theyre really expensive and that I don''t need them but my dentist even said if i dont get them im gonna have to get a few pulled when im about 30 due to bad alignment; i guess i can't clean them correctly. Also, i think ill need them for about 6 months

What Guys Said 2

• Your dentist would likely not be the one to have anything to do with the braces, so since he would not be gaining anything, I would trust his opinion on this.

You should consult an orthodontist for the braces. Cost can be a bit much. There is the initial consult, and all the workups, then the braces and putting them on, followed by regular adjustments, then finally removal. Unfortunately, many dental plans do not cover orthodontia. In that case having dental insurance does not help.

But it is probably in your best interest to go ahead and pay for it yourself (assuming the dental insurance does not cover it). There will be savings later in dental costs if it makes cleaning them more possible.

• As a general rule the cost is comparable to traditional fixed braces. And although only an Invisalign Provider is able to fully determine your cost, prices for Invisalign treatment are generally between £2,500 - £4,500. However, if only minor tooth movement is required, prices could start from £1,500. I would assume that could be equated roughly one to one in Canadian dollars, or USD, as in 2500 CAD or 2500 USD.

What Girls Said 0