Boyfriend's dad says I look like Meghan Trainer. It put me in a bad mood. Should I take that as an insult?

My boyfriend told me this this morning on the phone, & I responded with "I thought I was going to have a good day today..." I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of her. Why couldn't he say Kate Upton?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think she's unattractive and your pretty but I don't think you look like her though but it could be worse someone could say you look like Miley Cyrus

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you look like either of them, really. Anyway, I'm sure he meant it as a compliment. You have to be decent looking to become famous, in most cases. He didn't say you sound like her, so her annoyingness is void in the conversation. Cheers!

What Guys Said 10

• Meghan Trainor is pretty freakin hot! So I'd take that as a compliment. And he said that cuz it's true. I see u resemble her a bit. But I can't see any Kate Upton tho. So if he said that then he'd be lying. U don't want him to lie do u?

• Well I will admit I don't have Upton's face, I just like her a lot, lmao.

And I'm sorry but I really can't stand Meghan Trainer. Maybe I'm biased. But if you like her than I guess I've got that on my side according to you... just not in my book. Lol.

• Haha well I have no clue who she is lol I just Googled her and thought she was hot so ya lol

• Yeah you should, but he said it because your face is round.

• I genuinely hope that this is the worst of your problems in life.

• Cause you look nothing like Kate Upton?
    I don't see why you would automatically assume that it was an insult...

• I don't think Meghan Trainer is attractive.

• Yes, but saying I look like Meghan Trainer is kind of a backhanded compliment.

• I don't see how. Maybe if you know very well the person making the compliment doesn't think she is attractive, but it's not the case here. But even then, you either look like her or you don't so, can't it be just a remark? Maybe he was not judging you but only saying you look like her.

• Meghan Trainor is fucking sexy! 😉

Why do u find being referred to her looks wise as an insult? #Confused

• He was being honest I suppose and not lie? You look good regardless

• Yes. I'd take it as an insult.

• What's your rationale? Because she's chubby?

• Yes, I think she's fat and ugly, but that's not the main reason.

The main reason is that her whole career is based off the persona of a fucked up, man eating, manipulative, bitch. The way she dresses, the makeup, the lyrics to her songs... if these were the real her, then she's just a fucking god aweful disgusting and horrible person in her core.

• Well he's right, you do look like her

• Probably because you look nothing like kate upton

• I'm guessing he meant it as a complement. He was picking someone who he saw as full figured in an attractive way with blonde hair. That's all.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes you do kind of look like her (Meghan Trainor) but she's not ugly and neither are you. But to be honest, you only should care about how you feel about yourself. People tell me I look like "so and so" all the time but the only thing I care about is if I look like myself.

• Kate upton is ugly too tho like what?

• I sense insecurity...

• well yeah when you apparently look like someone like Megan Trainer

• Well, it's not nice to compare people to other people. That's like, the number one way to make someone insecure or be insecure yourself... comparing to other people.

• Mechanical Trainer is awesome! Why would that be offensive?

• Because you don't look like Kate upton?

• No, because he of course had to say I look like someone who's kind of chubby & has sucky music.

• So I'm chubby...

• And I wasn't implying he HAD to say I looked like Kate Upton. I'm just saying I'd be less insulted if he said it was her or someone similar. Meghan Trainer makes me feel fat & undesirable.

• What makes you think you look like Kate Upton?

• I have the body structure of her, just not the face. Lol.

• Okay? You still don't look like her.

• Not my face by any means, I'll abide by that.

• www.returnofkings.com/.../no-fat-chicks.jpg
    He is probably gently hinting at your weight problem.