What makes a face good looking?

I realise there are some individual differences... but I think we can all agree some faces are more attractive than others.

I'm very, very, very interested as to why...
What makes a face good looking?
Why can male and female faces be "good looking" yet have different features?

Most Helpful Girl

• That depends on the person. I think these people have good looking faces males: Fu'ad Äit Aattou, Obama, Evan Peters, John Boyega, Chow Fat Yun, young Brad Pitt, Theo Rossi, Gerran Howell, Moa Khouas, The Rock, Mattew Gray B, Drake, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L Jackson, Tobias Sorrensen, young Mark Walhberg, Adrian gillespie (instagram), anyone with freckles, green eye's or ginger hair😜 and etc etc. Females: Angela mf basset😍😍😍 my chest! young jessica lange, Ghong li (stunning) Jessica Stookes, Rue Paul is a bad one as well, Pam grier, Adriana Lima, Jada pinkett, Miranda kerr, Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Munn, Iggy Azealea (don't like her but I'm no hater) Gabrielle Union, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Helen Mirren, Priyanka Chopra, Eva mendes, Ruby rose and etc etc but some might not agree with the people I find attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• For males: jawline, strong eyebrows, symmetry, bright smile

What Girls Said 14

• That's difficult to answer.. Because what one person would class as good looking someone else won't..
    A good looking man to me would be someone that looked like Peter Andre or Matt di Angelo
    On a woman a good looking woman to me would someone that resembles Catherine zeta Jones or Cameron Diaz... I think Beyoncé is not good looking but raven Simone is ( backwards on that I know) but I think because of Ravens personality there something likeable about her and something in Beyoncé I dislike that makes her unattractive to me.. so personally not all really based on looks... but if personality is spot on it then you'll see that person as good looking...

• You can google this EXACT thing, in the exact words in which you've asked it, and get a huge number of hits that will explain the current state of scientific knowledge in more detail than you could ever possibly wish to know.

Like, literally, just copy and paste this question into google, and read what you get.

The short answer is "symmetry", but there are a bunch of things beyond that, all of which are pretty obvious once they are pointed out.

• symmetry! and proportions! everything must be medium to small.
    Eyes are Lips are the only features that can be BIG on your face.

Most people who are better looking have more symmetrical features than those who are average or below average.

The only things that can be BIG in your face and still be attractive are 2 things... eyes and lips. ... if they are not big you can still be good looking,

BUT if any other part of your face is BIG, then you're most likely disqualified.

• meant eyes AND lips. not are... :]! dumb auto correct.

• I think it's mostly in the shape and composition, rather than just having nice lips, eyes or nose. Think "golden ratio", everything should have the rigjt distance to everything else. Also, looking healthy (nice skin, open eyes, lots of smiling, healthy hair) matters a great deal.

• It all depends on the person looking. I have a friend who only likes faces with more unique features, like Benedict Cumberbatch, whereas my ideal face looks something like the rapper Joey Bada$$. Some people prefer more classic looks, Kate Upton or Jensen Ackles.

• I agree with you. Sometimes different people with completely different facial features can be as attractive as one another. I think what makes a face attractive is how the features on that face are placed. The shape of the face is also important, and also the hair and if it suits the person.
    For me though, the faces I like the most in men are the ones with strong jaws, and straight-like features (as the nose, the mouth... etc.)

• Symmetry more than anything else.

• Good looking face for me is a bright face. A nice smile really makes the face good to look at. Good teeth makes it brighter.

• There's something called the "Golden Ratio". Look it up. If you look closely at many gorgeous women you start to notice a pattern with their faces as their features, although different, all have the same proportion to them

• I would say proportions

• symmetry in their face, big eyes or lips, clear skin... for guys a sharp jaw line.. for girls smooth features

• If you are going by society's standards:

Good hygiene
    Clear skin
    Well groomed
    A nice smile
    Nice eyes
    Nice jawline

For some, they like a guy with nice lips. Facial hair is up for debate, and so is head hair (long hair, short hair, no hair). I think it's how he presents himself might be an indicator, some people can slide into a more attractiveness by having a great smile and happy personality.

If you don't take care of yourself (need to shower, wash your face, brush and floss your teeth, almost no acne/no acne, etc.) then that brings down the guy.

• Good genes, it's as simple as that.

• Proportions, complexion, features.

What Guys Said 6

• I think its how unique or different your face looks. Its mainly your features such as eyes/eyebrows/nose/mouth/chin.

• Symmetry is part of it, but it also depends on what you like. "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder".

• If your head is proportionate to your face and your body

• You could write a whole book about it, but in short, for males, you need a forward grown maxilla, thick NW1 hairline, defined jaw, defined chin, strong inner orbitals for sufficient under eye support, thick straight eyebrows... If you have these things and they work in harmony, i. e they fit the golden ratio, you're good looking.

• For me its symmetry, idc about jawline or skin color or thick cheeks or what ever, just the symmetry.

• Symmetry. At least that's what science says.