Is it worth asking anyone on here "How Do I Look"?

So far as I can see, these questions are always troll magnets, attracting responses which are overwhelming negative and derisory- the only answers you ever get boil down to either "you're SOOO ugly", "you're SOOO insecure for asking" or "you're SOOO deluded for thinking that you look good". Is it really worth asking anyone on GaG what you look like, when all you'll get from any of them is sadistic abuse?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're a girl almost everyone will tell you that you're pretty regardless. If you're a guy, expect brutal honesty and perhaps harsher judgements than you deserve.

What Girls Said 5

• tbh I feel a bit sick when I see young girls posting pictures of themselves in their underwear... I tell them post again but wear clothes because as an adult it's adults that have to put these young girls right as their parents won't know that their posting bra and knickers pictures of themselves.. that doesn't make me a troll it makes me concerned for the welfare of these girls

One other person I got at I found her appalling was , which look do you love about me... I was like Jesus Christ what's wrong with this person... and I told her to reword her question not to mention what we love about her...

But if you put yourself out there then folk will troll, one time I asked a question completely opposite on my looks in the relationship part of this site and got told to lose weight and I was ugly... I'm not fat.. I already know I'm ugly so if I wanted an opinion on how I looked I woulda asked here...

I find if people have to put someone down via the Internet then there's something wrong with that person... I'm a beauty therapist my day time job is to tell everyone they are beautiful and how to fix minor things about themselves so quite shocked by some people who tell young girls to get chemical peels etc etc, something I'd never recommend to anyone under the age of 35:.. or how to whiten their skin because they are to dark or don't look white enough or Asian enough, to me that's disgusting it's like wow I get paid to tell people how to improve their skin and some idiots on this tell them for free how to wreck it...

most of the time half the people on here have no idea what they are on about... everyone to me is beautiful unless they're attacking me then to me they aren't ugly in looks but ugly in personality and I despise people who have ugly oersonalities

• Have you considered the idea that they're not troll answers and they're actually being honest? Instead of the other users who flock to kiss your ass and lie to you?

• Is it "actually being honest" to go out of your way to tell someone who asks the question that they're uglier than shit? I could tell dozens of people who I meet in the street every day to their faces that they're ugly, and I'd be telling the truth, but it'd still be trolling. And which users are you talking about "who flock to kiss your ass and lie to you"? Do any such users exists here at GaG?

• What right would you have to do so? And what right would you have to disagree with me or anyone else who said that it might be humanly possible for someone in the world to find me attractive? For instance, I'd rate you as a 6.5, with the potential to be a 6.9 at most. Would that mean that anyone who rated your appearance more highly than I do must inherently be a 'user', flocking to kiss your ass and lying to you? No- it just means that different people have different ideas of what makes people attractive. On the other hand, someone rating you as a 10/10, or higher, would most certainly be an ass-kisser- and in the same way, someone rating you as a 1/10 or lower would most certainly be a troll, deliberately trying to undermine your self-esteem for kicks. And there are far, far more of the latter than the former, at least when it comes to males who ask the question in that forum. Is it the other way round when it comes to females who ask the question? Probably; I wouldn't know.

• I know that everyone on this website kisses ass because I experimentally asked a sort of how-do-i-look question before, actually it was a guess my weight question, and people guessed way lower than what would be an obviously acceptable range to guess within.

• I totally agree! There's no point in asking people on here. I don't think it's right for someone to get their self confidence or approval from people on here. I mean if people are that "desperate" or that insecure then maybe they should download an app like Tinder or HotorNot because then they'll know! And a lot of the people on here that posts these questions are 18 and younger which is kind of weird and inappropriate because 40 year old men make comments on their posts

• No. I still don't understand why people do. Who cares what people you're never going to meet think?

• The how do I look section keeps the perv men on this website

What Guys Said 7

• Don't post a rate me on gag unless someone is below avg and need compensatory compliments to help them out.

• all the responses are the same. so its boring as shit to read.

• I've never seen a proper rating on this site. The most average looking girl will be called a 10 here due to the males being thirsty white knights. If you want a real, brutal, rating make an account on lookism. net and ask there.

• yeah I don't do the rate me questions I did the how hot site one time and I got stunning- well thought I got stunning until noticed the blue box that was meant to be at my face was actually small and centred on a music note on my tshirt... so my music note got stunning and I didn't even get anything lol... people will be honest to a point but there's no need to be down right cruel about people either

• Yeah it is

• I post honest opinions on here

• yes it is

• U got this