Am I ugly (With pictures)?

I hate being an attention seeker but I'm at a point in life where it's impossible not to feel insecure due to isolation and loneliness.
I was 16 years old when my ex approached me but I broke up with him 2 years ago and now I'm almost 20 years old. No one has ever attempted to approach me since then and I'm currently staying home (I don't go to college/university or work) and I mostly only go out to go to the gym (monday-friday).
It's usually at this age most girls find someone but it doesn't seem like I'll find someone soon.
Am I ugly or just very unlucky?

*I do get stares everywhere I go but men never approach me

Most Helpful Guy

• Like the other guys have said, you are not ugly at all. It's the opposite. You are gorgeous and guys are intimidated probably. I don't know what your personality is like but looking at these pictures you look very sad or hurt, angry even It might just be the way you are (look) or just these pictures but if it's a normal look for you guys might be reluctant to approach, you look like you're ready to cry or hurt someone lol ;) Like the one guy said, you might have to do some approaching.

• I haven't heard or noticed that before, but I will definitely try looking more approachable! Thank you very much for your honesty! I appreciate it! :)

What Guys Said 77

• You are definitely NOT ugly.

If your pictures accurately show your normal appearance, then you might have one problem: RBF, resting bitch face.

If your normal appearance gives off the message that you are unapproachable, then you may need to compensate for that with your actions.

If you see a guy you are interested in, you should smile at him and hold your gaze on him to let him know that you WANT his attention. Unless you take that step, most guys will think their efforts with you will be unwelcome.

• I did hear that a lot before, but I really try to look as amiable as I can be! I guess it's not enough haha. Thank you kindly for your advice!

• You're quite welcome.

• Not ugly but you can't expect guys to cold approach you randomly, especially if you rarely go out. Its not realistic.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a4520-why-you-arent-getting-approached-ladies
    Check that link out as well.

• Thank you so much, I appreciate your advice! I want to approach more but unfortunately some people thinks that it makes you come off as aggressive or slutty.

• People who share the same culture as me e. g my sister. They still believe that the guy should always approach first, otherwise you never know if he's truly interested in you.

• But the same can be said about guys approaching girls; he never knows if the girl is actually interested in him. Its always a gamble regardless of which gender does the approaching.

• how about... ya turn the fucking tables? its 2016

• No, you're not ugly, by no means, i'm in that boat right now, and i know i might seem un-masculine for saying it, but screw societal pressure! you are you, and that is amazing, work on yourself, know yourself and get a better perspective of the world, do things you find fun and interesting, nothing is impossible and you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

• Thank you kindly for your honesty and advice! I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to answer my question! I'm currently learning Spanish and Japanese on my own so I guess that's a start :)

• 45.media.tumblr.com/.../...qwHnm11sp9fcho1_250.gif
    Good heavens no.
    Ones looks are not as important as ones character.

• Thank you kindly! I believe that as well. Unfortunately most people are caught by someone's beauty before anything else. It's impossible not to feel a little insecure by that fact.

• Don't look for love, let it find you.
      That being said, if you find someone you like then by all means persue.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are by no means ugly. So you have no reason to be insecure.
      Be confident in yourself!

• No, you are not.

• You are quite pretty. Your looks probably intimidate most young men or they figure you are taken already..

• Thank you very much for your honesty! I will try to look more friendly next time I go out haha! :)

• Averagishhhh

• I think unlucky because you look very beautiful to me

• Thank you very much for your honesty, I really appreciate it! :)

• 0|0
    • Yup, and it made me feel much better about myself. Even confident people have their moments where they feel insecure :)

• Just unlucky, you're not even close to be ugly.

• Lack of opportunity if anything. I'm like you, BUT I'm 33!!! Stop complaining, you'll probably be married before me anyways, lol.

• Having strict parents can really make things difficult.. I hope you find your special someone soon! Thank you for taking your time to answer my question :)

• Your very welcome. I think it's best these days to have strict parents. Young people are getting to big for their britches.

• You are quite attractive.
    You DO need to smile, even a little bit.
    You need to approach, or make yourself approachable.
    Find another target, think about how much fun you could have with him, smile, and go for it.

• Thank you kindly for your honesty and advice! Much appreciated!

• You're cute but that doesn't mean you're a good catch

Its a red flag when a cute girl can't find someone or keep a relationship going...

• I ended my relationship with my ex because he cheated on me and was emotionally and verbally abusive. How is that a red flag?

• Most people know I've suffered from depression before so that might be the red flag. Thanks for taking your time to answer this.

• You are amazingly beautiful I wonder why you aso this question, but next time smile , smiles always a nice touch 😁

• Thank you kindly for your sweet words and I'll definitely try that out next time! You can't help but feel insecure when everyone around you seem to live such happy lives! :)

• Not everyone loves a happy live , but it's actually a choice if you want to live happily , you're a human being you can do anything we went on the moon and invented things so you can do whatever you want just stay positive and happy we only live once

• You are really pretty
    And I'm brutally honest on these rate me's so there you go :)

• Thank you kindly, I really appreciate your honesty!

• You are not ugly just too pretty to be approached easily by men.

• Thank you for your kind words! Do you have any advice?

• You might just have to do some approaching yourself. Or do things that make you seem sociable and approachable.

• You are solid 9/10 and men might think that it's impossible that you are single or in their league. If you see someone you like, don't be afraid to flirt and it might encourage men to make their moves. Except me because I am a total retard then it comes to read those signs. You also seem a bit sad and gloomy (might be due your current situation) so try to think something that cheers you up because smiling girls are irresistible.

• Thank you kindly for your advice and honesty. Most people here have suggested that I should do the approach so I guess I don't really have another choice haha. I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to answer my question!

• Beauty can be intimidating, where I think that id never be able to talk to a beautiful woman like you.
    Fear of rejection can be a factor also.
    I would totally talk to you!!!
    We need some more beautiful brown eye women here in the US.
    So what are you doin for valentines day? :P

• Thank you so much for your kind words. I think you should start talking to women you find beautiful, I haven't been approached in a long time so I guess I'm not the only one who would appreciate being talked to! Most people here have light eyes and that actually made me feel like mine were boring.(Less boring now lol) Right now, it seems like I'll most likely go to the gym and go home and watch a movie! Thank you so much for your honest, I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to answer this! :)

• I just approached one in a market, she was a sales associates and i asked her if she would like to shoot pool. Got her number and we played pool the same night :)

• You are stunning @hkloo. From your luscious lips to your gorgeous eyes and cheeks. Wow. I can honestly say I would "approach you." :)

• Thank you kindly for your words. It definitely made me feel better about myself!

• You are welcome and truly beautiful. You have nothing to worry about. Ever.

• You are absolutely stunningly beautiful, most guys don't approach you because you are way out of their league. A lot of guys probably chase you.

Why don't you just ask the guy you like out the guy, it is really easy to get our numbers,99% of the time we say yes

• Haha aw, thank you kindly for your sweet words! Unfortunately that is not true, I've been single for years and no one has approached me (even on social media) haha! A lot of you have suggested that I should approach guys instead, I will try that out! :)

• Good luck approaching, but i don't think you need it

• you are beautiful.
    maybe you are too reserved and unsocial in gatherings which may have arisen due to your insecurity. be confident and u will get guys.

• Thank you kindly for taking your time to answer my question. I will try all the suggestions and advice. I gotta say that I actually already feel more confident because of all the positive feedback! :)

• Ugly? Are you kidding? You're like super gorgeous girl, guys most not be approaching you because they think you're waaay out of their league. All you need is smile, the pictures above give me an impression you're hurt or very depressed. Also you said you don't go to college/university. I think you should, as there you can meet loads of new people and possibly a soulmate. So, stay positive and everything will be fine, no doubt. =)

• It's impossible to not feel ugly when you're always alone while everyone are meeting someone they like! I really don't want people to think I'm out of anyone's league, it get's really lonely haha! Thank you very much for being so candid, nice towards me and of course, giving me advice, it made my day better! I'll do my best :)

• You most certainly are not in any way unattractive...

My advice make some friends find a guy you like and if they don't approach you. . Approach them

• I'll definitely try that! Thank you so much for your honesty and advice! Much appreciated!

• "(I don't go to college/university or work) and I mostly only go out to go to the gym (monday-friday)."

Me thinking: Cam girl.

• I haven't read the comments, but I tell you that I can agree with most of them xD

• Haha aw, thank you so much for taking your time to answer my question and making me feel better about myself! Much appreciated :)

• If we ever have the pleasure of seeing a picture of you again, may it be with a smile, because I'm sure you have a lovely one

• Men probably assume you are taken because you are so beautiful. Maybe you should go out more, don't let one relationship ruin your life. Go to school, excel in what makes you passionate, work on bettering yourself and stop caring what people think.

• I actually went to prom alone because some guys thought I already had someone to go with. I have strict parents so it makes it kind of difficult to go out more. I am waiting to hear from my uncle who offered me a job and I also applied to a college. I am hoping for the best! I'll try my best! Thank you for your honesty and advice! :)

• You're right! I'll definitely try being a better version of me. Haha after all of this positive feedback I'm a little surprised too! Yeah, I do! :)

• I followed you, follow me back :)

• Very pretty

• Not ugly

• Probably because you don't get out much

• I have strict parents so yes I don't get out much haha..

• More from Guys
    47

What Girls Said 23

• If you're considered ugly than I must be too. Haha seriously I never understand why girls do this. I can't find a flaw in your face! You do not need validation from men, look in the mirror and know you are beautiful. I'm not a cheesy sentimental person either, there are ugly girls in this world and you are not one of them.

• In my culture (Kurdish) most girls find someone they like at my age. Most girls get offers (marriage) at weddings but I haven't had at least one, no one approaches me anywhere else as well so you just can't help questioning your appearance. I really appreciate your honesty and thank you kindly for taking your time to answer my question!

• Girlllllllll 9.5 if I munched on carpet I'd chase u lol. So don't take that the wrong way I'm just an honest person. I give prop's when do. No one approaches me either. Guy's get scared of rejection too uk. I'm in the same predicament as you and I'm 24. Eventually someone will come along, but let them find you. The more u search the more you'll stress yourself out. Just chill, travel have fun. All single women and hell the lonely one's in relationships think like this as well.

• Hahah you're funny! This may sound mean but it kind of comforts me; knowing that I'm not alone. So you do don't think I should approach others as suggested above by guys? I am really trying to chill but it's traditional for a woman in my age to find someone. My sister is 24 years old and hasn't found her "special someone" but people see her as expired milk haha. Thank you kindly for your advice!

• Thanks for finding me funny. People here think I'm either some deranged feminist or weird perv. They're fucktarded lol. Tell ur sis... Exspired milk NEVER really goes bad... remember people ALWAYS drink it still after a day😉 but nahhhhh don't worry about it I get ecstatic! ! When other's are in my situation lmao I ain't shit. I'm all yayyy🙌🙌 let's start a club and buy cat nip😂😂Now with approaching. .. ehhh my only prob with that is some men have major ego problem's. So they'll deem you as thirsty/aggressive*eye roll* Or you might not be their specific type. I don't have type, I like what I like.😏 I find thing's in people to like. What the hell approach you never what will happen. U could get a date, if not at least u don't have to look back and say "what if?"

• euh girl... I can't I just can'y -_-
    I have a hard time believing this.
    let s see... what don't you like about your face hmm?

• Hahah there's actually a few things I don't like about my face but I am fully aware that most people feel the same about themselves

• No you're not.. you're a pretty girl

• Being beautiful isn't everything. You are staying home doing nothing, just going to the gym as you say, but wouldn't it be better to think more about yourself and less about men and what men think of you? Don't you have ambitions and dreams?

• I actually do have dreams and ambitions. I'm currently waiting for my uncle to contact me about a job he offered me. He's a businessman who runs his company in another country, I'm just waiting for a specific date in order to book my flight ticket :)

• Cool! I hope everything goes well for you! :D

• Wth you're gorgeous!

• Thank you kindly for making me feel better, you're very gorgeous yourself! :)

• you are beautiful and I think you should get out and do more. Maybe find a part time job? I don't know if you aren't working due to an illness but if that's not that case then a job could help. Even dating sites are tons of help.

• Thank you kindly for your honesty and advice! My uncle offered me a job, but he's very busy and lives in another country so we're trying to make it work. Much appreciated! :)

• Lmao, you've got to be kidding me.

You ain't ugly, you are very pretty.

Don't worry, you are still young, you will find your soulmate who will love you for who you are.

^.^

• Thank you very much for your kind words! I really appreciate it! :)

• Oh shut up, you know you're smoken.

• Believe it or not but I actually felt very insecure and questioned myself before I got all of this positive feedback!

• You are beautiful :)

• Omg your stunning!! Trust me haha! Your definitely not ugly maybe you've had bad luck

• Thank you very much for making me feel better about my appearance! :) I think so too haha..

• No problem! If you ever need any advice or need someone to talk to about this feel free to message me! I've definitely been in your position before😊

• You're very pretty but maybe that's why guys don't approach you

• Thank you kindly, I really appreciate the fact that you took your time to answer this! I'll try the suggestions above, maybe they'll approach me then haha! :)

• Ugly? You are gorgeous! Maybe the guys are intimidated of you!

• I feel like you are one of those girls who know you're pretty but need the attention😬 Sorry for being honest 🙈 If that's not the case then yes you are pretty

• You just can't help feeling ugly when literally everyone around you are finding someone they like whereas I haven't been approached for years. Social media can kill your confidence when you don't go out haha.. It's alright if you feel that way, I honestly don't blame you after seeing all of this unexpected positive feedback. Thank you kindly for your honesty!

• your hurting my feelings by even questioning your beauty smh hope you get better soon

• I am so sorry, it's very hard not to question oneself when you're always at home alone. I bet you're beautiful! Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my question. Much appreciated! :)

• You're very beautiful home girl, in fact... You look like you could be a VS model ☺️💅🏽💎✨

• Wow, that comment was literally an ego boost! Thank you kindly for taking your time to answer my question, I appreciate it a lot! I hope you have a great day!

• unlucky because you're gorgeous are you kidding me?

• Isolating yourself at home while everyone else are doing great in their lives can really hurt your self esteem I believe.. Thank you for taking your time to answer my question!

• you can't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20. work on yourself and you'll attract the right people <3

• Your looks aren't the problem.

Your just unlucky

• Thank you for taking your time to answer my question!

• You're not ugly. It might be that 'the one' isn't here yet? Don't worry, I have the same feeling

• Thank you for your honesty! It may be, I hope you find your special someone! :)

• You're not ugly. You just need to go out more. You should go to more social events and try to get new friends. You should probably get a job because you'll meet people there. The simple solution is just to put yourself out there more.

• My uncle offered me a job so it might solve my problem. Thank you kindly for your advice and for being candid. Much appreciated!

• No problem! 😊

• You aren't near ugly!!! You are the total opposite!! You are so pretty!! Idek why nobody has approached you. I'd approach you tho lol.

• Haha aw thank you very much, it definitely made me feel better about myself! I really appreciate your honesty!

• Ummm guys are definitely staring but not in a mean way

• I will take that as a compliment haha, thank you kindly! :)

• oh fuck you, you're so pretty hahahahaha *hides under rock*

• Haha I bet you're pretty yourself but thank you! :)

• No, you aren't. I'd say you are attractive.

• Thank you very much for your honesty! I really appreciate it!

• Of course. It could be just luck. Some guys wouldn't approach me because they thought I was taken. I do approach guys I like sometimes as well, but I wasn't getting approached. They were usually startled and say "I thought you were taken".