What would you think if you saw a girl with leg or armpit hair?

• I'd be appalled. I'd think less of her. Gross. Unkempt.
  • I'd be a little taken aback since you don't see that every day. But ultimately I wouldn't care.
  • I wouldn't give a shit
  • Body hair is a turn on for me actually
  • I support the girl for breaking the norm that girls have to shave when guys don't
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually like it. My girlfriend has had her legs hairy and her armpits also.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahaha. Considering I shave nothing regularly during the winter, I feel a slight better about my laziness.

What Guys Said 21

• I have a bad association with female body hair.

My first wife was mentally ill (bipolar). One of the symptoms of a depressive episode is the cessation of self care. No bathing, hair left dirty, no use of deoderant, not changing clothes, no brushing of teeth, and not shaving.

In the same way that you could know the age of a tree by counting the growth rings in the stump, I could estimate how long she had been in a depressed state via a glance at her armpit.

So yeah, at this point in my life, I associate female body hair with mental illness. Not at all fair to the perfectly healthy, perfectly lovely but otherwise furry women out there in the world. Life is not fair.

• Gross, but it's not my body so I don't give a shit what she does with it. What I'm sure about is that if she tries to lecture me and whine about why do women have to shave, I won't give a shit either.
    No one forces you to shave, so don't be like there's a double standard.

P. S.: Body hair on both men and women is gross.

• There IS a double standard, though. Women are expected to shave or else many people find it gross and even shocking. People don't blink twice at men's body hair.

• @AleDeEurope: I don't think you understand what double standards are. Double standards aren't just absolutely enforced rules, they're also general principles. And many people absolutely do hold to the principle that women should shave. In fact, so many do in our culture that it is something of a societal standard. A standard which is in fact a double standard due to it only applying to women.

Basically, what you don't seem to get is that societal pressures are real important too, and that a standard is not simply a enforced rule, but also an enforced pressure.

• @cipher42 Why do you let yourself be pressured by others? It's not my fault you let people get to you. If you were more mature and independent you wouldn't care if people don't like the fact that you're not shaved.

@asker you get bad looks cause body hair is gross, like I said, on both genders, the thing is that people aren't used to see hairy women, so they see it differently, but if a guy was very hairy, it's still considered gross.
      A girl can dress as a boy, no one cares, but if a guy dresses as a girl, most people wouldn't like it, and most women would stay away from him. Double standards? No, just preferences.
      Also, what about guys who like to shave? I shave cause I think body hair is gross, and some women don't like it, so it's a double standard? No.

I wouldn't say there's double standards when it comes to being attracted to someone's looks, cause you can't force change, it's what you like and that's it.

• That depends on how much there is. I know a girl who doesn't shave anything (that ik of), but she still has very little hair. Its pretty much just peach fuzz. And despite that i still find her pretty attractive.

But if she grew it long enough that it layed flat againts her arms, or anything to that effect, I'd be turned off.

• I would find that kinda gross. I remember seeing a younger girl on the train a few years ago who had more arm and leg hair than I did. I was grossed.

• that's gross

• It's gross and it has nothing to do with "breaking the norm".

• Why is it gross?

• Is it also unhygienic fir men

• Of course, what kind of a question is that?

• Legs are generally fine as long as it's non sasquatch-level. Armpits are another story though.

• i just hate armpit hair. i remove my own too. leg hair is fine.

• I would not mind at all. Nobody has to shave.

That being said, I am not attracted to it at all. I shave my own underarms.

• I voted taken back. It would depend how much hair to lol

• I would see how much French I remember.

• 0|0
  • Seen it...

• What do you think of it?

• I thought seen it... lol what's the problem? I can eat breakfast and watch open heart surgery, do you really think a little hair is going to make me squeamish on site?

• Wouldn't bother me at all as long as its not really really hairy I don't mind natural

• What she is very natural. What's wrong with the hair on the body?

• omg, omg

• If a woman is comfortable being hairy, then why the hell not?

• deodorant

• What? By "deodorant" do you mean "you can go without shaving, but wear deodorant"?

• Not into the sasquatch look. makes me vomit.

• Seriously? Lol

• Yes, seriously... I actually get nausea

• What about if it's a guy with the "sasquatch look"?

• Being a very hairy guy, I will like her :p

• Asker, what will you feel of a guy with really hairy body?

• 0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Like I actually did one of my friends at school and it was kind of disturbing it wasn't just like stubble but more like a bush.

I didn't think less of her because its her body she can do what she want with it plus she's still my friend nonetheless... But it was kind of gross 😕

• I'd say ''snap''. I don't shave my legs often in the winter. Actually had an awkward encounter the other day when my date saw some of my leg hair (I was wearing trousers). He wasn't turned off or disturbed by it... I did shave the next day though lmao

• Lol one of my told TA's never shaved her pits or legs and came to class everyday in a spaghetti strap short dress.
    Honestly, it was gross to me.

• whats so gross about that we all have body hair maybe she's unkept but thats her decision

• Cool chick, especially if she dyes her body hair 😊. One love 💚