How do I look - will I ever get a bf?

I'm bored and I'm new here lol

I just want to see people's opinions on me

I've literally never a boyfriend, never kissed a guy, etc etc. I think I've had boys interested in me, but never the ones I'm interested in, and they think 'ugly' girls are pretty so my self esteem isn't really helped by that.

I don't find that many guys attractive, like at my school there's about maybe 6 or so boys I would go for out of 150-200 guys. And it's not that there are lots of cute guys but I don't want to go out with them because they're too short, too tall, like things I don't like, dress in a style I'm not keen on, etc etc. I just simply do not find that many guys physically attractive. Some people say I need to lower my standards or give other guys a chance because 'they might be really nice', but I really don't see the point in going out with someone I have zero romantic interest in just so I can have a boyfriend.

a bit of a rant but yeah

Most Helpful Guy

• You're too picky and that's probably why you've never had a boyfriend. You're attractive enough to get a boyfriend though.

• What do you mean by too picky?

• Yea I'm not picky like that. That's taking it to the extreme without a doubt. And I get your point.

That makes sense. As long as I find a woman attractive then I'm in the go. What I meant by lowering my standard is to talk with women whom I find attractive but not as attractive as the one's who I usually go for, who tend to be quite good looking and usually have boyfriends. But I get your point because I'm the same way on many levels.

• Thanks Jade.

What Guys Said 21

• You have a pretty face. I can't tell if you're fat/chubby though, but you have a pretty face. So you shouldn't have much trouble.

• You are very attractive so looks are not a problem - Yeah you are right you should wait for someone you connect with - You are only 18, plenty of time yet - By the way welcome to the site

• Of course you'll get a boyfriend... It sounds like you having no boyfriend is a matter of finally choosing one you like and them choosing you. Search for the one you like is lengthy but that's normal. You can speed it up by making the move yourself.

• if your profile picture is anything to go by, and that is the only picture at this stage that I seem to see, then you are pretty. can't see too much on the profile picture though so maybe try posting a picture and asking for opinion. just remember that you could get some mean people as well, so if you see chance for negative comment as well then try it.

• Are you serious? You're very pretty. I'm really surprised that you never had a boyfriend or kissed a guy.

• you not ready mentally to be in a relationship , same her love my scenario is worse then you...

• You are very attractive, I think you need to lower you standards that is probably the reasons why you haven't gotten a boyfriend

• You'll meet a guy in no time, you are attractive.

• Ow, I'm short :( (5'4)

Lol anyway yes you are attractive so honestly just find a guy you can communicate with and looks decent!

• Mate, there are plenty of girls under 5'4, and if they won't date you purely because you're not like 6'+ then they're not worth it :)

• @beacreaiveguy nope. I suppose I see short (like my height) as cuter and more attainable, but I only look down on them in the literal sense haha

• 5'8 is short for a man?😞

• Looks like you have high standards in terms of looks... I can be hard not like impossible

• No doubt such a beauty like you will get a boyfriend, just find someone who you really find attractive, with time it will come.

• Yes I think your a cutie so I dont think you will have any problems

• yes u will get a boyfriend

• You look fine... Why wouldn't you get a boyfriend?

• Haba! Haba!

• shut up and kiss me!

• hun you look fine no worries

• Yes you can get me:P :-D

• with huge standards like that, no, your not ever going to get a boyfriend. if you're looking for prince charming then no. its not uncommon though. the curse of western women. thinking they're worth more than they are.

• Apparently wanting an attractive boyfriend is huge standards, ok 👍

• guaranteed. attractive males are much more than 2%-3% of the population. ultimately its not your fault though. western women naturally have high standards. thats why women rated 80% of okcupid guys as below average attractiveness. if you're not stupid too that's 30% above what "average" is. western women value themselves excessively highly. think theyre all worth prince charming. good luck being single though. im sure your standards are just fine given how you've never had a date or kissed a guy.

• High standards implies that guys have to match up to a long list of specific things for me to consider them. Apparently I have "high standards" when my long list is literally 'I find them attractive and they are a good person'. Simply not finding that many people physically attractive =/= high standards.

and yep, how I percieve other people's physical attractiveness is totally related to me thinking I'm worth prince charming. If you actually read the question, you'd know my lack of interest in boys at my school has no relation to how they treat me.

I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than go out with someone I had no interest in just to say I have a boyfriend.

• Obviously you will get a boyfriend :)

• I want to kiss you.

What Girls Said 2

• Ofc you are

• U look fine. But if ur only interested in 6 guys... then it's no wonder U can't find a bf!