Do guys hate short hair on a girl?

I got my 3 foot long hair all cut to a pixie cut a few months ago and I regret it SO SO much. I feel like I'll never get any attention from guys because from what I've heard most of them hate short hair. I feel like literally ruined 2016 for myself by making this stupid decision.

Most Helpful Guy

• Short hair looks great on a lot of girls. If dumbass meatheads who only want a pair of tits and flowing hair no longer like you, then you're better off, to be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• The decision that might ruin yr 2016 is... evaluating yr decisions on the basis of "attention from guys".

As if.

You do you. You feel like chopping yr hair, chop yr hair and carry yrself with confidence.

Because THAT is what will attract the kind of attention -- male, female, whatever -- that you WANT.

Life's a runway. Walk it with pride. YOU are the show.
    If some boys aren't watching, it's their loss. Fuck 'em.
    Or, actually, don't. (:

__

oh, and, fyi, who are you kidding? You know how many boys LOVE short-haired women? How many grown men you can drive to distraction just by flashing them the back of yr neck?

Yeah.

What Guys Said 31

• I think short hair can look good but only a few girls can make it work. I'm into Kpop at the moment so here's a example of a girl who looks great with short hair AOA Choa. www.allkpop.com/.../AOA-ChoA_1449934608_af_org.jpg

Anyway you have to decide how it looks on you and based on the reactions you get just let it grow back out. I'm just saying it's not impossible to look good in short hair.

• a pixie cut is not short hair, a pixie cut is a pixie cut, just my opinion.

short hair is like neck length to top of the shoulder length, and it is damn hard for most girls to pull off, but when she does, it's so fucking hot.

• I don't really have a preference, but it has to fit the girl's facial structure, style, etc, to look good. The past couple women I've taken out on dates had short hair, for what that's worth

• I like pixie cuts. I knew I did when Emma Watson got hers a few years back. Really shows off the girl's face.

• Hate? No. Short hair is not an automatic bad thing. Some girls can look good with it. I'm guessing short hair is not for you. Well, it will grow back so don't feel completely down. You'll be fine.

• That was deff a terrible decision :/. Just tough it out and grow it back out. Now you know to never go to a pixie cut again

• To be honest, I think most guys prefer when girls have longer hair. That said, if you think that guys won't check you out at all, you're terribly mistaken lol.
    Anyway, personally, I like short and long hair on girls equally as much. Some girls just look great with short hair in my opinion, especially because it's something relatively uncommon.

• It looks so much better when it's long and down.

• Short hairs are nice, but us males are programmed to see long hairs are female character along with if you have curly hairs curled them, it's just do damn attractive

• That is correct

• Lol chill. Hair grows back, its no big deal. I like girls with long hair but that doesn't mean I haven't seen some attractive ones with short hair. It's probably that long hair is considered more feminine so seeing short hair implies something that may or may not be true

• Personally, I think women look a lot better with long hair. I think certain women can pull it off but I prefer longer hair. And no offense, but the pixie cut just screams "butch." I'm being honest here.

• It could look good, can't know without seeing ya.

Personally I don't mind short or long hair, they both look good to me.

• I prefer long hair. But yours will grow back, and the length of your hair is not the sole thing guys are looking at.

• I personally dislike pixie cut on all girls, makes them look butch which isn't the kinda girl i go for

• I would hate it if I had a girlfriend who got cut her hair into a pixie cut if she previously had her hair 3 foot long. There are some girls who are attractive for me just because I have ALWAYS seen them with long hair.

• I actually like short hair on a girl, especially if it suits her style and personality.

• Lol would need to seebbut yea sounds like u did

• I think girls can look cute with short hair

• I can't stand it.

• For me it either has to be shoulder length or longer or short... In between just doesn't work for me

• Well i like long hair much more but its not a deal breaker so no problemo

• Many guys love short hair

• Nah. I don't hate it. If it looks good on you with short hair then I would be attracted.

• I'm currently dating someone who did this exact thing 3 months ago, so take whatever you want from that hahha

• No I personally do not like short hair at all!!

• Yes I do. But it will grow back.

• no l like short hair girls

• Yes... please dont

• Depends on the girl.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 8

• I did the same thing, and at first people would keep saying things like "Why did you cut your beautiful hair off?" and "I liked your long hair more." But I think they were just visually shocked at such a sudden difference because after a few months when people forgot the image of me with long hair, I'd get compliments all the time about my pixie cut being cute! Haha I liked it a lot cause I didn't have to take too long to do my hair, showers were super fast, and even when I just let it dry naturally, it would look some what stylish. I kept it a pixie for about two years, but now I'm growing it out cause I want a bit of a change. Might dye it purple or pink or some other crazy color :D
    Some guys might feel a bit indifferent towards short cuts on girls cause it might seem a bit too boyish, but if you try some statement lip colors, you'll totally get rid of the tomboy look and give off a more adventurous cutie feel. Studies show that more guys like girls that are adventurous, and if they see that you're not afraid to try a daring cut and a bright lip, you'll definitely get compliments.

But that aside, you shouldn't base your confidence/ happiness on those around you! It's all about what you like. (:

• I also have a pixie cut. With boys its either a hit or miss, they love it or hate it. So many boys say I looked better with long hair but then there are SO many boys that love my short hair and say that I look sexier with short hair

• Noooo just think about rihanna when she had a pixie and Halle berry. Girl if it's done right it's gorgeous. 3 feet is too long anyway

• I feel like yes. Everytime I mention cutting my hair to just past my shoulders all my guys friends are like nooo

• I don't know I just got my hair cut short. I used to get complemented on my long ass hair a bunch and now I don't..

• Tbh I did the same thing as you! I wanted a change and I was tired of same old me and plus my hair never went past my shoulders so I was like "let's start fresh!" And now I hate it. Also, what does it look like? Can you link a pic?

• Actually, I have always heard positive things from guys about loving women with short hair. Just give it time, if it's a recent thing you just don't know. Think of how often you got a reaction before. Also it's winter time! Nobody is sexy all bundled up

• I wouldn't say hate, but there does seem to be quite a few that dislike it. They prefer long, since it more feminine. But who cares? If you love it, do it for you. Since you tried it and regret it, then grow it back out.