Guys, I'm a girl and I don't shave my legs. Thoughts?

I'm 14, a freshman in Highschool, and only last year started shaving my armpits. I have incrediably sensitive skin and shaving my pits are already painful and irritating enough (even with aftershave).. I was wondering how unattractive it is to a guy for a girl not to shave her legs. I really don't find any point in it! You can clearly see the hair if you come close and stare but if your 2-4 feet away you can't really notice it. I'm a dirty blonde so the hair is pretty light. I just know that if I start to shave I'm going to get ingrown hairs, prickly irritating hair, and it's just gonna be another thing to maintain! I live in a neighbourhood that revolves around the local beach so I'm almost always outside in shorts or a bikini and I plan to hang out with some guy friends this summer and I don't wanna scare them off ;( thoughts?

• Hair on a girls legs is appealing
    9% (7)
  • Hair on a girls legs are gross
    46% (35)
  • If the hair isn't noticeable I don't mind
    26% (20)
  • If she's confident and loves herself, then I don't care
    5% (4)
  • I'll love her with or without hair, her body, her choice
    14% (10)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Love a woman who is confident enough NOT to shave. For far too long, society has pressured and directed women to feel self conscious about body hair. Body hair, in certain areas, carries pheromones which attracts the opposite sex. Body is hair is supposed to be where it is, that's why it grows back. In summary, if you don't want to shave then don't. You're not wrong for not shaving!!

• Why can't the world just be filled with people like you

• Hehe! I have no idea? In a society where everyone claims we should be allowed to be ourselves its amazing when you do just that, everyone is so quick to point the finger, get upset and pass judgment!!

• Basically, its ok to be yourself as long as everyone else approves lol!!

What Guys Said 24

• You have the absolute right not to shave. I have the absolute right not to be attracted to it. Once you are in a couple, things are different, you get lenient. But it is so unexpected to see a girl with unshaven legs. I don't think it will play in your favor.

• Well, I've dated both girls that do and girls that don't shave their legs. It's not something that bothers me. I suppose that it's like pubic hair, with or without it, I don't mind.

• most guys find it gross and as you're about to find out, kids in high school can be really mean especially if you don't fit the standards of how you're supposed act and look like. even though you're supposed to be free to choose how you want to look, we live in a society that's very critical and judgmental.

• very unattractive. i shave my face everyday and i dont get ingrown hairs. shave with the grain not against it. dont shave up your legs. shave in the direction the hair goes. most guys are going to be grossed out by a hairy girl. just imagine a girl with a mustache or beard. its basically like that. smooth skin is a must.

in the end you can do whatever you like with your life and your body. but im telling you boys will not like it at all.

• Shave only when having a hot steamy shower and with good shaving foam (foam is better than cream and GEL is better than foam if you can get it).

Shave ALONG the hair, if you find that the hair is not being fully shaved, shave diagonally but still along it. If you shave upwards it will look like it was a 'cleaner shave' and in the adverts of shaving men always do it the wrong way up as to women but what you will find is that doing it along hte hair and then diagonally to finish leaves all hairs at the exact point of sprouting rather than being plucked out and painfully regrowing leading to 'razor rash'. Clean shaves are overrated, if you want it that clean go for a wax.

• Not shaving your legs will turn a lot of guys off sure. But ultimately its your choice and if you don't really care about that particular consequences then do whatever you want

• Do what you want, but kids can be really mean

• As long as it's not gorilla-like, I don't care.

• You are 14. Not sure who you need to impress at that age...

• Armpit hair is the only thing that grosses me out. Light hair on the arms and legs is normal. I don't care.

• You have the choice not to shave, but personally it's a turn off for me

• Grew up with tomboyish cousins, became accustomed to girls having hair on their legs. Not a problem.

• I'm a guy and I shaved my legs for state swim competition, now I never let any hair grow on them. I think it's really gross for girls to have hair on their legs, but if u think its good, don't doubt yourself.

• well, its about confidence...
    though in genral i think shaved legs are more prefered... but real guy will except as u like

• I am not even going to look at legs so it dont bothers me personally

• Bee free! Don't listen to other KIDS. Kids can be mean!

• E. I really don't care if you shave your legs or not.

• My parole officer says I shouldn't look at underage girls' legs.

• The only hair that should be on a woman is on the scalp and brows.

• Thoughts? Disgusting... sorry...

I couldn't care less wot u do though since I don't know u.. but I find leg hair gross anyway...

• Shave your legs you animal. Either that or you'll end up cuddling with your 10 cats everynight.

• Your yuk

• my sister started shaving after 17. in my opinion you dont have to rush it

• I don't know I love the female body hair, its not so coarse and gross as it is on men, and its so civilised hair just lays flat in the skin and isn't savage animal sort as its in an average man.
    And ih well, I am very hairy for a guy myself :(
    What do you feel of such veru hairy men?

• Hair guys are okay the only place that kinda bugs me is the chest

• Obviously some men have hair on chest and as I told I am very hairy, I obviously have a while carpet. Lol.
      Anyway it's OK, I know torso hair is hard to tolerate.