Why aren't guys approaching me? Am I ugly? I turned 23, degree in Electrical Engineering w/ physics got hired as a design automation engineer, nice?

Why aren't guys approaching me? Am I ugly? I turned 23, degree in Electrical Engineering w/  physics got hired as a design automation engineer, nice?

*pic above

Most Helpful Guy

• If that's you in the pic then guys may be intimidated by you. I also have an Electrical Engineering degree (EEE) and I can safely say that, although it's a generalised point of view in society, a lot of guys in the same field don't actually know how to approach women and are quite awkward around them. Also, guys outside your field and in the general public won't actually know about your education so that wouldn't count anyway. You said on another answer that you're an introvert. Maybe you should try going out more and getting out of your comfort zone and start meeting guys in different ways. That's when things start to take off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you go anywhere to meet guys? All that sounds like it'd keep you pretty busy. A lot of male engineers don't seem like anyone who may challenge their authority, so class doesn't count. Try meeting more guys in social venues.

• I hardly go out, somewhat of an introvert. I just thought it was strange because I've been surrounded by mainly men in school, and work... still not approached often like other girls, and started thinking it was because of my appearance.

• You're quite pretty - you probably just need to try to shake things up in your free time.

What Guys Said 47

• How do you act around guys? It could be that you are unconciously projecting the idea that you want to be left alone, your not interested etc etc.

• You poor girl. You are gorgeous. That may be part of the problem considering that most engineers are shy guys to begin with so they already assume a girl as gorgeous as you is already with another guy (who they believe is better than you).

Congrats on the education! VERY SIMILAR to my own in fact. I am an avionics systems engineer working in avionics software. I too have a physics degree (BS) and degree in engineering (MS).

• Can that really be the reason? Sometimes I just feel like I am unattractive, especially she I see other girls getting approached and not in my case

• I mispoke:
      "(who they believe is better than you)."
      It's "who they believe is better than themselves."

• Oh God, if that is you in the picture, many nice guys are scared to date a girl so good looking. It's almost like you have to make the first move.
      If you want, PM me about the specifics of your situation and I may be able to offer detailed help.

• It's not your appearance at all. You're very attractive, at least in that photo.

You said to someone else:

"I hardly go out, somewhat of an introvert"

That's your problem. A lot of people won't date at work, and if you're an introvert you're probably giving off vibes that say "don't bother me right now." You're probably spending your time at your desk then heading home after work. If you don't go out, you can't meet people.

Most guys need to sense an opportunity to approach a woman, and working in a technical field, you're likely surrounded by men who are introverts like yourself, so they're going to really need to sense that opportunity strongly.

• If you don't get the results you want by waiting, you need to get what you want by actively going after it. Start asking guys out.

• At 23 I was already dating (and more) my wife. But IF I'd been single and IF you had an approachable attitude, I'd have approached you.

• You're definitely intelligent as an electrical engineer and I'd say you're gorgeous as well. Maybe some men find you to be intimidating?

I'd approach you but I'm still in school for computer engineering :p

• You are very beautiful. Guys are intimidated by really beautiful women. You also are very intelligent which is intimidating for guys as well.
    Find a dance hall, example swing dancing.
    How is your demeanor or vibe? Humble or arrogant?
    It took me a long time to get the guts to talk with beautiful women, but now it's no big deal. Guys don't want to get rejected even in trying to get a conversation started, by being ignored.

• 23 + pretty cute + engineer + employed = if I was around you wouldn't have had to ask this question... LOL.

• Very attractive with brains to boot

• You are damn hot and your resume sounds like you have a head on your shoulders. Maybe you intimidate the guys around you? Or maybe your personality repulses them?

• You are by no means unattractive. So don't worry - you'll be approached sooner or later, or you could try approaching a guy if you don't want to wait.

• You look very well to me and sound very intelligent, a good mix to have

• And yet I still don't get approached like other girls :/

• Hard to say why - I see nothing wrong - Might be a bit intimidated by your qualities

• no... you have good looks + your intelligent.. i think you need to open up..

• The girl in the picture looks pretty to me. Lovely eyes..

• "Look at the degree on that woman!" said no man ever.

• If you want a guy you should grow some balls and approach him. You can't really expect to get what you want if you don't do anything to get it.

• You're looking great! And you'd have to be very smart also!

• They think you are taken.

• I don't think this is it

• Shittt I'd do calculus with your for sure lol

• Ugly? you're kidding right?

• No... You're at least an 8 which makes you a little intimidating to guys.. just make yourself approachable... Be friendly and just be yourself

• U look attractive

• You are a very beautiful woman. Maybe a guy could feel like you are out of his league.

• too pretty for most guys

• You 7/10

• If that's a pic of you, and you double majored in EE and physics, they're probably intimidated.

• I study electrical engineering :p
    message me if you want lol

• Make eye contact, smile, speak... let nature take its course.

• You look fine to me, I dunno why they're avoiding you

• What's ur background?

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 12

• I think this thread is interesting because I'm much in the same situation

But may I add to what others have said. You're not alone. I don't think guys really "approach" anymore, at least not in this country. I literally can't think of anyone who has been asked on a proper date and it wasn't on a dating site, over the past year or so.
    On the upsite, dating sites and apps are massively popular so why not give it try? I remember in first year we actually about it in economics. It's an imbalance of information, you know you're single and looking for someone, but all the other guys don't. So what dating apps do is put that information out there for everyone

• You are my definition of 'brain and beauty'. Temper that with a great personality and you shouldn't have any problems, otherwise, the guys around you could be blind! Try e-Harmony or Elite Singles, if the men in the real world around you can't recognise the gem that is standing right beside them. Good luck, my darling.

• Thank you so much. What is elite singles?

• Elite Singles is a dating site famed for people looking for a meaningful relationship rather than just hookups. I'm not too sure if there's a minimum age of 30 or not - you can Google them and see.

• Probably giving a closed vibe off. Plus some guys believe any female with a male dominant job are automatically gay. Never been a problem for me but some people are stupid like that.

• Because probably most guys are afraid they are not good enough for you and expect you will refuse them. Don't worry, you are beautiful. :)

• Why don't you just ask them yourself.

• Wow your beauty n success in jobs and academia intimidate them greatly 😉. Are you approachBle and reciprocate interest? They might just need the first greeting from you first?

• you're kidding right?

• Maybe they're shy. You're pretty.

• um, nice

• Your so pretty I want to hug you

• you're gorgeous. you look kinda lke the girl from buzzfeed

• they don't like girl with high degree or more education than himself