Why do men specifically not credit black women as beautiful?

It seems many men just hate black women. Well hate is a strong word, but a lot of men seem to not like them so much. Did black women do something to men for men to be so turned off by them?

There was a question someone posted asking which of these women were the prettiest of the group and many men said they were all disgusting and their hair was ugly.

People think they are disgusting?

I know much of society bases beauty off of European beauty standards, but to say these women are ugly or disgusting to me is simply insane. They're features are proportionate and i see nothing wrong with their hair. It looks clean and well taken care of, so what is the problem? I notice people bash hair as bad if it isn't straight, why would someone want boring straight hair? I notice women in general seem to be more appreciative of black beauty and in society in general women of other races will acknowldge a black women as beautiful before men other races will. It seems men in general hold the rule that black girls are ugly or unattractive, and even if she isn't ugly like the women above, they'll bash or down them anyway. From the looks of it they're considered ugly simply because they're black.

Black women are rated lowest and in the negative compared to all other races of women and this is based off of appearance not attitude or way of talking. Its weird to me that so many men find black women unattractive when all the girls pictured are so beautiful, I can't understand not being sexually attracted to someone, but to say they're disgusting is so unreal to me.

So can someone explain, why do men universally find black women unappealing?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should know the excuses already:
    "So many are mean and loud" = I'm a sensitive little baby
    "Preference" = I don't like because of the color, but I'll say "preference" so I won't be called racist
    "Stats show that *blah blah blah*" = I rely on anything that gets published because taking the time to get to know anyone on a personal level is too much hard work

But some wetback spic or a meek chink can have the meanest attitude, it's labeled as something feisty or feminine because she's "not afraid to speak her mind." You guys need to just admit you have a chip on your shoulders

• "I don't like because of the color, but I'll say "preference" so I won't be called racist" if someone doesn't like the color THAT IS preference, no racism here.

"But some wetback spic or a meek chink" Yeah, that's not racist at all... that's actually preference... LMAO.

• @DBAOracle I mentioned you because I can. What are you going to do about it? And if it has anything to do with using the Internet, you've already failed lmfao

What Guys Said 30

• That's because... white privilege and white supremacy is still alive and thriving, although most whites deny it.

• No not really i just dont find black women that attractive

• Dude -- this particular question has nothing to do with white privilege. Black women are hot.

• are you dumb? i just said i dont find black girls attractive what does the media has to do with it? iam not even American so dont start assuming things, i find white girls more attractive i just dont find the black ones appealing , wht its hard to realize that some people have prefernces

• I'm a man, and I don't find black women unattractive at all- in fact, personally, I find black women in general more attractive than any other racial demographic. The problem is that the average black woman on a dating site, doesn't look like those women above. She looks like this:

images. dailystar. co. uk/.../43439. jpg

In the USA, a full 82% percent of Black women, compared to 77.2% of Hispanic women and 63.2% of White women, are overweight or obese. In addition, a full 58.9% of Black women are obese (vs 37.1% of Black men and 32.8% of White women). Extreme obesity continues to be higher among women (8.3%) than men (4.4%), and this is by far the most pronounced among Black women, who have more than double the rates of extreme obesity that White and Hispanic women do (16.4%, vs 7.4% and 7.6%). In contrast, Black men have lower rates of being overweight or obese than any other male group (besides the Asians, who have the lowest rates of being overweight or obese of all, for both men and women); 69.2%, compared to 71.4% for White men, and 78.6% for Hispanic men.

So, in all likelihood, those results weren't because men universally found black women less appealing. Those results were because men in Western society universally find overweight and obese women less appealing- and black women are statistically the most likely to be overweight and obese. In other words, "ugly".

• No I disagree, I think black women don't like black women hence them constantly trying to have long straight hair wearing weaves etc. If you don't like you then how can any one else like you? Also universally? really? My friends girlfriend is black, I find black women attractive, many men do in fact. Why do black women universally hate white men? After all statisticly black women are the least likely group to date outside their race then any other ethnicity, literally all other ethnicities are more willing to be with some one of a different ethnic group then black women are. So I think you have it backwards, why do black women not love themselves?

• We do like ourselves, but unfortunately in today society if you're black and woman if you conform to what society says you're fake and hate yourself, but if you don't conform then you're ugly and unusual which most people don't like things or people they're not familiar with. Also, we don't hate white men or men of any other race it's just most black women already figure they think we're ugly since we're not the pretty fair skinned princesses that most men like and praise, so many black women automatically figure guys outside of our race think we're ugly and rachet looking which is why black women tend to stick to their own. The asker has nothing backwards, it's just you're not seeing it from our point of view.

• What? But we are both talking about physical attraction and cultural attraction. In my experience, beauty and attraction is beyond skin deep but in a society where skin color is such a big deal, it can play a bigger role than we realise. I don't think dating statistics alone tell enough but they do show discrepancies. Look at the stats at how white men respond to black women and black women respond to white men. Both are negative but white men are far more negative. Why is that? It sounds like you are saying it's because of black women. White men don't like black women because of the way black women do things and look. My point isn't to deny this. My point is to say white men are less attracted to black women than vice versa. Reasoning can be anything. I don't think black women don't like themselves. In this case, conforming is a form of accepting a reality and trying to do something about it for yourself. Kinda like wearing makeup.

• Also black women aren't the least likely to date outside their race. Indian and Middle Eastern women are. But being ethnically from a country between India and the ME, I can say that for us it's almost purely a cultural thing. Most white guys are culturally too different for me so I'm not interested and they're likely not interested cuz they dont wanna deal with my family drama. Makes sense. Is what it is. For black women, it seems like all cultural groups have a bias against them larger than the bias black women have against them. Why is that? It's physical and cultural both. I've blatantly heard many, many men say they don't like black features. Whether it be skin color, facial features, body too curvy for them. Do all men think like this? Hell no. Tastes are for sure diversifying. But for this particular case, I think black girls face more bias and may even date accordingly. can't be 100% certain, but its my guess.

• Do you know why you find certain things attractive and others not? I don't find black women disgusting I'm just in general way less attracted to them. There's very few black women that I think are hot. Even if I find them aestethically beautiful there's no desire there. Sexual attraction is not a thing that I control, it happens pretty much instantly and automatically, my programming decides what I want and it doesn't seem to be into black women.
    Scientists haven't figured out yet why white guys are quite into Asian women or not into black women, but I'm sure there's some biological reason, they'll figure it out sooner or later. I wouldn't think to hard about this you can't change it and there's no explention yet so really there's nothing to accomplish unless you want to become a scientist who researches sexual attraction preferences etc. :).
    If it didn't have anything to do with biology then every thing would be about even right? Everybody would have their own preferences but on average it would even out. But there are clear preferences visible so that means it has to be something in the DNA that makes me prefer one woman over another.

• erm i dont think there's much of a biological reason why white guys like Asian girls and not black girls, i think it just is a social thing relevant to the current time period cuz otherwise if it was biological, what happened to these genes in recent racist history?

• @Ghosted I was born and raised in Switzerland, I didn't really meet many black or Asian people while growing up but there was a black girl that lived close to us (me and the 6 other kids in our house) who was our friend until she moved away. Most of the immigrants in Switzerland are from Germany Italy , Ex-Yugoslavia &Albania, Portugal and Turkey. Even though there is also racism in Switzerland it's less pervasive as in the U. S. The political candidates don't say racist things, the media doesn't spread racism. There is a right wing party that is quite popular and sometimes they do get things passed but usually the other parties keep them in check. I consider myself progressive open minded and tolerant. I didn't really interact with black or Asian people that much while growing up that it would give either side a advantage or disadvantage in my opinion. I believe it has to be biological but if you think I'm influenced by society that's totally fine.

• being influenced by society isn't necessarily a horrible thing cuz we all are. its environment. i mean environment has a bigger role than biology in racial attraction since race IS considered a social construct and racism has been a recurrent theme through history. and tastes change very often with life experience and environment.
      my guess is since u haven't met many black or Asian, all u know about them is what u hear about them from outsiders. even if u may be progressive, the stereotypes shared to the world about different ethnicities is different. even look at TV. im an Asian girl. we usually play roles of smart women who date white guys. i can't remember the last time i saw an Asian person on western tv dating an Asian person lol black women will get roles involving attitude and often are shown to date black men on tv. interesting trends.

• I skimmed through some of the opinions and have to admit some of them are just ridiculous. Black women ARE NOT liked the least. The preference for darker skin-tones might be the least common where the person is located, there's a difference. I never look at a woman and be like "OMG She's so hot, I would love to... wait she's black. Nevermind" My preference is fair-skinned/tanned women. If a girl who's white or black appealed to me with her personality, I'm not going to give a damn about her skin-tone regardless of what it is. It's not about racism and even if it was racism, you as a person can still shine among most racists. How many times have I known folks that hated people from my heritage? Or had attitudes when they heard me speaking my language? A lot. You know what I heard a lot also? "I still hate your race but you're an exception." But I wouldn't be friends with a racist anyways but the point being is even if someone is a racist you can still shine through as a person and through you, the opinion about your race might change. Replying with negativity won't help your cause and will increase the hate/anger. I advise folks to get rid of the mentality of "I'm not liked because I'm black."

• I would say BS. Ya sure those black women above are beautiful, but just like white women and women of all other races, you have some that more attractive than others. It all comes down to personal preference.

If I am searching for someone, as long as I find them attractive, the skin color does not matter and I would hope that my skin color would not effect her attraction. My version of beautiful is not like everyone else's.

People who don't find other women beautiful because of their skin color, either live in fear of those races (could just be the unknown) or just don't pay any attention to their senses!

• I'll start this off with a joke first.

You said why are black woman at the bottom of the list.

Someone has to be at the bottom.

Ok my option and MY exlerince with black woman outside my family.

Black woman are mean and entitled.

Like I've never hit on a black girl. But when I ride the bus they make scene there loud they talk on speaker phone. They have no grace.

Now this is American black woman.

I've met British and Australian black girls. They were nice and kept to them selfs.

But becuade I associate the mean rude entitledness to black woman it affects all.

So now its too late for me to feel anything sexual to them.

Like when u showed me those women I'm like whatever.

I don't like aggressive woman at all and they come across as that.

Now you might be saying don't generalize a whole group for 20-30 girls. well stereotypes are only true if theses thing actually happen.

ALSO I learned felt theses thing young so I grew into them it hard to change ways. I m not hating them or mistreated them. Its just now there nothing sexually to me.

Also you can play in the visual factor of white woman on media.
    White people in general are wanted more than anything.

In Asian culture dont they associate pale white skin with being pretty.
    With black culture light skinned is consider more beautiful.

IN SOME PEOPLE EYES

Quick recap.

I don't like black woman because my life until 17 they were mean to me and emerbassing to me.

So I BIG SEAN THEM IDFU

• and I'm sure you've never ever seen or met a white, hispanicc, or Asian woman who was loud, obnoxious, or bitchy/entitled. because of course, that just never happens. the hundreds of bitter men on this site whining about women being awful towards them are all talking about black women. of course. ;) ;) ;)

• @thewanderingme no old Asian woman and old white woman are terrible. I'm talking about the woman I come across in MY personal experience have been mean spirted mostly.

And you are personally hurt that ok I guess.

Just like YOUR opinion on all the men on this site hate all black woman. Maybe they do on your

• What? So not true that black women are unattractive to men. I know a few who I found very attractive in high school and college. And other black girls outside of school. Other guys thought the same. You are probably looking at info taken from limited sources. Possibly live in an environment where it seems like this is true but in reality or overall this is definitely not true.

• I think its for three reasons:

1. People generally prefer to date among their own ethnicity. This is true for ALL ethnicities. Minorities are just more open towards dating other ethnicities, because they simply do not have the selection range as the majority has.

2. Several black girls ruin it for all by creating really bad stereotypes. They don't come from nothing, but they do harm all.

3. Black girls features can often either seem disproportional and/or quite masculine. Something many guys deem unattractive.

• Uhh all those women you linked are gorgeous and they have beautiful hairstyles. But you're right that there's still a long way to go with beauty standards. I'm hopeful that humanity will get there someday. Like with all progress, it never comes quick enough.

• Those guys are just trolling and they're assholes. All of those girls in the pics are stunningly beautiful, and so are lots and lots of black women. There are beautiful women in all races.

• I have seen many gorgeous black females in my life. Too beautiful to describe with words. The ones that I approached weren't very easy or friendly, though. They all turned me down. : (

• I've seen many beautiful black women.

• To me personally it is more the attitude, at least in regards to American urban Black women. Extremely rude and sassy, etc. However, there are some good Black girls particularly in the South as well as African immigrants, and they are very beautiful to me.

• for me, a lot of them are.

i m more skeptical of how theyre raised to be completely honest.

I've seen too many black parents not discipline their kids or care for them. they grow up unaware of how they are or having references to know where they are... often leads to them being obnoxious and not being able to function in different types of relationthisps.

I've dated them before. but most complain non stop and have this mentality to prove something and it gets kinda annoying sometimes.

• Most of the world is brainwashed by the "white standard", that's why!

P. S. I'm a black guy

• I find them very appealing.
    Also, just because a group is chosen less than other groups doesn't make them unattractive as a whole, or even considered as such, it just makes them considered "less attractive" as a whole than other groups.
    It's a fine distinction, but worth making.

• Dunno, I guess it's true majority of guys don't find black girls appealing. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous black women, and some have amazing curves which is just a plus.

I guess it comes down to preference.

• The west are white countries built on white standards. That's just the truth of the matter. In Africa where black people come from black woman will be held in high regard. Asian women will be held in high regard in their own demographics etc.

• yes.

• It's just a preference. I'm not attracted to them.

• Lots of them are hot

• I reject your premise.

• Different people have different preferences. I like black women.

• Sorry -- but black women are the only women who are naturally hot. Everyone else has to work at it.

• America is mostly white and that's your answer. You couldn't have come to a better place though to ask that question since this site is used mostly by white men/women

• that is not true , it is hard to find black women around here since i am from south asia ; p

• Asian women likes black men? Well alrighty then! :D

• There are differences between the genders, that we are attracted to that race can sometimes flip. For example a woman's hair can generally grow longer than a man's and guys tend to like long hair. That is something that black women have a harder time with. The women of every race has a slightly lighter skin color than the men of her race, and so darker skin is seen as more masculine. Which is where the phrase "Tall dark and handsome" comes from. Women prefer darker skin, while men prefer lighter skin.

Even most of the girls you showed pictures of clearly aren't pure black. They are mixed and have lighter skin colors than a pure black person would have. In fact there are very few pure black African Americans, do to the high levels of rape that occurred during hundreds of years of slavery.

European and Asian cultures centuries ago started seeing lighter skin as more beautiful on women. Snow white was modeled to be the most beautiful woman imaginable, and had skin as white as snow. Meanwhile Asian cultures had the geisha that would paint their faces pure white to enhance their beauty. Neither had anything to do with the mainstream media of today, like people try to blame everything on.

This is the same reason why Asian men have it so hard. Men are generally taller, than women, but an Asian man can easily be shorter than women of other races. Asian men also have less body hair, therefore lacking another common male trait. Overall these types of differences is why most black women, and Asian men are seen as the least desirable by other races.

• I'm not really attracted to attracted black women

What Girls Said 8

• It's because we're to unique and exotic for their tastes.

• I wouldn't be at all surprised if many dating site accounts are made by trolling jealous women and bitter men who are simply bigoted against black women. stop wasting your time worrying about "statistics" from online dating sites.

• This ^ i don't get why people care so much

• @mr90skid their live are boring, meaningless, and unfulfilling. finding someone else to put down helps them to pretend they have some real self worth. sad part, is that individuals even more insecure than them come along to read their nonsense get sucked up into it.

• .. Well said

• Black women are beautiful. No matter what society has told us for centuries

• Because we're loud, ghetto, sassy, trashy, obese, hate white men and are self entitled. We think everyone hates us when no one has ever given us any reason to think that. We just need to get over it.

There, that should cover the general consensus on answers you're gonna get. Just a little advice tho. Learn not to care. It'll benefit you more in the long run.

• im not a black woman but i know what u mean. i can't put my finger on it. its multiple things. i just think black beauty is only starting to be appreciated and people are only starting to look past stereotypes which sucks a lot cuz there are so many beautiful beautiful black women who people may be missing out on!
    i remember this white super christian friend i had was saying he would actually be okay with bringing a middle eastern or brown muslim girl home to his parents than a black woman (even if she was christian) cuz he thinks tht him and blcak girl would "look weird." yeh i can't believe he actually said that. i dint know what to say. people today still carry prejudices that make u double take.

• Why? Because white people.
    Black girls are gorgeous.
    41. media. tumblr. com/.../... af5uXS1r2b2hwo2_250. png

• that poll makes no sense

• The most beautiful girl I know is black. That being said I have to admit the average white woman is prettier than a black woman.