Is it true that the first humans came from Africa?

I am Ghanaian and I am proud to be dark skinned.

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly it seems that way right now. The first humans probably came from Ethiopia, and migrated throughout the world. There are a pair of scientists that are challenging that, and arguing that Asia is the first place, but they are certainly in the minority, and most archaeologists agree that Africa is the beginning.

Most Helpful Girl

• they say that humans began in ethiopia within the great rift valley where the oldest fossils were found, ghana is pretty far from that. i love ghana though, beautiful country

• This one. Yeah. Supposedly we started walkiing on 2 legs here : ))
      Sadly Ethiopia have a lot of misery now.

• Water, food, basic condiitions and education. Problems that could already been solved years a go.

• @OrangeBoy true, i was thrown off by the word misery as if there was like a high suicide rate there or something. i'm going to visit this summer so i guess i'll find out lol

What Guys Said 10

• Yes. The first people originated in Africa.
    But one thing I can never comprehend is the fact that some people think that they should be proud of being a particular race. You don't choose your race. Any accomplishments within your race still helps humanity collectively, anyway.

• Yes it is true

• It is true that's where the first humans evolved from our ancestors. Humans than spread out from there on across the globe evolving into different races to best suite their environments.

• It's not "true". the statement is well supported by a lot of evidence, but very little is know with a great degree of certainty in science. And TBH you look a bit old for me so I don't find you attractive or unattractive

• what do you being from ghana have to do with it? and yes

• Based on statistical analysis of genetic variation, yes.

• I thought they came from Asia.. Ye I'm also a bit jealous of your skin but if it gets summer my skin is getting dark as well :)

• So you saying I am technically a nigga? Fuck ya 8)

• "They" say our origin was in Ethiopia, if i remember it well...

• True

What Girls Said 7

• yup and then they started migrating I guess.
    took that in bio but forgot the details :/
    smthng about skeletons found with longer legs meaning that they could walk distances etc

• Yeah I think so.

• Very true! all humans did though many may refuse to believe it, but yes true.

• nope it is not true

• I've heard that Ghanian Jollof gives you terrible wind 💨💨💨

You should be proud to be dark-skinned. I am proud to be white.

Dr Henry Gates makes some interesting theories about Africa. He says that the first universities were established in Africa and makes various points about Africans being the first recorded humans on earth. I haven't read everything he has published but, as yet, I am not entirely convinced.