Does the gap in my teeth look bad?

Does the gap in my teeth look bad?
So uh... I have a gap in my teeth. :/ It's not that big but it's noticeable. I dunno if I should get braces or not to correct it but they cost a fortune, even with insurance. What do you think? Is it worth fixing?

and please don't be rude with your answers. Thanks. :p

Most Helpful Guy

• Just throwing this out there if interested.. you can get a dentist to fill in a simple gap like that with some veneers, easy and not a ton of money.

• What is that? I'm going to the dentist for a cleaning soon so I can ask about it.

I've always said I wanted braces but they say my teeth are straight and I don't need them.

• Does it look bad? I mean no I wouldn't consider it bad. Not ideal, but we all have imperfections, lots of people have teeth gaps, and it's something you're born with, so no it's not bad.

• Thanks. I used to suck my thumb a lot as a baby so that's probably why it developed. In my profile pic you can't really see the gap. :p

Most Helpful Girl

• No I like it and think it makes you unique and memorable. You're pretty enough overall to where it just adds character.

That said as someone who went through five years orthodontia because I have big teeth and a small jaw I agree with @azuregirl if it's the only problem, no worries. It isn't worth it. But I can't see your mollers to know if they are inline or if you have room for your wisdom teeth. The one thing I can tell you is of you got braces the gap is still likely to come back. I didn't have a gap but the teeth on either side of my front teeth liked to hide behind them. I got a permanent tiny retainer center in after braces and I have to use a waterpick because I can't floss there. It has also broken twice because my teeth want to move. My family has been seeing him for 30 years now and after 5 kids and my Mon we literally bought him at least his first Porsche by his own admission.

He fixes it for nothing but I have to fly back home within 72 hours to avoid teeth shifting.

Bottom line, my advice- don't fix what ain't broken. Ortho is a pain!

What Guys Said 20

• I like it, actually. Adds character. Now, if it were the size of Bobbi Christina's, I'd say get rid of it. She could've shoved a hot dog and a large fry through that thing!!

• Nah you look fine. I have a huge gap between my two front teeth. Sometimes I shoot water out of it in fun as it goes a long way in like a stream. LOL

• So many people have that... it's really no problem :D
    I won't say it's ideal but you know, people tend to worry about the small issues but as long as you're a nice girl the guys won't worry about the hole.
    They'll love you for it :D :D

• I'm not sure a gap in teeth is a big deal. I wouldn't worry about it. I care more about how soft your lips are than any gaps you may have between your teeth.

• I've seen women with a slight gap in their teeth like yours that actually make them look prettier. If you want an accurate response you should show your face smiling. Although from what I can tell from your profile picture you fall into the cute category!

• Nah you're good. It'll be seen as exotic to some

• It's really not a big deal. You're fine :)

• Yes, it is a little wide, you can wear braces to correct them. However if you don't mind it then it's fine.

• There was a girl I dated who had a similar gap, and she was extremely beautiful anyway. I don't think it's a big deal.

• You can whistle through it 😋

But really, it would look better if the gap was closed

• Maybe invisiline or something like that? I don't know. :/ I really don't have the money.

• Just in the middle its not that bad though.

• Not enough to mess with your simle

• It makes an attractive lady even more alluring. Don't worry, Rainbow! You are lovely!

• Yes, it does. This is a closeup of your face focusing on it! It's not fair to yourself:) I don't think someone who isn't checking you out frequently would notice, but that's more or less a guess

• I hated my gap and got braces. But it was a lot cheaper back then.

The results were great, then I didn't do the after care when they came off and my teeth drifted back where they were.

• i've seen worse, michael strahan

• Lmaoo dang son that's some gap, yea

• It its not that big if it bothers you

• yep its horrible and id never date a girl with a gap unless it wasn't visible when she talked

• I know you're a troll.

• You may have good teeth, but being good looking is something no one can say you are.

• Good looking.. HAHA! Thanks for the laugh.. 😂😂😂
      And looking at your profile pic.. and your attitude.. I think girls you don't date are fine..

• It's OK

What Girls Said 21

• My sister has that too and she also got braces to try and fix it, but she also has like 10 other teeth-related problems. If you can't do it now it's totally fine. Based on your profile picture it's not really noticeable so I'm sure it's fine!

• Divorced teeth are beautiful rainbow.
    Girl, don't you see all those models with teeth gaps. They're unique and cute. Lots of character. :)) You're seriously beautiful. <3

• I don't think it looks bad.. you're a good looking girl.. be happy with yourself.. and let's be honest.. US girls always find something to be insecure about.. if it wasn't the gap in your teeth.. you would have found something else.. think about it.. nd try to keep a positive attitude.. find the things pretty about you.. things that you find you should be thankful to God for.. 😊

• I mean, it's a noticeable gap. If it bothers you and you have the funds to do you, you should. But if it isn't something you really care about then why waste the money?

I had a gap that was really horrible. At least your teeth are straight. My two front teeth had a huge gap and were crooked (looked like a triangle shape). I got made fun of so much for it and I begged my parents to let me get braces. Even with pretty good insurance it cost 5,000$, but thankfully for me my parents were able to do it for me. They saved me a lot of future pain, that's for sure!

So, in the end, it's really up to you and if you can/are willing to pay for it. If it's worth it to you, do it. If it's not, don't. No one can make that decision for you!

• Yes, I always ask if I can get braces but the dentists always say that my teeth are straight and I don't need them. :/

And 5,000? I don't have money like that. :( I don't know what to do.

• I'm 45 and I still don't have money like that. But, I was quoted $6,000 including an implant. I'm told that just braces alone only costs about $2000. They will give you a payment plan, so you and your parents could pay it off little by little. I don't think you need braces, though.

• Your teeth are very straight, which is why I'm not so sure you need braces either.

However, if they are really bothering you and make you feel bad about yourself, and you can fix it, even down the road, then you should if it'll make you feel more confident!

• Yeah. I think they only get wider as you age, so if you don't want a super noticeable gap later it might be worth it to invest in some dental work now.

• OH - I forgot to clarify. It's not that it looks bad, I'm just saying as you get older the gaps widen so if you don't like it now, it's gonna just get more pronounced when you're older.

• Oh i see. :o

• It's a sign of beauty in my country to have a little gap between the teeth :P I know a dentist who told me he had some clients asking him to create a gap in their teeth. It's also very popular in the fashion world "Get the London look"
    origin.girlfriend.com.au/.../...8nu6nk-18nu6ps.jpg
    Your gap is small and discrete, just enough too give your smile a unique trait without being too much, so in shot, no it doesn't look bad, I actually like it.

• It makes me think of the chick on this commercial.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbeOIi4swxo

I don't think it looks that bad

• Oh my god, your lips are such a pretty shape!
    I think your teeth look great :)

• honestly dont see the point. its too expensive for something i actually think looks good on u. America's Next Top Model and my roomie made me find gaps in teeth really uniquely attractive

• No, it's cute. I had a gap between my teeth when I was younger. I kind of regret getting braces because I feel like my gap made me unique.

• Nope. It fits you.

• It gives you character, keep it

• NOO it's so cute I love it. You know it's considered a beauty mark in many cultures?

• girl, own that gap in somalia it's considered really beautiful to have, there's this cute nickname for girls that have it "fanaxlay" pronounced "fa-nah-lay"

• Any chance did my question inspire this one... Just curious?

Amd I say nehhh... Leave it how it is. I'm the one that needs to get braces apparetly having an underbite is just abnormal 😒

• I personally don't think so. I think it looks rather charming.

• No, I wouldn't worry about it because your teeth are even. A lot of celebrities have gaps in their teeth, too. What's that Michael guy that's on TV with Kelly Ripa? I can never remember his name but he's an ex-football player and TV personality.

I can totally relate to the tooth issue. I posted my own photo recently. http://www. girlsaskguys. com/how-do-i-look/q1888341-are-somewhat-crooked-or-missing-teeth-or-braces-a-deal-breaker-when

• I don't like gaps.

• No, your smile is gorgeous! (:

• Worth the fix

• Yes and yes. But if you're ok with it don't let someone else decide.