What nationality do I look like?

What nationality do I look like?
Sometimes people tell me I look African. Is that true and if so what does that mean? How do Africans look different from African Americans?

This is just my face. I don't like wearing makeup. My philosophy is why lie? This is my face and if you think I'm ugly, then oh well. I like me just the way I am

Most Helpful Girl

• You look Caribbean. My guess Haiti or Trinidad

What Guys Said 14

• Haiti?

• You're very pretty. The difference between Africans and AAs is that AAs are mixed from different parts of Africa and they usually have some Caucasian mixed in. Africans usually come from one trube and don't have Caucasian blood.

• So African americans look more mixed? That makes sense

• African or African American... i think it sort of means the same thing to those people. They are just filter out quickly.

• It's impossible to tell someone's nationality from their appearance. Ethnically you look African. From your clothes and hair I wouldn't guess you're American.

• Interestingly most Haitians have African ancestry, so I'm sort of right :)

• Not even a clue?

• Its in the Caribbean.

• My initial comment was regarding your question when you asked, "How do Africans look different from African Americans? " To that I replied, "Not even a clue?"

As for your response, "Its in the Caribbean", was your response a clue as to where you're from?

by the way, I like your 'philosophy'! Its not often that you come across beautiful, young, level headed woman with common sense on line.

• I understand now. Thank you :)

• Nigerian.

• dno nigerian lmfao

• Ur black, not even mixed no doubt and they all look the same

• African

• Nijerya

• wrong but good guess

• I see your word. But my English very bad. Because turkish peopele dont talk English. Why? I dont know.

• I don't know, but yeah you do look like African girl.

• Black American girl you have nice boobs

• Well an African American is some one who immigrated from Africa to America. Often confused with a black person. So I feel you may be asking how can you tell the difference between an African American and a black person. You can't. Just like how you can't tell the difference between a white person and a Polish American.

• They look the same, you could be Haitian and they would say that too

• Looks like I was the first one to get it right😊 My in laws are all Haitian but I'm white

• Yes you were correct

What Girls Said 8

• there's a pretty good answer here, but let me put it in a different terms:

African Americans are labeled as such for their background from African ancestory.

Spanish/Latino Americans because of their Spanish or Latin background.

Does that make sense? essentially, we are labeled who we are bc of our backgrounds.

• Nigerian? You're really pretty in my honest opinion though.

• Nope. Not from Africa nor my parents

• Wow!! Do you speak Creole?

• Yes :)

• You do look West African. African Americans usually have a mixed race look to them you can tell they're not all the way black.

• you look kenyan or angolan, african-americans look similar to west Africans like congo or cameroon and you definitely don't need makeup, your skin is so clear

• uggh, Africans and African Americans look different. Africans look more ethnic? Where African americans look more " Americanized". Lol, yes you look like you could be Haitian, Dominican or just sub saharan African. And your not ugly

• what is Americanized? also what looks ethnic

• Its a mix of how ones wears their hair, makeup, what clothes they wear, skin color (subsaharan Africans tend to be darker but like Ethipians aren't always) But then again you could be ethiopian. Or maybe black Europeans.

• Interesting. Thank you :)

• idunno i woulda guessed caribbean but thats cuz of ur style

• Jamaican or African :)

• Who would call you ugly? You're gorgeous. Haitian?