Self conscious about my legs?

Im 5'1and I weight 80pounds. Im perfectly healthy you guys, got it checked and everything. I've been that skinny my whole life. Well its getting hot and I've been dying to wear this new pair of shorts that I haven't worn but I don't know. I wore a pair of shorts a few months ago and I got a couple of stares mainly from girls. Ever since , I've been really insecure. What do you guys think of really skinny girls wearing shorts?

• Hate it
  • Other
  • Who cares
  • Love it

Most Helpful Guy

• wear what makes you comfortable.
    but don't be afraid to eat more, either. if you gained 20 pounds, you would still be TINY.
    I'm glad you are not so small because of anything like an eating disorder, but you have a LOT of room to add some weight while still remaining skinny and fit!

• I really hate it when people tell me to eat more. Trust me, I eat a lot. I just have issues gaining weight. I've talked to my doctor about it and he prescribed me something to help me gain weight three times. It didn't help at all. I gained maybe half a pound in like two months.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hah you must live here in LA -- it's been pretty nice this week.

Girl you should wear whatever you want to wear.
    Period.
    End of.

Yes, people will look at you, but...
    ... first, people just look at people in general. Srsly. This is the biggest thing. Most people looking at you probably aren't judging anything about you at all -- their eyes just happen to be looking in yr direction, for no reason at all. They are probably just looking right through you, without even thinking about you at all.
    ... second, you are smaller than most people, and that in and of itself will attract attention. Anything significantly different from the norm will attract attention. (I'm 6'2" and people stare at me everywhere I go, no matter what I am wearing.)

Also, stop listening to the people who tell you that you need to gain weight. You almost certainly don't. If you are 5'1" and only 18 years old, and you have a slight build, yr just fine.

Why did yr doctor give you a prescription that was "supposed to help you gain weight"? What did he/she prescribe?
    That's weird and VERY unusual.

• Thank you so much :) I don't know he prescribed me something because I don't weight the amount I am suppose to for my age. Idkk he told me I'm healthy but just underweight.

• If neither of those 2 things happened, then, this is just not acceptable. Not fucking acceptable.

Here's what I would do, if I were you.

#1, go for a thyroid test, just to make sure you are not hyperthyroid. If you are, then that's a major issue, with potentially life-threatening consequences, and THAT has to be corrected. (Did this dipshit doctor actually mention that?)

#2, if I were you, I'd write a letter, either to his supervisor, or to the relevant authority (medical board or whatever). Don't make it an overly emotional letter, but, just point out the facts:
      * He testified that you are in good health,
      * You have no eating disorders, and no disordered eating.
      * AND STILL, he wrote a prescription for weight gain.
      * Rather than suggesting things like lab work (if he didn't suggest lab work -- see #1).

Fucking fuck this shit makes me mad. And people wonder why girls hate their bodies so much. You just can't win. Can't fucking win.

Hang in there, babes. <3

• Wooww thank you soo much. You really helped. Thanks again ☺️

What Guys Said 7

• Wear what you wanna

• If you are 5'1" and 80 pounds you are very slender. I am sure you look great with short shorts on.

• I love skinny girls and shorts, so combining both is 👍👍👍 :)

• Haha nice to here that

• Babe post a pic so that I can tell... But anyways you are cute ! ;-)

• Think positive
    Maybe you were looking hot and those girls were jealous!

• Hahah I seriously wished but, judging by their faces, it didn't look like that 😂

• I haven't seen your body so I don't know but your weight is cool according to your height so I think you'll look good in shorts 😊

• You really need to gain some weight

• Trust me, I eat a lot. It's just how my body is. I've talked my doctor a couple of times about it and he prescribed me something which didn't help. I gained half a pound in like two months.

• Well go to the gym and start packing muscle then

• I love it

What Girls Said 4

• I had issues of showing my legs as a teen, I always wore long jeans, even in the summer heat. I thought they looked weird, that they had red pimples from shaving and that they were too big. Some years ago I realized I miss out on wearing pretty shorts, skirts and dresses and the freedom of not being constricted into wearing tight leans in the summer. The red pimples went away (they were probably caused by sweat) and I just accepted that my legs look athletic and muscular, not slender and long. We can all have the same body shape and that's fine. We just learn to value the body shape we have, and take care of ourselves to look better.

• Thank you. you're right:)

• The biggest thing you can do in any situation like this is embrace who you are. I'm the opposite of you in naturally very muscular and thick and I can diet all day but I'm still me and I can't change that. So I've learned to embrace it. I say if you self conscious about your legs than look up styles on Pinterest or google that are geared for naturally thin girls and see what they say and build up your wardrobe that way. You should love who you are and the skin you are in. You better work what you got girl!

• Wow. That was really sweet. Thank you:)

• who gives a fuck if you're skinny you're skinny! someone will always have something negative to say or imply so you may as well do what makes you happy because it's your body and your life.

• Wait, its' getting hot in the middle of winter?

• Haha yeah here in Cali it has been 88 degrees I don't know why

• Have you tried leggings under shorts?

• Not something I like.. but thanks for the opinion