Will people make fun of me for my hair? what should I do if they do make fun of me?

Im in high school and i dont have many friends to begin with. I sit alone at lunch. Im a girly girl and in beauty school that i take after school. Today my one friend at the school dyed my hair with manic panic. its dark purple at the top, but at the bottom we wanted to do a pink ombre and had to bleach it for the color to show (naturally dark brown hair) however the bleach came out uneven, so half of the pink looks like a washed out pink and some of it looks like neon pink. i have school tomorrow and on the way home today people were staring at me. What should i do if girls walk past me smirking and look they they are about to laugh, or they start whispering to eachother while looking at me? would you make fun of me if you saw my hair like this? what should i do about people staring at me? very few people have their hair crazy colors (parents say they are not allowed) at my school so i will definetely stick out. i have pale skin, dark green eyes, i am 5 ft 7, i have wide hips, big butt, small boobs.. if that helps

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally? I wouldn't really care one way or another. Of course, this is from my perspective as a guy.

If I was friends with you, I might ask what/why you did it, but it would be more for curiosity than anything. Just chill out and don't worry about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't make fun of you. I remember watching tv once, and it was an interview with Mariah Carey. She was talking about how hard it was for her growing up as person of mixed race. She said people used to bully and tease her all the time too about her hair. So one day she went to the drug store and decided to dye her hair. She was going to go lighter, and it didn't go so well. She went to school the next day and she was teased mercilessly.

The thing is, those people are now probably ashamed of how they treated her. She is now a very successful person!

Please don't let the high school bullies get to you. I know it's hard, but people can be so mean. What they say about you is really no reflection on you as a person. But rather a reflection on them.

When I was in high school I was bullied too. I love fashion, so I was always trying different things, putting together different outfits. This one day I was wearing a new skirt I had got and some boots. As I was walking down the hall, two very catty girls started making comments. I did nothing to provoke them. But I also never wore that skirt again. It really hurt me that they could be so mean, when I was literally not minding them at all, just trying to go to the library that day.

I think you should just keep being you. Try to find a group of people who will accept you. I was lucky in that I had a good group of friends. It wasn't easy to find them, but I am glad we all found each other.

Everyone who experiments with their looks has things that don't work out. Sometimes it's a bad hair day, other times it's a bad outfit. But one day you will be an amazing beauty guru! Trust me on this! :)

Just look at this as your experimental time. Try new things and hold your head up high knowing that you are truly being yourself.

Bullies will try to bring you down, but I find it's usually because they see that you are not afraid to be yourself, whereas they are :)

What Guys Said 6

• I really need a pic to see what it looks like, and I know you've heard this before and you think what people think of your hair color matters, but it doesn't fuck em. Someone says something to you punch them in the throat.

Or maybe people were looking at you be they like it. Or you could just be thinking people were looking at you more than usual but they weren't.

• F
    U
    C
    K
    T
    H
    E
    M

You do you, stop caring about what others think. If you like the color that's all that matters, there are always going to be people who do and dont like it. You gotta learn to stop caring so much about what people you don't even know have to say, they aren't relative in your life. I can guarantee you're going to get stares, just ignore it.

• Karate chop them in the throat

• Would wonder why the sudden change but now I'm so use to seeing people with different hair stayle

• Don't worry about it, who cares what they say?

You sound good looking, I love green eyes

• Dont worry you are fine.

What Girls Said 6

• Oh man, it's so nice to be grown up and DGAF about any of that crap anymore.
    Just rock it.

• I don't think they would laugh at you, and if they do so what? You can always fix your hair later :)

• Put your hair up in a bun until you can fix it and then a) get to salon they should help or b) you can get hair dye remover use that then dye your hair back to the way it was.
    I would normally say don't sweat it and that its just hair but where you are in beauty school it could reflect negatively on you

• If anyone makes fun of your hair, tell them that it's okay for them to be ugly. We can't all be as stylish.

• I get mocked all the time. So.. ll

• They probably will. I wouldn't, like you do you girl but some people got nothing better to do.