Why is everyone worried?

Why do people feel the need to ask others if they are pretty, sexy, hot, ugly, fat, skinny, funny etc? Does it really matter what others think of you? Did your mum never tell you that you are beautiful? Or is it a trend, and everyone thinks they have to fit in? I have never been asked this question by my children, I tell them everyday how beautiful they are as individuals and it doesn't matter what others think... Be proud and happy of whom you are, as there is only one of you. Its called uniqueness, we all have it!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like a wonderful woman who affirms the individuality of her children but some aren't so lucky and society pounds young people with a "Looks Count" message so I am not surprised by the amount of "Am I?" and "Rate Me?" questions. We have to find a way to increase peoples' self esteem and self confidence but I personally believe it will be a slow process.

What Guys Said 10

• "How to lose weight"
    "10 tips on having a perfect skin"
    "10 more tips on having a perfecter skin"
    "10 skins on having a perfect tip"

You see articles like that anywhere you look. Internet, TV, newspapers, movies, magazines, radio, any possible medium. People are constantly subconsciously told that they aren't good enough, that they need to improve and be better.

*puts on a tin foil hat*

This is media's greatest conspiracy ever.

Step 1, they (the media) begin showing you pictures of unrealistic, and statistically inexistent, godlike people. You begin to think that this is normal, even though it is statistically improbable.

Step 2, you begin to want to look like that, so you start researching how to get a body like that.

Step 3, the media starts selling you magazines filled with articles on how to "improve".

here's the beautiful part, those articles are a load of bologna, THEY DONT WORK. You become frustrated so you begin to search more material and the media keeps selling you new material that once again doesn't work. You see no improvement in yourself so you keep on buying different magazines.

Its a never ending cycle.

• Like the fact you put on your tin foil hat lol
      But why are the parents not explaining to there children that... majority of pics done are through computers, and therefore photo shopped. If they can make horror films the way they do now through computers, they can do anything.
      But Yes it is a never ending cycle 😞

• I dont think that its up to parents to explain those things. People should be able to figure that out by themselves, but they dont because the majority does everything without a 2nd thought. Most humans are like sheep. They live their life and do what everyone else is doing without asking themselves "why". Thats why they fall for scams and feel inferior when someone tells them to. Your kids just happen to be smart and thats why they have avoided the trap. I dont think it has to do with parenting because mine never had the "magazine" talk with me. Or the "sex" talk. Or any talk lol

• The media plays a factor that one should look like that and whatnot even though most people are beautiful, just the way they are

• I think we just get to a point where we could care less... take me as I am or happy trails! They will get there some day!

• Thats how i see it. I mean, you should be always trying to make yourself better but you have to love yourself. Lifes too short to hte who you are or how you look.

• You must be worried? You dont have a pic. Who cares what mums say they aren't looking to have sex with you!!

• I'm not worried. I have better things to do with my time than worry about whether people want to have sex with me or not.
      I have a teenage daughter , she often asks me why her friends care about all of these things, that's why i asked the question. To see if could make sense of it all

• That does make sense!! I been reading a lot on here. You can tell the difference from 25 down they mostley dont have a clue js

• Revel in the Beauty of your Experience 😍😄

• You hhaved a nice mind set...

• I'm always being told I'm not ugly but I know its all lies

• Why?

• It isn't easy as you say.
    Like I am very hairy and seriously I feel so weird and abnormal , insecure and inferior than other men and esp women.
    It isn't easy to accept it.

What Girls Said 2

• I suppose because now a days a lot of people are obsessed with social media, pictures (selfies) and want others opinion because it never really use to be as big of a deal as it is today. Ofcourse parents are known to tell their children they're beautiful, now I'm not saying parents are blind but they certainly aren't going to tell their children they're unattractive.. but some want the validation from others. It's true there's only one of us and we can't necessarily change in (excluding surgery) but sometimes the parents words aren't enough unfortunately.

• I think it depends I think the "rate my picture" stuff is just immaturity and attention seeking but I think on some level we all want to get someone's approval? And it's a confidence boost if someone finds you attractive