Thoughts on beards (just for fun haha, kind of bored)?

Just for fun. ;)
Guys : Do you have a beard? Do you have one because you want one or because your girlfriend wants you to have one?
girls : do beards make guys more appealing to you? Are they hot or nasty?

• I'm a guy, I have a beard because I want to. *manly grunt* . Shaving is for the weak.
  • I'm a guy, I have a beard because my girlfriend thinks it's hot.
  • I'm a guy, I don't have a beard.
  • I'm a girl, I looooove beards. so hot.
  • I'm a girl. Beards are ew. Maybe there's like, living things in it.
  • I'm a unicorn (see results)
  • I'm a girl/guy, and idgaf about beards.

Most Helpful Guy

• Beards... good topic.

My username is in part, a reference to the color of my beard. I could not grow a beard when I joined the Navy. I could not have one while I was in. On returning to civilian life, I decided to grow a beard because I could (in both senses). I've had one almost continuously ever since.

I did have to shave it off down to a mustache twice, once for food service employment and once because my kids messed with the settings on my beard trimmer.

Originally, I had a full beard. On the off handed recommendation of a roommate, I trimmed it down to a goatee. I try to keep it shorter than 1/4 of an inch. Longer than that and it starts to itch.

My wife has only seen me without my beard for 1 week, that was the kid's fault. She likes it, but not if it gets too long.

As I have grown older, I have lost some pigment in some patches of skin (back of both hands, the inside of both wrists, and curiously, a spot below my chin on my neck). The beard helps conceal this spot, especially in summer when the rest if my face is tan.

The meaning of my beard:
    - it's part of my identity since leaving the Navy
    - my wife likes it
    - my children think I look strange without it
    - it's good camouflage for a benign skin condition

• Lol "my children think I look strange without it" I saw this video where a guy shaves and his baby girl doesn't recognise him and starts crying. Poor thing was scared to death.

• My youngest is 16 so that isn't going to be a problem. I do take note that when I see very young children with their parents at a store or some such, they seem drawn to my beard and my glasses. It makes sense I guess as those things are not on every face. Those things make my face unique and therefore (for the little ones anyway) worth a look.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• My wife and I share a mutual agreement.

She doesn't like me to have a beard on my face because she doesn't like to kiss a beard. So I shave my beard.

In exchange, I don't like her to have a beard on her crotch because I don't like to kiss a beard. So she saves her crotch.

• hahaha I wasn't expecting the last bit of your opinion but it made me laugh.

• I got one because I think I look better with a beard than I do clean shaven. Every once and a while, I might trim it into more of a goatee, and I've shaved it off entirely a couple times (for work, mostly). If I was with a woman that I really liked that didn't like it, I might shave it, but most women I've kissed and whatnot have said that mine isn't unpleasant while kissing, and some seem to enjoy it.

• I only get a stubble and shave. 1-2 times per week is enough for me. I don't like having a beard because I didn't like how it made me look when I first tried growing it. Plus, being shaven makes me feel cleaner and a greater joy to touch. Smooth. I do it for myself because I don't have a girlfriend.

• Beards rule

• I have a beard. Not a full one.

Those guys in the pictures look like they can't even change a flat tire lol that's not the way of the beard I am afraid.

• Don't have a beard but some beards look badass! Like Eddards beard from game of thrones. I miss him RIP

• Oh yeah 😍 I was more a fan of Khal Drogo's one, so majestic haha

• Too bad he's dead too. The Hound has an epic beard! I hope him and his brother have an epic duel in Season 6.

• I think you look better without one! oh sorry... beards on guys? I think they can start to look a little gross once they get beyond a certain point!

• You forgot the other option... Being too lazy to shave. Beards suck ass. I hate facial hair. Plus, there's that inbetween point of no beard and full beard where you just are itchy for 2-4 weeks.

• I had a long thick Beard for a while It was cool and the girls liked it

• Im a unicorn

• I have a beard just because. It's not a macho thing, I've just had facial hair of some sort for my entire adult life. I get compliments on the beard.

• I don't like the way a beard looks and grows on me so I don't have one. I also don't like being clean shaven as I feel it makes me look really young. So I prefer to sport some stubble to find a balance.

• can't grow 1. It looks itchy

• I have a beard very similar to the guy on the second picture. I guess it depends from country to country but here most chicks likes them. and for me its just an obvious choice. It's a bit more manly.

• i dont have a beard but shave about every 2 weeks when it starts to bother me. but i have a mustache

• I look much better without facial hair.

• I have one because I think I look better with it

• These pictures are great, it's 50/50 with me sometimes I have a go tee The rest of the time I shave it off. Or if I don't feel like it's just there.

• The day I got out of the service was the day I stopped shaving.

• I want a beard but do not have one

• Yeah it doesn't grow very well on some guys... My bro also wants one but he can't grow one. I looks patchy and disgusting.
      But hey, you're only 18, it might change :)

• Yeah, I hope so too. At the moment it is all patchy and disgusting, which is kind of discouraging lol.

• I want to grow a beard but it grows so slow and I won't get a full beard so I keep it short.

• Some guys don't look good in a beard.

• ı m king of the beard.)

• i got one and i like it

• I would prefer to have a beard. Shaving gets annoying.

• Beards and male body hair is a Male curse according to ME.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm not a big fan of beards on guys. I prefer little to no facial hair :)

• It looks good on some guys but I always feel like if it were to touch my face that it would either hurt or tickle.

• depends on the guy.

• The first guy's beard is as big as I like it before it becomes a turn off to me. I'm more of a scruff girl.

• ABSOLUTELY LOVEE THEM

• Oh girll beard makes meltttt 🍷😏

• I love a man with a beard. Makes them look more "manly" and more sexy. Ugh. So hot ! ❤️😍🙌🏼😋 lol if he doesn't have a beard , I can't date lol.