Just for fun. ;)
Guys : Do you have a beard? Do you have one because you want one or because your girlfriend wants you to have one?
girls : do beards make guys more appealing to you? Are they hot or nasty?
- I'm a guy, I have a beard because I want to. *manly grunt* . Shaving is for the weak.Vote A
- I'm a guy, I have a beard because my girlfriend thinks it's hot.Vote B
- I'm a guy, I don't have a beard.Vote C
- I'm a girl, I looooove beards. so hot.Vote D
- I'm a girl. Beards are ew. Maybe there's like, living things in it.Vote E
- I'm a unicorn (see results)Vote F
- I'm a girl/guy, and idgaf about beards.Vote G
Most Helpful Guy
Beards... good topic.
My username is in part, a reference to the color of my beard. I could not grow a beard when I joined the Navy. I could not have one while I was in. On returning to civilian life, I decided to grow a beard because I could (in both senses). I've had one almost continuously ever since.
I did have to shave it off down to a mustache twice, once for food service employment and once because my kids messed with the settings on my beard trimmer.
Originally, I had a full beard. On the off handed recommendation of a roommate, I trimmed it down to a goatee. I try to keep it shorter than 1/4 of an inch. Longer than that and it starts to itch.
My wife has only seen me without my beard for 1 week, that was the kid's fault. She likes it, but not if it gets too long.
As I have grown older, I have lost some pigment in some patches of skin (back of both hands, the inside of both wrists, and curiously, a spot below my chin on my neck). The beard helps conceal this spot, especially in summer when the rest if my face is tan.
The meaning of my beard:
- it's part of my identity since leaving the Navy
- my wife likes it
- my children think I look strange without it
- it's good camouflage for a benign skin condition1
Most Helpful Girl
beards make me dry2