Why can't black be beautiful?

I don't really understand this, on multiple occasions I've seen men and woman flat out say black people are gross and they'd never like a black person. I understand having a preference but this borders being incredibly just ignorant and disrespectful. I feel like all races have beauties in them and they all have people society wouldn't consider beautiful. But why is there such a strong negativity toward black people being considered beautiful too? There are many black actors and actresses that are attractive : Gabrielle Union , Halle Berry , Meagan Good, etc etc. So why can't normal black people be beautiful too?

No this isn't my personal opinion. I'm just wondering why other people feel this way..

Most Helpful Guy

• Black women are totally hot and we are not talking actresses etc,. I think you happened to run into some ignoramuses!

Having a preference does not mean you are all in someones face about it and refer to them as gross.

Unfortunately there are all types of dumbasses being bred out there with crap instilled in them... it is just sad!

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion you could be a rainbow colored alien and can still be beautiful. Things like color and race shouldn't matter. You can still be beautiful.

What Guys Said 33

• Never really come across this a lot. Obviously a dick move to say black people are gross and is probably some subconscious racism right there. I always thought there are lots of attractive black women (although my preference is asian/white) and I've never heard anyone say black people are gross in real life, on the internet it's just trolls wanting a reaction.

• Not everyone feels that way. I am white and have dated black women before, so, needless to say, I find at least some of them attractive. by the way, you're beautiful so don't be self-conscious. The real problem is (not only with this but damn near everything) that people hear something a couple of times or some idiot does something and then he or she assumes that everyone thinks or behaves that way. They don't. What you said is true and I have no doubt that the majority of people believe it too. Don't allow a couple of idiots poison your opinion and turn you against everybody.

• I'm not self conscious at all. I was just curious as to why I find people saying the offensive things they do. I know not all people are like that but I just wanted to know why from the ones that do. I don't doubt black is beautiful and thank you by the way

• You're welcome.

• Black people can be beautiful too, just like any other race. The thing is that we live in a predominantly white society, where only 13% in the US is black, and in the rest of the Western world it's even less. This means people are more used to white people, most are whites, and most like white features. Studies show that people tend to be attracted the most to their own race. So if most people are white, most will like white people and features that are typically white.
    Go to Africa and most will think black features are the most attractive.

I don't think this has anything to do with racism (I know you didn't mention it, but I'm sure others will think it's cause of this).
    I do agree that generalizing saying that black people can't be attractive is ignorant, but I can understand if most say black isn't their preference, at least in the West.

• what the hell. i donĀ“t get how you came to that conclusion. some people talk bullshit. why would you accept that bullshit as your reality? black can be beautiful. even you are beautiful.

• I don't accept it, it's mostly just a question for individual people to answer. I know black is beautiful im just wondering why other people don't.

• Nobody said they can't be beautiful...
    You cannot force people to love each other. It doesn't work that way. Also, there is no laws against being racist, as sad as it is. Laws are there to protect people's rights, not feelings (before someone brings up the subject). As much as it saddens you (and me), you are going to have to live with the fact that some people don't like other people simply because of the color of their skin. It's their right. At least, black people's rights are protected. Personally, I think black girls look awesome.

• Black is beautiful. People discriminating against blacks in terms of sexual preferences is just one of many ways that people discriminate against black people

• Ehhh. Some people are just jerks. I'd say the people in your first sentence are beond the border of ignorant and disrespectful.

You, on the other hand, have a great attitude.

• Gabrielle Union is gorgeous, I don't find Halle that attractive.

There's plenty of gorgeous black women out there!

• There are beautiful girls of ALL races, most definitely including black girls. Anybody who denies that is either A) an out-and-out racist, or B) has a really warped sense of what is beautiful.

• I wouldn't give a fuck about what another race thought about me and you should do the same. I see too many young black people especially women, be so caught up in what these chumps out here think of them. Its really sad that blacks are never content with themselves and so worried about what other races think about them.

• This is not my opinion.. I'm just curious as to why other people have this opinion. I could care less if people think I'm beautiful. I only care what I think of myself.

• Most people are into something similar to themselves. You're a minority, so more people will be into something else... What's wrong with black dudes? Why do you think you need to be desired by all races? There's nothing wrong with interstitial relationships. They just aren't the norm, so don't expect everyone to want that.

• I didn't say that at all. My boyfriends black I'm just asking why there are so many people who find my race in generally to be at the bottom of the barrel. No need to date my race but don't call us gross and other degrading names. I never said anything about dating a black person or everyone wanting to be in an interracial relationship.

• Desire is to want. So if someone desired black girls they would find them attractive/beautiful and black girls would gain attention from them. What I'm saying is that generally people desire people that are somewhat like them. People tend to get involved with people of their own race, so it's more likely that you will be desired and gain attention from your own race. The same holds for white people or Asians. You're from the USA so about 13% of the population will have a stronger attraction to black girls than other girls. That's a small number in relation to the countries over all population so the media reflection of what is desirable or beautiful is unlikely to cater to that. They market to the masses, so as a minority you'll get ignored.

• It's just numbers...

• A lot of people feel black can be very beautiful.

• Your beautiful

• No , black is beatiful :)

• Nobody said no one could love black people. It's purely preferences. I, myself, am not attracted to them.

• I don't know i dont think this is true! There is a few black ladies on here that are fricking sexy AF. Your pretty cute yourself.

• I'm just not attracted to black girls at all. If I had to guess I'd say it's because their facial features are very different than those of white girls

• The reality is they're some racial groups that are more liked and some are less liked. With a finite number of races, there is bound to be a first and last.

• True. But why does black have to be last.. It's a good point I'm just asking why it has to be that way

• Hope that makes some sense

Lets say we are aliens and we visit a human planet. One of us wants to keep a human as a pet lets say

Im sure they would equally want the light and dark humans. Both would look exotic like buying a chocolate or beige Labrador

But its obvious something has created a standard of beauty, whether its the media or its a natural human trait to prefer a certain kind. None of us can possibly know :)

• It does make sense and thank you for your thoughtful answer. I do contemplate that because in foreign countries, I live in America, black is the prominent race and they like thick big women. Very different to what Americans believe. So many women want to be skinny twigs and I don't get it. I like my hips and curves makes me feel like an actual women but some people would say I'm too thick and stuff. Don't get it. It might just be cultural. I don't know something to contemplate though.

• Don't know if making this up, or just stirring poopies.

• It's neither unfortunately. I've even had people say shit like that to my face and online. :T

• If you open your eyes and observe reality instead of listen to false idealism, then you would have found out long ago that there is a spectrum for attractiveness:

lighter = feminine
    darker = masculine

Scientifically-proven natural phenomena that is consistent in every human culture, regardless of outside factors (i. e. media, colonialism, etc). That explains why black women are the least attractive, whites are the most, while brown (asian, hispanic, middle-eastern) are in the middle.

• So pale white men aren't masculine 👀?

• For males, the spectrum goes the other way. Darker = more masculine. That's why we get the old phrase that goes "Tall, dark, and handsome (for guys); Fair and beautiful (for gals)".

I'm actually quite tanned and not pale, so obviously I would be masculine :)

• Please explain how this is scientifically proven.

• Everyones beautiful.
    No matter what shape, size, form, or color.
    You are born beautiful and you doe beautiful.

Personality wise its different, people who say black people are ugly are the ones who have ugly eyes. and an ugly heart.. those who can see past color and for can really see true beauty. They have beautiful eyes.

• My SO is black and *I* certainly think she's beautiful, so your opinion sucks!

• Did you not read the update that this is not my opinion? And I'm black myself so that makes no sense. Please read before you just tell me my opinion sucks

• Sorry, but I think I answered before the update.

• I updated it 3 days ago.

• Black women can be very beautiful

• Just ignore the jealous people, I find some black women beautiful like in any other race and they get even more beautiful when its summer cuz their skin will shine, it looks so good :)

• I think black women are beautiful.

• i have a real thing for black women. I find black girls extremely attractive.

• No i dont like pale girls or either black (only physical appearence and no offence) i want brown or may be little better.

• That wasn't answering my question but Ohkay.

• Wait a second i know a guy who is crazy for black. And morever if not hot why do you think there are black girls in Hollywood like the girl in avatar, star trek, flash they look fine

• there's nothing wrong with black people, its society that is ugly. Keep your chin up.

• Tinashe is hot.

• It just can't.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• 6|3
  • Eh, I haven't met anyone personally who had said such things about black people.
    Some people just have stronger and harsher opinions about other races than others. Personally I think some of the most looked down upon groups of people are actually Indian men or East Asian men. People just have this discriminating image in their head of what an Indian or Chinese dude looks like, so their mind sort of becomes fixed onto the thought that they don't like what they see (in their mind). And so whenever they see a Chinese or Indian guy they tend to overly focus on their flaws rather than their beauty. This happens more often when the person has not associated with that group of people a lot.

• Honestly love, if black couldn't be beautiful then so many women wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars and making major health risks to achieve the physical features they were not born with that black women commonly have.

• Black is and has always been beautiful despite centuries of society telling us we're not. Or we're not good enough if our skin isn't lighter, if our hair isn't straighter, if our nose isn't skinner, if our lips aren't thinner, etc.. Society has been telling black people we are ugly for centuries, but the truth is black people are very beautiful. The only way whites could elevate their beauty and make us feel bad for our own and to demean was to make us hate ourselves. So no, black is very beautiful and they know it. They're threatened by our uniqueness and beauty, jealous of it even.

• They're covert racist.

This explains it.
    No matter how they try to cover it up, or disguise it, there's no way you find an entire race ugly unless you're associating them with negative stigmas and you heavily hate their features.

• I don't think it's as widespread as you suggest so you'll have to ask the individuals who you hear that from. I personally think there is beauty in all races.

• it can. no one said it can't.

• Black Beauty was gorgeous... haha no I'm kidding a bit of equine humor. Some of the most beautiful people are black in my opinion... Tyra Banks, Tyrone, etc

• it doesn't matter whether racists acknowledge it or not. it doesn't diminish our beauty whatsoever, no effect on us. racists are usually ugly anyways, they're projecting their inferiority on others so they can feel better about themselves. don't bother dwelling on it too much

• I don't know how many times I see this but it's so stupid. Those people are racist or jealous. Come on look at all these black women who don't age like us white people do! Put 2 and 2 together you beautiful human being! Cheers

• David bowie's wife is still beautiful

• Back people aren't less attractive than other races. I've seen PLENTY of attractive black people. There are some who I think are drop dead gorgeous. I've seen a lot who are better than some people of other races

• Because unfortunately the world is full of idiots who fail to see the beauty in all shades.

• Black is beautiful.. 💜💜✨

• Most people are ugly anyway.

• We are moving into a more.. i want to say post white era. And i think exotic beauty will be celebrated, in the future most people will be mixed race so that will most likely be seen as the ultimate beauty. And Halle Berrry is mixed not black she obviosuly has European facial features, she is just dark skinnned.

• Black is beautiful. I like people of all races. I feel that some people are afraid of what people would think (like that old racist uncle, or racist parents). Also people are just stupid... All races have the potential to be attractive in my case. Black is beautiful we have nice bone structures, we have beautiful brown skin, and that curly hair to die for.

• Why do black people always make themselves the victims of society?

• @Rick-Lewis Wow, take a chill pill. Actually, while you're at it, take a hike as well. Just because back people couldn't stand up for themselves and were slaves for decades doesn't mean you get to complain about everything like babies. Get over it, it wasn't even you who suffered it.

• Thank you you racist for your obvious ignorance.

• And the fact that your anonymous says a lot about how bold you really are. Talk a lot of smack for someone with no face. Call me a n** in person and see how far that gets you In life. If your going to be racist at least don't hide it. Be bold in your racism.. Or an in the closet coward. That's cool too.

• Maybe people who don't know very many black people think the "ratchet club ho" stereotype is the only flavor.

www.dumbdrops.com/.../...-hootrats-ratchetness.jpg

Forgetting about "Peoole of Wal Mart" which highlights some fine specimens of every race!

media.peopleofwalmart.com/.../5310.jpg

• I agree with you, I find all races have beauties (or handsomeness) in them. Lupita Nyong'o is on the top of my beauty lists, she's so stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/2bYODPE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D2ge6ot.jpg