Are common/familiar faces boring/unattractive?

(Here's the link to the question )
I posted a question on here last night asking if I had a common looking face (I posted it with a picture) and the majority said yes. A few people also even commented that I had a typical/average looking face. I was just wondering what that means in terms of looks.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it is actually the exact opposite:

"That composite faces tend to be judged as more attractive than their constituent images led many researchers to conclude that ‘attractive faces are only average’. In other words, many researchers that had noted the high attractiveness of composite faces proposed that averageness is the critical determinant of attractiveness. This is often referred to as the ‘Averageness Hypothesis’."

Source: http://faceresearch.org/students/averageness

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I think they were a bit harsh - I think your face is pretty

• you have a beautiful face, don't worry about it :)

• well, let's use logic for a minute
    1- since a lot of people are average... using the definition of average, wouldn't that make you more desirable?
    2- if the majority say it's boring and unattractive, what are you gonna do about it? get plastic surgery? put on a new face?

• Well I guess I could start wearing dramatic makeup or something to make my face less boring 😁

• look up the golden ratio

• I ordered one of your films from Amazon. It just came in the mail today.

• Boring

• Should I be offended by that?

• well many people tell me i look like someone they know, on the other hands many girl say i really good looking , so you're logic is flawed.

What Girls Said 2

• No it just means it's common. Also, everyone sees people differently. There are lots of people that are widely considered attractive that I don't think are (Taylor Lautner for example). But I think you're pretty :)

• They're not unattractive they're just boring.

• No one likes boring.. I think that I'll try some dramatic makeup, that seems like the best bet. Thank you for your opinion

• Boring is better than ugly. Boring is a good blank canvas anyway