Honestly, would you date a chubby girl/guy?

I m around 5'5 tall, 120 pounds, I've got some really nice clothes and high heels (I work as a designer for a haute couture brand), I also like boxing and martial arts, most of my friends are guys, both my guy friends and girl friends think I 've got amazing personality and high EQ. But since I' m a bit chubby and I've got a round chubby face, 17 years in my life have passed and never had a date.
Last year I had a crush on a cute guy, he's cute looking and friendly, he also had a crush on me, but he never ask me out for date because he's more of a player, always dating tall slim girls. All my friends suggest me to lose weight and be more femine, some of them were straight forward and even told me I'm ugly compare to the popular girls he's dating, he'ill probably feel ashame for dating me. It sounds mean but guess it's the truth.
Seriously, is body shape more important than personality?

• I would date a chubby girl/guy as long as she/he has good personality.
  • No, they disgust me.
  • Depends on how chubby he/she is.
K I'm here to make it a little clearer, you might be confuse by those numbers indeed it sound quite normal, and in fact I am normal size, neither slim nor fat, but my face is quite round. Also, compare to the tall slim girls my crush has been dating, I'm relatively fat and short. (His ex was 6 ft 126 lbs :(((

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I dont think you are chubby, 5'5 and 120? That seems like a pretty normal weight to me. I am only 6 inches taller then you and I weigh 170, and I'm not chubby at all. If you were like 160 though then I would tell you to hit the gym, we all have our areas that we need to work on. I need to work on being nicer to people, some girls need to work on being less selfish, and fat girls need to lose weight. They have it easy, its hard for me to be nice when I am also very direct and honest, fat girls can just hit the gym and cut big macs and soda out of their diet and they will be good to go. Seriously though I dont think you are that fat, look up the normal weight range for your height and as long as you are in that you are good.

Most Helpful Girl

• The people who I thought were my friend told me the reason why I was so unlikeable was because I was overweight and crossed eyed. I didn't believe him and I honesty thought he was just taking out his ass but then I did lose weight and became skinny. And my eyes got corrected. feel like maybe in a sense he was right. Because ever since I was treated very differently. So I think most guys would not date a fat girl.

What Guys Said 22

• 0|1
  • I would be fine with girls who are a little chubby. Just not extreme. Cuteness can exist in somewhat slim, average, and somewhat chubby. 5'5" and 120 pounds is totally fine. Overall or at the end I say personality is more important but body shape is the first thing people see in you. Personality comes later. It seems like some people find one more important than the other to them.

• I prefer chubby

• your 5,5 and 120 lb thats not chubby. you have nothing to worry about.
    if someone doesn't like you for who you are they dont deserve to be with you. about not having a date its there loose not yours. would you rather have all the guys fall over you know or find the guy guy of your dreams in the future.

• chubby: yes any day.
    fat: no.

the problem with chubby though is: some peoples "fat" is other peoples "chubby" and some peoples "chubby" is other peoples "skinny". itยดs a really sloppy term.

120 pounds seems actually slender to me.

• I voted Abut your numbers don't sound chubby to me

• No i wouldn't, no way :)

• Chubby? No, I'm improving myself so I can one day soon date the most sexually attractive woman, not just women who might be acceptably good-looking.

• See, those numbers aren't helpful to us guys. I legit don't know if you look fat or cute enough to date.

• 5'5 tall, 120 pounds is skinny

• 5'5" 120 just by that i wouldn't say your chubby at all. haven't seen your pic tho. N those number sound dam sexy to me

• no. sorry, i'm not a chubby chaser

• Some big girls are hot! In fact my ex was a big girl, a UK size 24. A lot of people, including my friends used to take the piss but it didn't bother me because she looked amazing to me.

• I wouldn't date a chubby girl but it's ok because 5'5 120 isn't chubby at all

• I find chubby girls attractive so yes I would

• how do you know your IQ Is high? did a psychologist test you?

• I won't lol

• Chubby girls are cute

• I would actually prefer it.

• Dependa on how chubby she is.

• yes i would

• If she has a thin waist yes

What Girls Said 7

• I had a crush on a chubby guy last year! When I first had a crush on him he wasn't chubby though, but he gained a little belly fat during the exams haha it was cute, but he was also very tall and handsome.

• I would date someone rather chubby. Some chubby people have really beautiful faces and I like faces more than the body.

• 5'5 and 120lbs doesn't sound chubby at all tho...

• Dude, you're 120 Ibs. You're not chubby at all

• I'm 5'7 and 125 pounds, also do boxing, and I'm just curious what your body measurements are? You're saying your chubby, yet you're close to my size and people refer to me as slender...

• compare to the girls my crush dated I'm fat and short.:(

• What are your measurements?

• A. That said, the way you describe yourself I wouldn't consider you personality compatible with mine. Also, chubby or not, I have a type and the further someones looks are away from that, the less likely it is that Ill findthem attractive. You might just not be the guys type, mentally, physically or socially. You cannot have everyone you like. Deal with it.

• You have selfesteem issues. Work on them...