Why is 8 the most common or popular rating?

When I see how users rate others on here it seems like the #8 is the most common number even when the attractiveness in people is very different when comparing them. Of course each person has their own opinion on looks but I seem to see an 8 more often than other. Kinda surprising if majority of users here were so high above average.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because plenty of people pick the safe zone to rate others. That way they can let them know that they are ugly but still getting just enough credit to feel good about themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because nothing is a 10, no matter what people may say, everyone has at least one minor flaw, so an 8 is basicly the equivalent of giving a film 4 out of 5 stars, it means you're extremley hot

What Girls Said 2

• Because everyone on here is a kiss ass

• So true. I see obvious 5-6's get rated 8-9's all day. It's sort of annoying how people can't be real. Looks aren't everything. It's not the end all or be all.

• I don't think you've met me then.

I m not and I speak researched truth. people Haye me on here for it bit I feel people like u will appreciate it

• Maybe it's an OCD thing? Since 8 is symmetrical. :D

What Guys Said 4

• Not a huge fan of the rating scale as everyone has different values for their numbers. I think most people are trying to be naturally positive.

• Polite but not too much.

• Cuz 8 is the second best I can give and I only give them to brunettes :) . Only models are 9 I guess...

• It's abover average rating and hence most popular :)