A wise Chinese story for Valentine's day - Have a read and a moment of reflection about it?

Here is a story I saw on Facebook and I think it is worth sharing.
"An elderly Chinese man had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
For a full two years this went on daily, with the man bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the man one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house."
The old man smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?" "That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them." "For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."
Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.
So, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!"

Most Helpful Girl

• Loved the story. ^^

Though sadly majority of people are extremely picky. That pot just got lucky since their owner was thinking outside the box. Most probably would just cuss out the pot and then throw it away and buy a new one.

Which that's how people are with anyone that's like a broken pot. AKA anyone with a mental disorder. Sadly that's what I've noticed over the years. :(

• Good analysis of the story

• yay thank you for mhg ^^ and thank you. :) It just made me think about how I feel due to my own disorder. Then how my boyfriend is the only person ever to try and work with me on it.

• That is good you have someone who works with you

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Cute story :)

• Beautiful illustration of many metaphors♡ I take from it that our flaws create beauty.

• I love this!

What Guys Said 4

• This gave me goosebumps!
    I need to share this story!

• Ow wow thanks for sharing this story! I feel so much better after reading this.

• That was a very good story. Thanks for sharing it.

• I should probably make some very logic remark on why this is stupid, but I won't.