Am I too ugly for a Valentine (photos included)?

Hi everyone, and happy Valentin'es Day. Today, I took my family out for lunch at an upscale restaurnat, and then we went to go see a Bollywood movie. I saw so many romantic couples and the actress and actor in the movie were so in love with each other...

I will be 25 in the summer, and I've never come close to having a boyfriend, never known of a guy who had a crush on me (not even as a child), and I've enver been kissed. As far as I know, I'm not very desirable to men at all. Sometimes, I feel like I'm really ugly. If I'm this age, I've been through college, grad school, internships, jobs, etc., and I have never known or even had a hint that 1 guy was interested in me, then I must be ugly. It's really painful to see other poeple so in love, because I feel like a leftover. I can't help but wonder why no one looks at me and wants to be with me.

Below are some links to recent photos of me. Let me know what you think, and please be honest with me. I've never had a Valentine, and I think it would be really nice to have one someday. I'm getting older, so obviously things are not getting easier or better for me...

http://imgur.com/n4zj2Mi

http://imgur.com/BZGq49L

Thanks again for reading!

Most Helpful Guy

• your looks aren't the issue.

never coming close to having a boyfriend bears no significance to what will/is going to happen.

you'll hit your stride, just try.

• But if I'm already this age, isn't it usual or weird? Don't you think I'm too old to have have experienced those things?

• Do you really think i have a chance at finding someone to love me? You think i have the potential?

• of course! you do have it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If mama June can have multiple partners then you certainly won'te have an issue, not that you're ugly, you seem like a solid 6~7 from my book and you aren't over weight either so it's something else.
    Maybe you aren't confident or don't smile, maybe it's how you dress, maybe you just have trouble telling if people are flirting with you!(like me! D: )
    You might be too shy for poeple to think you are open to that (or other similar social awkwardness... I had that too haha) , or you're finding men in the wrong places, try a different method, maybe online dating, I'm horrible at telling if people are interested in me, so that was much easier for me. Maybe try joining local clubs/organizations or perhaps a new bar.

What Guys Said 17

• You're really attractive. And I'm in the same boat too. Never had a girl be interested in me or like me. I even asked girls on this site with pictures how I looked to them and they didn't care to answer so that didn't help. You need to go out more and be in social places cause you're attractive. Not ugly at all.

• You've posted something like this before; I remember the face.

If this is a legit post with legit photos, then bear in mind that the only off-putting thing about your situation is the attitude and self-pity. Feel and project assurance and self-acceptance, and romance will be no problem for you (or for anyone in a similar situation).

• You look lovely, but you also look taken.

Im sure youve tried this, but wear your hair in a low ponytail, and keep a crooked closed mouth smile. (Your teeth are fine, you just have a face for it to look good)

• Wasn't able to see image. Looks aren't everything. Additude and personality help more than women think.

• Your looks are fine. Keep looking for guys

• I think you're really pretty

• Thanks, so glad you think that. Do you think other people might think I'm pretty? Do you think I'm too unconventional looking or that I have an odd face?

• I'm sure other guys think so. Try initiating flirting

• You can be my valintine!! Very attractive hottie

• Messaged you privately for this one.

• No pics

• you look fine, but shy/reserved

• I find you pretty good looking, nice body and smile. To be honest, I'm not so attracted to your face otherwise, but I don't think you're ugly.

• What is it about my face that's not attractive? Let me know please.

• Judging other people's appearance is not okay. If I have nothing nice to say, I don't say anything at all. I do understand your want other people's brutally honest opinion. But to be honest, it doesn't matter what an online community thinks. One day you will find an amazing guy who will love you, cherish you, respect you and think you are beautiful on the inside& out. Stop worrying about what other people think and start loving yourself.

• @sparkly-crystal but she is in the very, very small minority of people who are normal in every way except that she's never even had a taste of "finding a guy", and she's 25.

Trust me dude, you wouldn't understand unless you were in the same boat.

• I suppose all our chats together meant nothing to you. For that I am very sorry, I really hoped I was helping you.

• Sorry to hear. Wow, never even been kissed? Good to know you have a good relationship with your family at the very least. Personally, I think you look fine.

• But do you think I'm downright ugly or unattractive? Do I look manly or transgender?

• Online dating LEADS to real life dating. I'm going to be brutally honest here, for which I apologize in advance. You're not manly at all, but you're not terribly attractive either. BUT I sense that you are a sweet kind person. Guys may not fall all over you because you're so sexy, but once they get to know you they'll feel differently. Going online will give them that change that they need - to get to know you - so that when you do meet they know the person inside.

• OP, you need to get yourself out there and noticed. Get involved in clubs; co-ed sports and whatever else it takes to meet more guys. Your not horrible looking and it's best not to think of yourself in such negative light. If your expectations are modest you should be able to find someone.

• Thats interesting... how can no guy want you? Maybe your too picky?

• She's probably not getting attention from the type of guys who she wants attention from. Girls who are in her position usually just want complete studs surrounded by multiple girls to give them attention.

• It's not that I'm picky, I don't have any men to pick from in the first place. They don't approach me, look at me, or talk to me. And fyi I know I don't smell bad or something like that. I'm sure it's because of my appearance.

• You don't know me or what it's like to be in my shoes. Just imaging what it feels like for me, try to have empathy. It's really painful and it gets me down a lot, it makes me really, really sad. When I was 16, I thought that by the time I was in college or in my 20s guy would like me, but they still don't even look at me or talk to me. All my friends have kids, are married, engaged, and me, I am not even close. I can't even get guys to look at my (ugly) face. It makes me cry a lot.

• You're not ugly, you look pretty and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• But do you think Ill have a Valentine's someday? Or that maybe someone out there has liked me in a romantic way?

• Yes, but you have to be more confident in yourself. and take a chance when the opportunity presents itself.

• i swear you are beautiful, gorgeous!, i would date you in a heart-beat!

• You look so pretty anyway.

What Girls Said 5

• Nah, just add some highlights to your hair... maybe Balayage? Some pretty caramel colors to highlight your face, give you a new look :) New look=new confidence ;)

• You're not ugly

• Your links don't work!
    But don't worry, many people feel ugly because they've never had a relationship. The main thing you need to do is get some confidence and be a little more social, go out with friends and have some fun. Dating doesn't need to be your no. 1 priority

• You look pretty to me. I really like your black sweater in the first pic!

If guys aren't approaching you, you can always initiate conversations. I've asked guys out, and would still if I wanted to date.

• Thanks for your reply. I just don't understand why guys don't approach me or even look at me. I am a really shy girl, so it would be really hard for me to ask a guy out.

• Do you think if I asked out a guy or talked to one that I might have a chance? I guess I am ethnic looking, and a lot of guys don't like that... think the whole blonde hair blue eyes thing is more attractive than being brown all over.

• I think you are pretty, but that is my opinion. I'm sure some guys will agree with me. Those that don't, you can just move on from them to someone who appreciates you for who you are. :)

You can start by smiling and initiating conversation if you are really nervous. If you want to go all in, so to speak, and ask a guy out you can, but if not then baby steps is fine, too! Sometimes it takes practice to build up confidence.

• Nobody is too ugly for a valentine and especially not you, you're beautiful! Im jealous. That doesn't guarantee you'll have one this year, it's not all about looks. Its about personality and especially about timing. You can't expect there's always some stranger in love with you who also has the courage to ask you out.

• Thanks, but how do other girls get boyfriends so easily? Why is it so easy for other girls and for me I can't even get a guys attention? I never notice guys paying attention to me.

• I wish I knew. Attention is easy, love is hard for me.
      Having many male friends surely helps for the attraction part.

• In my case, I was ignored by guys for years because I felt ugly and worthless and unconsiously acted like it. When I started going to college I decided to change, really change and I went out of my comfort zone many times. I might be ugly, but nothing's stopping me from trying to live like a popular girl. And it worked. Acting carefree, smiling a lot and seeming happy because I really am happy seems to attract people. It's not something you can fake, it's something you must feel inside and that takes time and hard work.

There's a downside to it. I had never learned to handle the attention well and with several guys suddenly liking me and me not knowing how to say no, I did some stupid things and am now getting a bad (slut) reputation. I feel like after that, more guys are after me for just getting some and less for a relationship. Luckily its not that bad because I still have many friends.