Whats with fit shaming these days?

I found this site recently called sluthate and i heard words like gymcel, butterface, manlet etc by guys who look no better than the other guys they made fun of and probably have much worse bodies, why are people demotivating others by calling them these things?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• People have this weird desire to insult others when they're feeling insecure. This insulting gives them a momentary release from their miserable lives and they can feel normal for just a second. They don't have the ability to comprehend this so they continue in an ever-downward-spiralling circle jerk until they turn 43 and they have to move out of their parent's basement.

• that makes sense and lol at " They don't have the ability to comprehend this so they continue in an ever-downward-spiralling circle jerk until they turn 43 and they have to move out of their parent's basement."

• In all seriousness though, on a subconscious level, insulting someone else makes them feel superior in some way. It's the same reason people bully others in school. If you're making fun of someone else, no one is making fun of you.

What Girls Said 2

• Those people are incredibly insecure and they are spreading hate. They need help, such as counseling because they are battling with inner demons

• what is fit shaming?

What Guys Said 7

• Sometimes i see people attack fitness to justify to themselves to lead an unhealthy lifestyle, make excuses, etc. It's absolutely repulsive.

• I don't fit shame, I just don't need to know every day that you went to the gym, how many reps you did, and see a bunch of selfies flexing. I workout five days a week. I don't billboard it all over town to get attention.

• Guess what.
    over 75% overweight/obesity.
    Fat people. Over 75% of America.
    Guess what.
    It's a majority.

Also could just be banter.

• People like that who are spreading hate are usually hiding deep self hate.

• go drink a protein shake you dam lifter ! : P

But really I do go to the gym quite on a regualr basis i have never heard of this : S

• Being fit makes me happy, but I'm always covering up my arms due to this fit hate. Its just how it is.

• I repped 225 pounds 73 times yesterday. Then I squatted 775 pounds 25 times. You mad bro?