Does my midsection look okay?

Does my midsection look okay?

Does my midsection look okay? I'm most concerned about my back. I am planning to lose some fat before summer, but right now I am eating a little more because I'm working out my hips, trying to make them bigger. Is that a good idea or should I start losing weight now? I am a little puffy right now (like temporary water weight), but I'm also sucking in. Can anyone give me advice for a smaller, smoother midsection, especially back, and a smoother transition to my hips which are naturally sort of square? I really want a line down my back. I think I worked out my obliques too much and made them straighter and more bulky. Will stretching make them slimmer? I'm fairly new to working out, but I've been trying really hard. I just don't know what to do about my back and hips. I'm looking mostly for fitness advice, but I would be grateful for any constructive criticism. Also, should I consider going for the finess model/bikini contest look, or is that too extreme? I know I'm a LONG way from that though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you look very well - I would go to a gym to ask about toning and fitness exercises for your own benefit not anyone elses.

• Thank you. That's good advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really want to get into the fitness, and specifically model/bikini contest then look into getting protein powders. Also for some people diet has a huge impact on their weight, so look into healthy foods and cut down on all junk and sugary things.

As for your work out, a gym is your best shot for getting the bikini contest body. And work out on your whole body, not just your mid section. Work out at least 4 times a week, and on each day you can either do whole body work out or you can choose which days you focus on legs & butt, which day for abs, then shoulders, chest and arms.
    Doing so will get rid of body fat in all areas of your body. Plus it will look better when your body is balanced rather than more fatty areas in one part of the body and very lean in another.

Also, watch YouTube for how to use gym equipments properly so you don't hurt yourself in the process and also so you know what work outs focus on what parts of your body. And if you don't have a gym to go to, order some Dumbbells and look up videos for home work out.

• Okay. Thank you. That's very helpful.

• Also as for your bloating. Mostly happens when you drink a lot of soda, or if you've become sensitive to other foods like wheat or lactose. If you're not bloating then it's just your gut. Even though I'm very skinny I still have a gut that's sticks out a bit.

• I'm bloating because I'm dehydrated and it's my time of month and I drank milk about an hour before took the picture. I really don't normally look this big, but I should have just waited until the bloating went down. It's just that this time of month is when I'm the most concerned about my belly because that's when it looks the worst. Usually, my belly is the only part of me that looks slim, except maybe my arms. But thank you for the advice:)

What Guys Said 28

• *Disclaimer, this is personal advice, not medical or actually to do with how to lose/gain weight*

My girlfriend's got this obsession with weight. Try to keep somewhere within the right BMI (google it) but if you're not quite there then who really gives a shit (pardon my French)? People who care too much about their weight are ironically less attractive and an easier target for bullies that people who don't give a damn about their weight.
    If you're trying to look attractive, just leave it as is. You've got a perfectly good figure and you don't need to worry about it at all. Aside from this, a constantly changing figure isn't something guys want in my experience because it means emotional baggage, certain diets and other stuff they have to try to accommodate and help with. If you're more nonchalant about food then you're likely to be regarded as a better partner.
    Any questions, comments or opinions, ask away.

• Thank you. That's actually really helpful. I don't go on "diets" though. They seem to put girls in a bad mood, and I don't tend toward heavy anyway. I might need to lose a little, but I'm mostly worried about toning. My figure probably is constantly changing though lol.

• If you want to 'tone up', as in gain some muscle tone, I recommend finding a sport or hobby something that used those muscles in excess. I discovered I have very supple legs after six months of practising with a roller derby team 2 hours a week. Most important rule though is to do it for fun, not to be fit - otherwise you lose interest. Also, just really don't obsess about losing or gaining muscle or fat. Not worth the worry and doesn't really effect you as much as people seem to think. Live however makes you happiest, be it cake and sofas, sports and electrolyte waters or anything really.

• Aww... That's really good advice. It really isn't worth the worry:)

• You look fine. Some of what you're worried about is your natural shape. You do NOT need to loose any weight in my opinion. You look like you're at the weight you should be at.

• You look perfect! Men and women have different ideas of beauty, at least when it comes to bodies. Many women thing toothpick-skinny is the most desirable, when most men prefer some meat on women's bones. The reason why there are so many commercials of models eating burgers is because men love it when women indulge (as long as they don't over-indulge).

• The thing about abs is unless you lose a certain amount of body fat, you can have the strongest abs in the world, but you won't be able to see them because your overall body fat will cover it up. Best thing you can do for abs is to eat correctly and walk/run every day. Doing legs will speed up the process as well. Like leg presses etc. Working out your legs can be one of the fastest and best ways to lose excess weight.

As far as for your back. There are many great and enjoyable exercises for backs and there is nothing sexier than a girl with a sexy ass back.

• Thank you for the advice. That's helpful, but I don't want abs. I think they look too masculine, but I definitely want a better back. I've been doing back exercises but haven't seen the results I want to yet. I suppose your advice would work for that, too. Maybe if I lost some weight, whatever little bit of muscle I have there would show more. I guess I just need to be more patient:)

• Well you don't have to go for a full on board six pack. Just the being able to see both of the side lines going down the abdomen is very feminine. And yes losing weight will show muscle tone. The most important thing to do when you seriously want to work out though is to eat correctly. And not work out the same muscles everyday. It needs to be every other day. So mon, wend, fri, sun, tues. etc. Walking for an hour each day does wonders as well.

• I actually get the two little lines pretty easily (when I'm not bloated). I just don't bother to maintain it because I'm always more worried about the little "corset muscle" lines and the back. That's probably silly though--to just not worry about something because it's easier to have. Thank you by the way. Your response is really helpful.

• You look fine ! :-)

• Your body looks lickable to me.

• I don't see what you would lose in the first place, but whatever.

• Not to bad you have to work on those love handles a bit

• all ok, just do some exercise to keep it toned

• Why did you suck in your stomach?

• To show whether or not I have any stomach muscles (which I don't) and to compensate for being bloated, but the bloating is pretty bad lol. I might should have just waited until it went down.

• thats dumb... No offence. You should've just waited till it went down. But you should probably lose some weight

• Are you breathing in? If not, then I do think that it looks weird because you ribs protrude out a lot further than your stomach.

• I'm not breathing in, but I'm like pulling the little muscles in.

• Your stomach and back look fine.

• Looks good to me

• Puffy yea and no you can't spot reduce, Work it over till you in desired shape you want.

• You're a fitness person; right? So can you help on the whole whether I should eat a little more while I try to make my hip muscles grow and then eat less to get thinner? Does that really work that way, or does it only matter if you're a serious athlete or something? Should I just eat less and hope my hip muscles still grow because I'm working out, and my waist shrinks because I'm losing weight?

• Nope, You eat more to grow And less to cut. Eat.8g/bodyweightinpounds and if you are bulking and growing, you are doing it right.

• Okay. Thank you. That's really helpful.

• I'd hit it.

• Definitely not for a bikini contest. Tip - Don't pull in your tummy while posing for a pic. It should look flat as it is. Do squats to get nice rounded hips.

• I know I don't look good enough for a bikini contest lol. I just wanted opinions on whether or not that look is too extreme.

• You too skinny for me but I guess it's ok.

Hoently u look uneven

• I know! I hate it. It's partly because of the puffiness, but I always am disproportionately bigger on the bottom part of my stomach. I think it's partly my bone structure because I used to be borderline-anorexic, and my hip bones stuck out more than my ribs.

• Looks healthy except for the 3rd pic

• Yes you're ok

• Your midsection looks great.

• you do not have to loose anything you are fine. you have very sexy boobs as well

• It looks so good, what size is your bra by the way lol

• 30G (because I have small ribs), but they look more like D/DD in real life (and about a C in those pictures lol; sports bras are not flattering)

• You can't!

• What if i come there just for you?:)

• Looks good to me!

• looks fine to me :)

• How do you look? Like an attention whore

• Looks great already!

• that is nice to see

• It's cool anyway lol

What Girls Said 3

• You look amazing already. I see no flaws

• Aren't you the girl we keep telling to see a doctor?

• No, I've never posted a picture of my body or made an anonymous post before. Do I look like I need to see a doctor?

• Ha 80 pounds chick is more likely to be similar to anorexic girl than a 500 pound one :-p and who lol

• @Polocrew Go to bed polo. You're not making sense again XD

• I assume guys' opinion are more meaningful, but you look fine to me.

• Thank you. Yeah, I would think their opinions were more important except that they're usually way less critical, especially about bellies. It's nice to here another girl's opinion because a girl is more likely to tell you if you need to lose weight and give helpful information instead of just vague complements like, "I like girls your size."

• I like my tummy bare too, almost as much as I like going barefoot.