Am I in that bad of a financial position to only have 1000 saved up? I'm 21?

I had more before but was unemployed for some time :(

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You have more money than many people in the US. Many people in the US are in debt up to their eyeballs. You have about $53 Million more than Kanye West right now (he's $53 million in debt lmao)

• I have a bit of school loans that's about it

What Guys Said 9

• You're never in a bad financial position if you don't owe anyone anything. As long as you're in the positive range, you're doing better than a lot of people.

• Why are you obsessed with asking this question.

• Doesn't sound too bad to me for 21

• thats the reason you had a saving in the first place. to help you whensomething unforeseen happens like unemployment. you just have to work on rebuilding it

• We all have financial difficulties at some point or another you can rebuild.

• It depends. How long have you been saving to get to 1k?

• Do you owe money o. o

• I have a bit of school loans here and there

• Bud I'll be working in my field hopefully

• Glad X3

• When I was your age I had less than 50.

• Well, I don't know your exact personal situation, but I saw in the comments you have some school loans. Before I started college at 20, I had about a good $25000 saved. I then left my job to go to a private college. I also still live at home and commute to college if that makes any difference. But 2 years of college later now and that number has gone way down and I'll soon be in debt most likely relying on private loans if I can't come up with some extra money. But even being in debt, college is a good excuse. So even if that money will soon be gone going towards paying off those loans, don't feel bad. In fact student loan debt is the #1 form of debt in the US. It is however a good idea to have some emergency money. I have an extra $1000 set aside for if I need it, and that money will NOT being going towards school. But I'm gonna say no, you're not in a bad financial position.

What Girls Said 0