Voted "hottest freshman" and "nicest ass" but no one finds me attractive?

Everyone at my college uses this app called Yik Yak (like an annonymous twitter). they have recently started a "hottest fresman" and "nicest ass" and apparently I was nominated for both and had the most "upvotes" meaning I was the winner of both. I'm not particularly confident about my looks, so I was surprised.

The thing is, no guy except for one has approached me at school trying to flirt (unless I'm oblivious to their flirting). If people found me to be those things, would more peope try to approach/flirt with me?

I'm really confused and it's kind of confusing/messing with me and my self esteem, so any insight would be helpful.
Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys usually want to know a woman is interested before they make a move, especially if the woman is very attractive. Then she is intimidating and the guy has a higher chance of rejection. It helps get a guy's confidence up to ask a girl out when she flirts and he thinks she is interested. Otherwise, it is like a salesman making cold calls... You have to expect lots of rejection.

What Guys Said 10

• they might just think you are too good for them. It happens a lot. Many guys are too afraid to approach a woman, especially if she was super hot and they weren't all that confident about themselves

• Maybe you don't look approachable

• That's pretty cool with the Yik Yak. I hope you feel good about yourself.
    Obviously people find you attractive, dude.
    Guys probably assume you have a boyfriend or something.

• wait for right person and right time, its worth waiting :)

• Well... I can give you my own opinion if you message me !
    I'm curious what the "hottest freshman" and "nicest ass" at your school is :P

• Out of league concept?

• Posta pic or two

• Either butterface or they're scared.

• Let's have a look

• Some men find women who are publicly acknowledged to be attractive in some way to be unapproachable.

What Girls Said 2

• We have yik yak at my school too.
    If they voted you that then clearly someone finds you attractive.
    Just because you don't get approached doesn't mean you're unattractive.

• Guys rarely approached me in high school yet I would hear rumors that I'm really pretty to guys. I mean what the fuck that makes no sense to me