Do calf raises actually help tone your calves?

Gas anybody gotten toned calves from doing calf raises, and if so, what was your like routine

Most Helpful Guy

• Seated calf raises. Standing calf raises. Yup, they work! You have to burn them, focus on your form

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they do!

What Guys Said 10

• Yup, seated calf raises, stair stepper, stair jumps at knee height. They all will make your Calves ache but sexy. If you do them slow and correctly.

• I don't know a lot about training but any training is good for you as far as I concerned.

• It can, I used to do weighted calf raises, then I switched to for-foot running, and then I decided that their was no reason to.

• I do calf raise, well never did donkey calf raise.
    I do 4 sets of 20 reps. And yeah you could try changing your foot angle.
    If you place your feet facing out, your inner calves get worked. And placing feet in makes your inner calves work. You may even increase the weight by 5 kilos evey 3 weeks or 4.
    But remember, it takes time to develop bulging calves. You'll need hell lot of patience.
    Stay focused, work on calves regularly, and eat good.

• I think it's more to strengthen them. I'm not sure it tones much.

• yes a fucking lot. just do one leg at a time and just do 20 on one leg then the other then the other

• Yes they do.

• Highly doubt it but I don't know

• yea, you can do that to isolate. also try using a stair stepper or running up stairs

• Yes it just takes patients time and dedication do a little everyday it worked for me

What Girls Said 0