Is red lipstick professional?

I really like wearing red lipstick. It's a bit much for everyday, so I usually just wear it to dinners or galas etc. I'm wondering whether it's okay to wear red lipstick to conferences, business presentations, and more professional events too?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• It is okay but wear a subtle light shade rather than something really bright

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there's like 71,625,370,297,865 shades of red lipstick. There's no reason why you couldn't wear a darker red matte lippie in a professional setting -- even the most formal settings, like courtrooms.

I mean, in that case you ought to spend some extra $$ on lipliners and/or anti-bleeding pens, because feathering would be disaster city if you've got yr hair pulled back tight and yr wearing some type of formal suiting. (I mean, it's disaster city anyway, but even more so under those circumstances... lol)

I'm a lipstick addict and I wear some sort of lippy+gloss pretty much everywhere, all the time, and I do perfectly well as a freelance business person.

More than anything else, this is really gna be about (1) yr ability to read the norms of the environment in which you find yrself, and (2) yr ability to pick shades that actually look good with yr complexion and the rest of the stuff yr wearing.

Rock it!

What Guys Said 8

• yes, but you might want to use a different shade for more professional environments.

• I've seen it in the office before and looked professional to me.

• It's not unprofessional.

• For me i like nature color of skin and the smell of skin :D

• As long as what you are wearing with it is not too sexy, then you should be good!

• I don't know

• I always thought red lipstick was very formal, and kinda looks weird in more relaxed settings. It should be just fine for conferences and business meetings.

• Yes it is.

What Girls Said 7

• yes go for it... red lipstick is a classy color

• Depends on the shade and the rest of the outfit. It could be professional.

• Not in my opinion no.

• yes, professional makeup, is subtle so a neutral eye with a red lip is a perfect look for a conference, just make sure it will only be on your lips and not teeth, clothes, other people, etc..

• I wear red lipstick to work. It is professional.

• I personally think it's more of a glam look.

• It isn't a big deal