Will people notice if I lie about my height?

I applie for a job but they told me that I need to be 1.57 and I am 1.56. Will they notice that I am not 1.57?

Is an acting job!
Thanks for your replies! I did the audition and they didn't check anything! and I have the job :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless they measure you there

What Guys Said 19

• Well if you're short in general and there's a height requirement, there's a good chance they're gonna measure you. I'd say put the 1.57 height down and hope for the best. It's close enough. Worst thing that could happen is they measure you, you're not tall enough, and you don't get the job, which you should be prepared for if that's what it comes down to.

• I have no Idea what those numbers of height mean I live in the USA and go by feet Inches and yards and pounds

• Nope! That's hardly a difference.

• God will judge you for lying lol jk

• 1- why?
    2- a centimeter is virtually nothing
    3- yes, people have an innate ability to tell even the slightest variance in height... you're gonna be in huge trouble

• 1 cm is not much - Chance it

• For acting

Probably because you'll look short even if you are 1.57 so they will measure to pass you through if they see potential. If you are remarkable they might let it pass

• I don't think the are going to get out the measuring tape... you are probably safe!

• If height is a requirement they might measure.

• go in the morning...

you effectively shrink 2.5cm over the course of a day

• ... why do you need to be that tall?

• Because I want to make an audition for an acting job.. and the requirement is 1.57

• Oh, ok. Um, I doubt they'll measure you on the spot, but sure, I don't think it matters.

• I wouldn't lie about it tbh

• Why do need to lie about your height?
    And most likely no.

• Squeeze it out with a posture! Acting is all about faking it until making it anyways ;D

• Nobody can tell.

• Is that difference even noticeable? People care too much about the height thing.

• It's porn, isn't it...

• they probably check

• Well if they measure it then surely they will notice it, and I feel they would surely measure it.

What Girls Said 12

• So you're referring in meters I believe you mean around 5 ft 5 or 4" anyway.01 of a meter shouldn't make a difference don't sweat.

• If they're that specific... they may measure you at your interview lol

• 1 cm is a small difference, but since they were so specific they might measure your height or notice. At the same time they might not. Or maybe you are so great at acting, they'll make an exception lol

• Go for it, wear heels if you must. Strut when you walk, that makes you look taller.

• Not if you walk without slouching.

• not unless they whip out some measuring tape haha

• why would you need to be a certain height for a job? lol
    im sure they will not notice XD

• Probably not. Just make sure to stand up straight :)

• I doubt it.

• What's the job?

• Is an acting job :)

• They might measure you then :/ if it's an important requirement. No harm in trying though

• What job did you apply to that requires a certain height?