Do I Look Anorexic To You?

FIRST: DO NOT ASK OR TELL ME ABOUT MY CUTS! I DON'T DO IT ANYMORE!!!

I was at school today, and these girls kept telling me that I looked like a walking stick. I can't help it! I was diagnosed with bulimia and I DO try to eat more, but my body can't take that much! I thought I was starting to look pretty healthy but I don't know. What do you think?

PLEASE DONT BE MEAN.

Do I Look Anorexic To You?

• Yes, I need to gain a little more
  • I'm on the right track

Most Helpful Guy

• They were wrong to say what they did. I'm sorry as this is no help to you but kids at school can be total a**holes. Please don't let it get to you.

I don't think you look too skinny. As you said, you're trying to improve which is great. :)

I looked at a health site (http://www. bodywhys. ie/aboutED/bulimia/) in my country (as I don't know where you are) and there are supports you can reach out to. I'll paste what the site says here. Just remember that there's nothing wrong with you. I don't know what you're going through that forces you to these coping mechanisms but you can get better. :)

I really hope you start to feel better.
    Good luck! :)

• "Many people with bulimia manage to recover on their own with the right level of support. Nowadays there are many self-help programmes available. These can be used on their own or under the guidance of professionals if needed. The Bodywhys booklet "Binge eating - Breaking the Cycle - a self help guide towards recovery" offers information and suggestions for breaking out of compulsive behaviours and taking back control.

A combination of nutritional advice and psychotherapy can provide powerful support to facilitate the changes needed for full recovery.

Cognitive behavioural therapy is known to be effective. This form of therapy helps a person to look at the false beliefs that underlie their sense of self and their behaviour. It encourages the person to evaluate themselves more realistically and to move towards accepting themselves as they are. Individual psychotherapy and group therapy also aim at increasing self esteem by achieving greater self acceptance and

• I'm sure there's proper government sites in your country that can help you. Also, don't let other people get you down. :)

• Thanks for the mho!
      I really hope you start to feel better. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Take your height and your age.

Go to Google.

Find the healthy weight range for someone your height/age/gender.

Go strip naked and step on a scale (in the morning for most accurate measures).

Take the number on the scale and compare it to the minimum healthy number.

If it's lower, take the minimum healthy number and find 85% of that number. Then take THAT number and compare it to your weight.

If your weight is at or below 85% of the minimum healthy number then you are medically considered anorexic. If it's not then you're not.

What Guys Said 21

• Those girls are just probably jelly. I hate how mean and cruel kids are these days :(

And you don't look anorexic... yet. However, your body does look malnourished. You need to start eating healthy and ignore those nasty girls!

• Not anorexic but definitely underweight this is anorexic:
    skgore.files.wordpress.com/.../...ia-cuando-21.jpg

• It looks like you're getting better, on the right track. Just keep eating good stuff, fruits, veggies, all that jazz!

• No you don't look anorexic. One those wounds are you'll have a beautiful and very attractive body :)

Maybe they are just jelly... girls of your age can be mean. Just try to ignore them and it will get better and if they see that they can't hurt you with those words they will lose interest 👍

• I'm a little worried about your cuts there...

• Need to gain a few more pounds here and there, but on the whole you are looking good.
    as for the scars, they merely tell a story of how you were in distress and had nowhere and no one to turn to. I am glad to hear you are no longer harming yourself and I sincerely hope you are getting better every day.

• You dont look sickly skinny but you are very thin. As long as you are trying to gain some weight and working on it then ignore the bitches, be you and try your best.

• what the shit happened to your leg and stomach

• Ewww yes, you do, eat a burger or something, go to the gym and pack some muscle, you really need to gain some weight.

• No I don't think so. With Bolemia just learn to enjoy food there are so much different kinds of food. But most important learn to work in your self esteem I am sure you gonna make it!

• You don't look fat at all. I would say gain some weight, in a healthy way :)

• You look completely sick...

• You look wayy unfit Tbh and those cutting marks don't help

• You're on the right tract. Keep eating healthy and you'll be fine. Don't worry, you're a beautiful girl :)

• Try eating calorie dense food

• PM me I wanna ask you something

• Your thigh gap though 💯

• your perfect...

• I just - 😞

Are you alright, now?

• Yes, I am okay. Thank you ❤

• Gain more good luck

• Not anorexic... but dunno how crazy it might sound... scars make yer body look cute...

What Girls Said 16

• i think u don't look anorexic, which is wonderful. keep nourishing your body, and giving it the treatment it deserves <3

• I wouldn't say you look "anorexic" however its important more that you're in the right mind frame and working towards your healthy goals. x

• You are definitely still a bit underweight but you are on the right track. It's not easy, it takes time and you don't need to listen to people who shame you. I was bulimic on and off for six years, it's a struggle but you just need to take it one step at a time and refuse to give up.

• I think your pants are too tight, you've got indents on your belly. That can really cause stomach problems. If you're working on eating rationally, keep at it. Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time for your stomach to expand to normal stomach size. If you have been eating so little, but then try to eat a lot suddenly, you'll hurt your stomach. Anyway, you look fine. The only way I would think you had problems eating, would be if you lacked energy. A slender frame isn't always a tell sign.

• Well I don't really see your rib cage so that's good but the thigh gap is a little too far apart. Over time it'll improve.

I'm just glad you're starting to take better care of yourself. Keep it up 👍

• You are on the right track, in that you're in recovery. However, I still think you have a ways to go.

• First of I would like to say, very good job for quitting cutting, I know it's very hard.
    Anyways, I think you are skinny but your body is not anorexic, I think some pounds would be good to gain. Not to much weight you need to gain. I think you look good

• Hey girl, congratulations on overcoming your bulimia! I think you look beautiful and nothing like a "walking stick." You're on the right track and could probably gain a little more weight, but if you're eating normally and just aren't gaining weight, this is perfect. I personally eat A LOT and I still can't gain weight even though I'm trying to. Some girls are just naturally skinnier ❤️

• you look gorgeous. try your best to ignore anyone who ever tells you otherwise.

• Thank you ❤ People are mean to me for no reason, I don't bother anyone but they still pick on me.

• I know how that feels. I really do.

• this is a really awkward picture. just the positioning and stuff.

i think you are on the right track. you don't look anorexic but you have an eating disorder so that's not an accomplishment either.

• You're on the thin side, but just keep going :)
    Plus, they might be just jealous lol

• you're doing fine :)

• I'm skinnier than you and I'm not anorexic. your bones are not visible, you are fine. you have a good body, keep it in shape :)

• They don't get the right to call you anything, "a walking stick" its none of their damn freaking business of they are just going to me rude.
    Are you still fighting bulimia? Because i am, so i can truly feel identified with your post

• There is no " anorexic look " Anorexia is a mental illness that is identified by a professional, yes, anorexic's are very slim, but unhealthily slim and have a very bad mindset. If you aren't anorexic, then you don't look anorexic. Hopefully you eat enough? if you're naturally like this, it's fine. If you're starving yourself to stay this weight, then it's not healthy and you should seek help/gain weight.

• You're thin, yes, but not unhealthily so (at least, you don't LOOK unhealthy). I have a friend who is the same size as you and she is fine health-wise. Just make an effort to build a healthier relationship with food and don't worry about your weight.