Guys, What are your thoughts on my body shape?

Guys, What are your thoughts on my body shape?I'm not gonna lie, I am chubby an after actually taking a photo of myself and seeing it is making me incredibly ashamed. I've seen other photos of plus sized selfies of people on this site but they always seemed to be covering themselves up or have something distracting looking to make them look "better" or hide what they actually look like without all the fancy-smancy get ups. I have no idea what this question will accomplish, it will either destroy my confidence or make me feel a tad better about my body. But I'd like to know what it is you guys think, be polite please.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The bad news is that it doesn't look very good (It doesn't look very bad either). The good news is that you can wear fat well and be much sexier.

To wear it well you need to build up a large musculature. I mean not he-man bulges or anything, just get it to where it's noticeable. That will change the shape of your body, some of your fat will be burned but most will not, and what's left will spread out subtly.

It's either that or just a little bit of resistance training and a BOAT LOAD of cardio and going after the fat. But that's very tedious and tends to come back later unless you do a lifestyle overhaul.

You can get started with squats and push-ups, if you don't have access to equipment. Push-ups exercise a LOT of muscles from head to toe, including your core.

As for your confidence, take this for what it's worth:
    If you campaigned me the way men campaign women, you could smash on this, the way you are now. Probably on day one if you were pushy.

What Guys Said 22

• Well what is there to say other than what you already know, ya you have a lot of body Fat, but instead of feeling bad channel into motivation to be healthy and get the Body you want! You can do it!!

• You're right, I know...

I gotta stop making excuses and actually do something about it.

• Nicely said... honest answer and good advice!

• @oldanddecrepid Thanks man, appreciate it. I don't want to be dishonest, but I don't want to make anyone feel bad too, I def try to encourage fitness where possible.

• My thoughts are you're fat. Nothing more and nothing less. If you're ashamed and need confidence, you can just go to the gym, eat healthy and lose weight. The great thing about being fat is that you can actually do something about it instead of sulking about it and having a lack of confidence because of it

• The gym isn't an option for me. Used to be in one last year but didn't like the atmosphere, but I agree with you, sulking and feeling sorry for myself isn't gonna help. Just wanted to know what people think to finally make that push. I'll get back to my morning jog "routine", laziness does took over. Thanks for commenting :3

• Don't want to make excuses but the weather isn't doing me any favours. Hail, icy winds, and rain. Have any ideas for excercises or routines I could do when the conditions are inhospitable? >:) I basically live in a village of pensioners, so everywhere I go I see old people and that doesn't give me much of an incentive to go out. But as soon as I see sunlight I'll waddle out.

• yeah, i bet. the weather probably gets pretty nasty in england. i wasn't being sarcastic. i have loads of exercises. here's what my track ab workout was with some of mine

-100 push ups a day
      -100 sit ups a day
      -wall sitting for 30 seconds 4 times
      -45 second planks 2 times
      -30 seconds on each arm
      -45 seconds of super mans
      -15 diamond pushups
      -20 leg raises (don't let your feet touch the ground)
      -30 seconds of legs 6" off the ground (15cm) 2 times
      -25 burpies (jump to push up)
      -30 opposite crunches (elbows to opposite knee)
      -10 calf raises- put a foot on the 2nd step and bend your leg 90 degrees
      -25 incline pushups (use stairs)
      -1 minutes of stair runs... start on the ground and you run up the 1st step, then put the other foot on the step and then go back down in that order. i do left to right

that's all i got for now...

• Your body doesn't look bad. Yes you're a bit chubby, but you're not overly chubby. If you lost like 10 or 20 pounds then you'll look great.

• Yeah, losing weight WOULD help you.

• u know that that pics for amazing body transformations? u can save them and use them a few years late. If u dont feel confident with your body time to change that. I trying be polite and its obious are are overweigth and that doesn't help your bones , your mental state your confident everything.

• as you said yourself, you are chubby. not what I'm attracted to but other guys will and if you are unhappy yourself, you can work on it and get in shape :)

• You are way fat, yea

But nothing gym can't fix lol

• You're not in a good shape you know that.
    To get in shape you need some exercise everyday.
    Cut down fat intake. Eat protien.
    Ask a friend to join you for work out, so that you'll be motivated and inspired.

• You're a bit chubby. However some guys are into that.

You just have to exercise more and eat better. It's nothing you can't change. I hope to see you succeed!

• You could lose a couple pounds but you still look good.

• I agree you are chubby but not to the point it's extremely bad.. you can still pull of cute and what not just be more active and it can go any really soon

• You look fine to me, just lose a few pounds. but otherwise not bad in my opinion.

• First of all there is no one person that everyone is going to think is good looking. You are pretty to me. Keep on being you

• You have weight to lose, I'm sure you're aware of that.
    Not horrible, but I'd say somewhere close to 20 pounds and toning up.

• Obese is not healthy

• you're body has a nice shape to it, but yeah, you got a little extra

• you are little fat

• Personally, your body type is what I find most attractive.

• ew! but you asked me for my honest opinion so i gave it

• Too much going on for me

• Chubby yet sexy sexy.

• Hit the gym, it's up to u whether you wanna change or not

• Totally, but gym ain't an option right now. Live too far away, but I'll go and do some running/jogging instead if ya think that'll do the trick.

• Yeah there are other things you can do, maybe find a exercise buddy for motivation or solo if that's what you prefer, it's never ezy but with hard work you can make anythin happen

• I know yer not gonna believe me... but I honestly like yer body and chubby chicks generally...

Good but I doubt u'll get many positive answers I'm afraid...